Hi, it's my first time joining here and a wannabe beginner audiophile! I'm still learning about the terms and all other technical stuff. I like listening mostly to jpop/jrock, progressive metal (dream theatre), and some occational jazz or blues. I'm looking for good cans under $200. The one's I'm looking at are Sennheiser HD 229, Sennheiser HD 219, sony MDR-ZX700, Ultrasone HFI-580. I want to hear a balanced mix or a bit of emphasis to the bass guitar, good balance bet mids and highs (but not like JVC Xtreme xplosivesheadphones HA-FR201. I think I got deaf cuz of it). I currently have panasonic RP-HTX 7 (most of the time after a long burn-in period), JVC xtreme explosive headphones HA-FR201, and sony mdr-zx100. I am also using sansa clip zip with fiio e11. And im not interested in any monster or beats product cuz i borrowed my friend's for a week and im still not impressed, specially for it's price range. Help is appreciated. :D
- productHD219 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Basstagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHD229 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Bass - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ721I-K Steez Effects On Ear Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony DRZX701IP Monitor Headphones for iPhonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for a great pair of headphones in the 100 dollar range that sound good but like decent Last post on 8/18/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $100 with this Criteria? Last post on 8/6/12 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD25-1 or Ultrasone HFI 580 (*edited May 19 added Sony ZX700 out of curiosity) Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
These were actually my first pair of mixing headphones. I can definitely say they worked for me at the time, but this is also the time I did not acknowledge the importance of EQ & compression. I...
In my search for a good pair of earbuds, these where my next try. Better than the previous maxell I bought, but definitely the search must keep going. My ratings are; Bass 2/5,...
Grado SR80i Intro Thingy: I was wondering if I should even review the SR80i because Grado's e series cans came out not too long ago and I was thinking noone would heed my review 'cause the...
After being impressed with the value of the MEElectronics M6 Pro, I wanted to take a look at a bassier IEM from the same company. The M-Duo is a dual dynamic driver earphone with a separate...
Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can't really recommend any of the headphones you've mentioned as I've never heard them but if you're looking for a cheap place to buy Ultrasone headphones and reside in Australia , headphonic and addicted to audio are having sales on their Ultrasone line, HFI-780 going for under $200. As a side note, glad to see someone else out there who enjoys J-pop/rock :D
Their ebay store has international shipping, so if you could stomach the shipping:
My sister also started out with the RP-HTX7s. She likes my TBSE1s, so I looked for headphones with similar sound signatures and settled on ordering these ZX700s for her.
I like my TBSE1s, but I prefer listening to them through my CMoy:
If you live in the US they're still going for $50 at Tuesday Morning: http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-stereophones/1255982.jsp
There's more J-Pop/J-Rock fans here than you think, btw.
Edited by mbamg - 12/8/12 at 9:38am
Cool thanks for the info!. So, I've narrowed it down to sony zx700 and hfi-580/780 (more on 580 cuz i heard they have a bit more bass in them). I'm leaning towards the sony zx700 just because of the price range. Thanks for your help guys! :D
Even though most of my friends watch anime, none of them listen to jpop/rock. All of them are in to kpop. It's ok, but I still prefer good ol' jpop/rock!! Their play style is crazy. I learned most of my bass guitar techniques cuz of it lol. nice to see people out there who have the same interests! :D I thought i was the only one!
*too bad for the koss one, don't have enough cash yet cuz of too many expenses for the coming holidays...
- Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 18 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 26 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 57 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Mini-Meet and Tour at MrSpeakers, San Diego, Saturday May 9, 12-5PM 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 2 minutes ago
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by Dickymint
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2