If she's going to be using them unamped I would personally strongly recommend the Sennheiser Momentum they are detailed and have plenty of bass. In addition others seem to say they sound quite a bit like the HD600.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Girlfriend is looking for headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually do find the newer gen of Sennheiser sounded quite difference from the older gen. HD600/650 both have a more balanced and a lil dark sound on treb/mid/bass, while the newer gen, like Amperior/Momentum/558/598/700/800 has a very bright mids which make the treb/bass kind of went behind, with a big but empty soundstage.
Since balance is my personal preference I would not recommend 558 over 600.
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.
I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)
It's not really a monitoring headphone with that frequency curve, and it really is uncomfortable.
It really shouldn't: the 25s are fully adjustable and you can set the clamping force using a combination of pod position (lower is less clamping) and the band (less split is less clamp.) Yes, it is idiotic that Sennheiser don't include an instruction leaflet - I only found this out because of some comments a TV news sound guy made on a blog.
Get some Aurum cables and you'd be good to go!
- Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › post your grado mods.... 8 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 22 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 48 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-27 1 minute ago
- › Custom IEM Artwork (show yours or use provided template to make... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)