Hi, it's my first time joining here and a wannabe beginner audiophile! I'm still learning about the terms and all other technical stuff. I like listening mostly to jpop/jrock, progressive metal (dream theatre), and some occational jazz or blues. I'm looking for good cans under $200. The one's I'm looking at are Sennheiser HD 229, Sennheiser HD 219, sony MDR-ZX700, Ultrasone HFI-580. I want to hear a balanced mix or a bit of emphasis to the bass guitar, good balance bet mids and highs (but not like JVC Xtreme xplosivesheadphones HA-FR201. I think I got deaf cuz of it). I currently have panasonic RP-HTX 7 (most of the time after a long burn-in period), JVC xtreme explosive headphones HA-FR201, and sony mdr-zx100. I am also using sansa clip zip with fiio e11. And im not interested in any monster or beats product cuz i borrowed my friend's for a week and im still not impressed, specially for it's price range. Help is appreciated. :D
- productHD219 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Basstagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHD229 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Bass - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ721I-K Steez Effects On Ear Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony DRZX701IP Monitor Headphones for iPhonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for a great pair of headphones in the 100 dollar range that sound good but like decent Last post on 8/18/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $100 with this Criteria? Last post on 8/6/12 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD25-1 or Ultrasone HFI 580 (*edited May 19 added Sony ZX700 out of curiosity) Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can't really recommend any of the headphones you've mentioned as I've never heard them but if you're looking for a cheap place to buy Ultrasone headphones and reside in Australia , headphonic and addicted to audio are having sales on their Ultrasone line, HFI-780 going for under $200. As a side note, glad to see someone else out there who enjoys J-pop/rock :D
Their ebay store has international shipping, so if you could stomach the shipping:
My sister also started out with the RP-HTX7s. She likes my TBSE1s, so I looked for headphones with similar sound signatures and settled on ordering these ZX700s for her.
I like my TBSE1s, but I prefer listening to them through my CMoy:
If you live in the US they're still going for $50 at Tuesday Morning: http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-stereophones/1255982.jsp
There's more J-Pop/J-Rock fans here than you think, btw.
Edited by mbamg - 12/8/12 at 9:38am
Cool thanks for the info!. So, I've narrowed it down to sony zx700 and hfi-580/780 (more on 580 cuz i heard they have a bit more bass in them). I'm leaning towards the sony zx700 just because of the price range. Thanks for your help guys! :D
Even though most of my friends watch anime, none of them listen to jpop/rock. All of them are in to kpop. It's ok, but I still prefer good ol' jpop/rock!! Their play style is crazy. I learned most of my bass guitar techniques cuz of it lol. nice to see people out there who have the same interests! :D I thought i was the only one!
*too bad for the koss one, don't have enough cash yet cuz of too many expenses for the coming holidays...
- Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Which headphones to try? 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 seconds ago
- › Need good Amp for AKG K7XX to use it on pc .phone and ps4 46 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE3/BE5/BE7) 2 minutes ago
- › Is it worth it to upgrade to the Vmoda m100 from the crossfadeLP? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)