Hi, it's my first time joining here and a wannabe beginner audiophile! I'm still learning about the terms and all other technical stuff. I like listening mostly to jpop/jrock, progressive metal (dream theatre), and some occational jazz or blues. I'm looking for good cans under $200. The one's I'm looking at are Sennheiser HD 229, Sennheiser HD 219, sony MDR-ZX700, Ultrasone HFI-580. I want to hear a balanced mix or a bit of emphasis to the bass guitar, good balance bet mids and highs (but not like JVC Xtreme xplosivesheadphones HA-FR201. I think I got deaf cuz of it). I currently have panasonic RP-HTX 7 (most of the time after a long burn-in period), JVC xtreme explosive headphones HA-FR201, and sony mdr-zx100. I am also using sansa clip zip with fiio e11. And im not interested in any monster or beats product cuz i borrowed my friend's for a week and im still not impressed, specially for it's price range. Help is appreciated. :D
- productHD219 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Basstagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHD229 - Closed Back On Ear Headphones with Dynamic Bass - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTX7PP-W Retro Style Monitor Headphones (White)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productPioneer SE-MJ721I-K Steez Effects On Ear Stereo Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony DRZX701IP Monitor Headphones for iPhonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-ZX-700tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Alternatives to ATH-M50? Last post on 11/15/12 at 7:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for a great pair of headphones in the 100 dollar range that sound good but like decent Last post on 8/18/12 at 6:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones around $100 with this Criteria? Last post on 8/6/12 at 8:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD25-1 or Ultrasone HFI 580 (*edited May 19 added Sony ZX700 out of curiosity) Last post on 5/28/11 at 10:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I can't really recommend any of the headphones you've mentioned as I've never heard them but if you're looking for a cheap place to buy Ultrasone headphones and reside in Australia , headphonic and addicted to audio are having sales on their Ultrasone line, HFI-780 going for under $200. As a side note, glad to see someone else out there who enjoys J-pop/rock :D
Their ebay store has international shipping, so if you could stomach the shipping:
My sister also started out with the RP-HTX7s. She likes my TBSE1s, so I looked for headphones with similar sound signatures and settled on ordering these ZX700s for her.
I like my TBSE1s, but I prefer listening to them through my CMoy:
If you live in the US they're still going for $50 at Tuesday Morning: http://www.tuesdaymorning.com/tony-bennett-signature-edition-stereophones/1255982.jsp
There's more J-Pop/J-Rock fans here than you think, btw.
Edited by mbamg - 12/8/12 at 9:38am
Cool thanks for the info!. So, I've narrowed it down to sony zx700 and hfi-580/780 (more on 580 cuz i heard they have a bit more bass in them). I'm leaning towards the sony zx700 just because of the price range. Thanks for your help guys! :D
Even though most of my friends watch anime, none of them listen to jpop/rock. All of them are in to kpop. It's ok, but I still prefer good ol' jpop/rock!! Their play style is crazy. I learned most of my bass guitar techniques cuz of it lol. nice to see people out there who have the same interests! :D I thought i was the only one!
*too bad for the koss one, don't have enough cash yet cuz of too many expenses for the coming holidays...
- Good headphones for jpop/jrock under $200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Comparisons: 21 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 20 seconds ago
- › Custom Wooden O2/ODAC (Separate) 51 seconds ago
- › WANTED: USB to S/PDIF converter 53 seconds ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 1 minute ago
- › Which soundcard for 50% music and 50% gaming (FPS) ? 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › First Watt Aleph J clone 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)