If she's going to be using them unamped I would personally strongly recommend the Sennheiser Momentum they are detailed and have plenty of bass. In addition others seem to say they sound quite a bit like the HD600.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Girlfriend is looking for headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I actually do find the newer gen of Sennheiser sounded quite difference from the older gen. HD600/650 both have a more balanced and a lil dark sound on treb/mid/bass, while the newer gen, like Amperior/Momentum/558/598/700/800 has a very bright mids which make the treb/bass kind of went behind, with a big but empty soundstage.
Since balance is my personal preference I would not recommend 558 over 600.
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.
I would too reccommend these, but I have them and their build quality is abysmal. Not on the surface, but the cable connections and the cable itself all went within 4-6 months. Amazing sound, horrible build quality. Although some people don't have a problem? (Malveaux)
It's not really a monitoring headphone with that frequency curve, and it really is uncomfortable.
It really shouldn't: the 25s are fully adjustable and you can set the clamping force using a combination of pod position (lower is less clamping) and the band (less split is less clamp.) Yes, it is idiotic that Sennheiser don't include an instruction leaflet - I only found this out because of some comments a TV news sound guy made on a blog.
Get some Aurum cables and you'd be good to go!
- Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Gorilla Ear AT5 for Reshell 57 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › PEF-12 for AK240 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Destiny 3 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2