I'm looking for suggestions. I recently had her up and she was listening to my HD600s and instantly fell in love with them. That being said, while I do find them fitting myself for the genres she listens to, I cant help but feel there might be better options out there for her. She's looking to spend $200-300. She typically listens to a lot of electronic music and she likes bass. Bass is a must.
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need good cans for my arrow 4g Last post on 3/19/13 at 11:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Thanks guys for helping to get this review featured! The support I've gotten so far is amazing and I look forward to bringing more reviews to the Head-Fi community. AUDIO TECHNICA'S...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I know from those that theyve got good bass.
I currently own a pair of HD25, but I wouldnt recommend them for your GF because the clamping force will probably annoy her. I've ordered a pair of MDR-1R; from what I read, it's very comfortable and produces good sound (Jude said best sub $500 closed-cans). But I'm not sure if the bass will "wow" her, as some said that the bass is not as boomy or punchy. Besides, the MDR-1R look great IMO :) (they're in a black/red version and white/silver/brown edition, I ordered the black/red one, the red looks mighty on the black)
Main reason why I'm stepping off the HD25 is due to the sibilance.
I could've picked the Momentum, but they're more expensive and the design of the headphone makes it look huge on my head. AKG K167, I heard it's a bit fragile.
My mate owns a pair of ATH-M50's, the bass and comfort is good but I (personally) don't really like the design.
If she's only using it for @home use (with an amp, small one like a fiio e11 would do), I'd say get her a pair of HE-400 :D
Edited by Faab - 12/8/12 at 7:37am
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro80
or the Limited Edition Pro32
As they do not sacrifice much of other apsects with their powerful bass, and still sound elegant as to the HD600.
I purchased a pair of dt770 pro 80's about a month back and they are awesome, especially for bass music. They also dont drown out the mids and highs, the only thing that some people might consider a downside is the slightly recessed mids. I personally dont mind. Plus the velour ear pads are really comfy.
Hifiman HE-400 is known as a good technological upgrade to HD600, so she could well like them. I bought them recently and love the sound. I think it is wonderful for well-recorded and complex electronic music, but with poorly recorded and heavily compressed EM it may not sound as fun as some other alternatives suggested (DT770s, D2000 etc).
The bass of HE-400 is possibly the best you can find in this price range. If your girlfriend wants subwoofer-like bass, HE-400 can deliver that.
I wear them every night for hours and find them comfortable, but to some they may be a bit bulky and heavy. The design is not great.
Perhaps best $400 I spent on music equipment. I would have paid more for them.
I would suggest the V-Moda Crossfade m100's, they sound perfect for what you are looking for.. They have a lot of bass and are built like a tank. Also they are very customizable so she can make them "look pretty". Innerfidelity has an excellent review on them here http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100. Cnet gave them an editors choice award. The hifimans are pretty heavy and my wife thinks they are heavy.
Worth noting that the ATH-M50's come in white -- which might appeal. Also there is the 50th anniversary edition with silver/metallic finish.
But if she fell in love with your HD600s -- would definitely consider the HD600 (or HD 650) as possibly being right on the mark. Safest bet, I'd say...
I have to agree with krash3x the v-moda m-100s are the best possible match. They have them in an excellent white color and they are super great for electronic music and they have a kicking bass! The m-80s are a possible choice too.
why are people recommending beyerdynamic T1, he-500 and hd 600/650 when he said budget is 200-300?
M-Audio Q40 they're like $130-$180, I think. They were recommended to me by a very very reliable source. I'd actually like to see what the source would upgrade from the Q40s. You know something a little more expensive that might sound a little better. If I get an answer Ill post again. I'm into dark headphones with more bass than my hd598s, so he said Q40s. I listen to electronic/classical.
- Girlfriend is looking for headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › a few bugs on chrome and mobile chrome. 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan HE-400i 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Does the USB Cable Matter (USB DACS) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Nokia Lumia 635 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)