Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › SoundMagic E10 or RHA MA-350?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SoundMagic E10 or RHA MA-350?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Hello everybody! I'm new here and all of a sudden I have a question. ;)

 

I can decide between two IEMs: SoundMagic E10 and RHA MA-350

Couldn't find comparisons between the two on the net...so please if anybody can help me.

I'm listening a lot of different stuff, for Beethoven to modern electronic music.

 

Thnx!

post #2 of 13
Thread Starter 

Nobody? Any other suggestion...in the same price range? 


Edited by Oculomotorius - 12/9/12 at 10:30am
post #3 of 13

Just ordered the VSonic Gr02 Bass edition - check out the "I'm Done VSonic Gr02 Bass Edition" thread. I have not gotten those yet but I do have the E10s (they are wrapped for Christmas though) so I have not heard either one but heard great reviews on both. Have not seen too much touting of the 350's and I have been snooping around a lot.
 

post #4 of 13

haha I too ordered the SoundMagic's for my mom, thinksound TS01 ($39) for my dad. I'm enjoying the thinksound Rain's ($54) right now, they handle everything I throw at them easily. These prices are off Amazon where I ordered from.

 

Thunder & Rain reviews http://www.head-fi.org/t/464801/thinksound-thunder-rain-iem-reviews-the-eco-friendly-iem-or-more-wood-note-thunder-will-be-renamed-ts01

post #5 of 13
Hmmm those look nice, I have 3 different pairs coming right now so I will wait and check those out first.
post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 

Thnx guys! But...i really don't know what to buy anymore. Now i'm considering of buying Brainwavz M4. :)  

post #7 of 13

I haven't heard the Soundmagic E10, but I have been spending quite a bit of time with the RHA MA350 over the past few months.  It is easily one of the best sub-$100 IEMs I've ever heard.  My detailed review will be up shortly, but here's a quick run-down if it will help...

 

The bass is nicely weighted, with a very smooth extension into the sub-bass region.  It seems to maintain a good balance between warmth and responsiveness, without ever being too thick.  Mids are unexpectedly articulate and NOT recessed into the nether regions as one would expect of typical street/fashion IEMs.

 

Upper mids are crisp and truly shine in terms of offering a nice snap, particularly for acoustic percussion.  Occasionally, there is a bit of a steely harshness in the mids (especially towards the upper mids), but its not high enough in the frequency range as to contribute any sibilance (which is a good thing in my book).  Highs are quite clean with a gradual and smooth tapering - not a sudden roll-off - and complete the picture with "just enough" sparkle (but not a lot of airyness).

 

Overall, the signature is balanced enough (although not flat), with mild emphasis in the mid-bass and upper-mids for a fun, engaging, and lively experience.  I also quite like the soundstage, which had nice width, reasonable depth, a just a bit of height as to not feel stifling.

 

Just about the only drawback that bothers me is how microphonic the cord is.  Bit noisier than most actually, but I mitigate that with the slider, and simply by wearing them over the ear.

 

I would highly recommend these, without hesitation.

 

BTW, I think their giveaway is still active (http://www.rha-audio.com/us/competitions), maybe you can try your luck at winning one?

post #8 of 13

^Just put my email in, I'm getting into this whole headphone gear thing, would be nice to add another pair to what I have!

post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 

@warrenpchi

 

Thnx man! I've ordered Brainwavz M4 this time. The next ones will probably be the RHAs...waiting to see how that competition is going to end;)

post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk650 View Post

^Just put my email in, I'm getting into this whole headphone gear thing, would be nice to add another pair to what I have!

 

How do you like this little hobby of ours so far?  It's a little addicting isn't it?  smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculomotorius View Post

@warrenpchi

 

Thnx man! I've ordered Brainwavz M4 this time. The next ones will probably be the RHAs...waiting to see how that competition is going to end;)

 

Haha, smart move.  wink.gif

 

FWIW, I've also heard the MA450i and it is very good as well.  In fact, as much as I like the MA350, I do prefer the MA450i because it has a smoother and more refined sound, with little to no loss in detail.  I don't know if there are sweeping differences internally, but there is the addition of a filter at the MA450i's nozzle exit, and that apparently goes a long way.  So, it's not just a MA350 with Apple controls on it.

post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

How do you like this little hobby of ours so far?  It's a little addicting isn't it?  smile.gif


Haha, smart move.  wink.gif

FWIW, I've also heard the MA450i and it is very good as well.  In fact, as much as I like the MA350, I do prefer the MA450i because it has a smoother and more refined sound, with little to no loss in detail.  I don't know if there are sweeping differences internally, but there is the addition of a filter at the MA450i's nozzle exit, and that apparently goes a long way.  So, it's not just a MA350 with Apple controls on it.

I have the MA450 and have been wondering if they were identical to the 350. Would you say the 450 is bassier? Or, put another way, which one comes closer to a more balanced sound?
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by glove4 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

How do you like this little hobby of ours so far?  It's a little addicting isn't it?  smile.gif


Haha, smart move.  wink.gif

FWIW, I've also heard the MA450i and it is very good as well.  In fact, as much as I like the MA350, I do prefer the MA450i because it has a smoother and more refined sound, with little to no loss in detail.  I don't know if there are sweeping differences internally, but there is the addition of a filter at the MA450i's nozzle exit, and that apparently goes a long way.  So, it's not just a MA350 with Apple controls on it.

I have the MA450 and have been wondering if they were identical to the 350. Would you say the 450 is bassier? Or, put another way, which one comes closer to a more balanced sound?

 

Nope, I'd have to say the 350 is bassier, but only slightly so.  The bass response of the 350 is somewhat more explosive and a little looser at times.  Whereas the bass response of the 450i is easier and more controlled.  Both are too bassy to be considered truly neutral of course, but they are musical and fun in all the right ways for me.

 

Also, the 450i would be my pick of the two because it takes just a little bit of the edge off in the upper mids - so it's not as fatiguing after long sessions.  The 450i is definitely the more balanced of the two.

post #13 of 13

Now that I have Comply tips for my Klipsch S4's I'm liking them a whole lot more. Def need the seal to get better sub bass and an all around better sound esp since they veil the highs slightly which is actually a plus since they were harsh with the stock tips. These are cheap right now on Amazon but purchase with the T-100 comply tips for an extra $15. I play everything from rap to dubstep to rock/metal on these. Plus, I'm realizing how good the sound stage is on these compared to the Rain's & M50's.

 

That being said, the Rain's IMO have a better midbass to them which makes them fun to listen to and the M50's are non-fatiguing to my ears. The Images are very detailed oriented in comparison?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › SoundMagic E10 or RHA MA-350?