If she's going to be using them unamped I would personally strongly recommend the Sennheiser Momentum they are detailed and have plenty of bass. In addition others seem to say they sound quite a bit like the HD600.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Girlfriend is looking for headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually do find the newer gen of Sennheiser sounded quite difference from the older gen. HD600/650 both have a more balanced and a lil dark sound on treb/mid/bass, while the newer gen, like Amperior/Momentum/558/598/700/800 has a very bright mids which make the treb/bass kind of went behind, with a big but empty soundstage.
Since balance is my personal preference I would not recommend 558 over 600.
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.
I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)
It's not really a monitoring headphone with that frequency curve, and it really is uncomfortable.
It really shouldn't: the 25s are fully adjustable and you can set the clamping force using a combination of pod position (lower is less clamping) and the band (less split is less clamp.) Yes, it is idiotic that Sennheiser don't include an instruction leaflet - I only found this out because of some comments a TV news sound guy made on a blog.
Get some Aurum cables and you'd be good to go!
- Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony Lost my IEM, no reponse what should i do? 11 seconds ago
- › iBasso D6 "Fer-de-Lance" USB DAC/Amp 25 seconds ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Need headphones, amp for country and classic rock 5 minutes ago
- › Forgiving High End Headphone Recommendation 6 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 11 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)