Hi, it's my first time joining here and a wannabe beginner audiophile! I'm still learning about the terms and all other technical stuff. I like listening mostly to jpop/jrock, progressive metal (dream theatre), and some occational jazz or blues. I'm looking for good cans under $200. The one's I'm looking at are Sennheiser HD 229, Sennheiser HD 219, sony MDR-ZX700, Ultrasone HFI-580. I want to hear a balanced mix or a bit of emphasis to the bass guitar, good balance bet mids and highs (but not like JVC Xtreme xplosivesheadphones HA-FR201. I think I got deaf cuz of it). I currently have panasonic RP-HTX 7 (most of the time after a long burn-in period), JVC xtreme explosive headphones HA-FR201, and sony mdr-zx100. I am also using sansa clip zip with fiio e11. And im not interested in any monster or beats product cuz i borrowed my friend's for a week and im still not impressed, specially for it's price range. Help is appreciated. :D
- productHD219 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Basstagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHD229 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Bass - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ721I-K Steez Effects On Ear Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony DRZX701IP Monitor Headphones for iPhonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for a great pair of headphones in the 100 dollar range that sound good but like decent Last post on 8/18/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $100 with this Criteria? Last post on 8/6/12 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD25-1 or Ultrasone HFI 580 (*edited May 19 added Sony ZX700 out of curiosity) Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
The Major 6 was one of the older models in chord&Major's lineup that has been revamped into the Major 6'13, inline with the Tonal Earphone series design principles. While it looks identical to the...
REMEMBER! No elitists aloud here. Headphones are objects with personality! The richest people can enjoy the cheapest headphone just because it provides the sound he's looking for, has the highs...
xDuoo X2 : Watch out Sansa! This review is a part of the review tour organised by Hifinage in India. I'd like to thank them for giving me the opportunity to be on the tour. And more...
Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can't really recommend any of the headphones you've mentioned as I've never heard them but if you're looking for a cheap place to buy Ultrasone headphones and reside in Australia , headphonic and addicted to audio are having sales on their Ultrasone line, HFI-780 going for under $200. As a side note, glad to see someone else out there who enjoys J-pop/rock :D
Their ebay store has international shipping, so if you could stomach the shipping:
My sister also started out with the RP-HTX7s. She likes my TBSE1s, so I looked for headphones with similar sound signatures and settled on ordering these ZX700s for her.
I like my TBSE1s, but I prefer listening to them through my CMoy:
If you live in the US they're still going for $50 at Tuesday Morning: http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-stereophones/1255982.jsp
There's more J-Pop/J-Rock fans here than you think, btw.
Edited by mbamg - 12/8/12 at 9:38am
Cool thanks for the info!. So, I've narrowed it down to sony zx700 and hfi-580/780 (more on 580 cuz i heard they have a bit more bass in them). I'm leaning towards the sony zx700 just because of the price range. Thanks for your help guys! :D
Even though most of my friends watch anime, none of them listen to jpop/rock. All of them are in to kpop. It's ok, but I still prefer good ol' jpop/rock!! Their play style is crazy. I learned most of my bass guitar techniques cuz of it lol. nice to see people out there who have the same interests! :D I thought i was the only one!
*too bad for the koss one, don't have enough cash yet cuz of too many expenses for the coming holidays...
- Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by iitime
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by De1taE1even
- › Skullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Size by cs098
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2