If she's going to be using them unamped I would personally strongly recommend the Sennheiser Momentum they are detailed and have plenty of bass. In addition others seem to say they sound quite a bit like the HD600.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Girlfriend is looking for headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually do find the newer gen of Sennheiser sounded quite difference from the older gen. HD600/650 both have a more balanced and a lil dark sound on treb/mid/bass, while the newer gen, like Amperior/Momentum/558/598/700/800 has a very bright mids which make the treb/bass kind of went behind, with a big but empty soundstage.
Since balance is my personal preference I would not recommend 558 over 600.
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.
I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)
It's not really a monitoring headphone with that frequency curve, and it really is uncomfortable.
It really shouldn't: the 25s are fully adjustable and you can set the clamping force using a combination of pod position (lower is less clamping) and the band (less split is less clamp.) Yes, it is idiotic that Sennheiser don't include an instruction leaflet - I only found this out because of some comments a TV news sound guy made on a blog.
Get some Aurum cables and you'd be good to go!
- Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 30 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 42 seconds ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 45 seconds ago
- › WTB Fiio E12 in Canada 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio E12 Portable Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Amplification and Planar-Magnetic Headphones' purely resistive... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2