So, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to tell everyone on this board thank you for helping me get by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. After lurking on here forever i am now the proud owner of pop green Beyerdynamic dt 990's and a Cambridge DAC Magic +. There is just one last thing though, i now want more . You see i originally got the hifiman he-400's after hearing so many people on here recommend them, After listening to them for about 10 day's i sent them back, they just were not what i was looking for in a set of high dollar can's. Then after receiving the 990's i loved them and do not regret getting them at all. I was just wondering if there are a set of cans that sound like a mixture of the 990's and he 400's, Analytical but still laid back and good for all genres of music? By the way the recommendation for the dac magic was great. best dac, and headphone amp Ive ever heard.
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 2 vs HE 500 which one has the more haunting beautiful lush mids? Last post on 4/26/14 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Using an USB DAC or USB AUDIO INTERFACE to listen music. Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:47am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/7/12 at 1:54pmpost #3 of 412/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Hey, thanks for the suggestion ill try them out, They actually have them on display at my local bestbuy. Do you know of any orthodynamic headphones that sound like this. I have to admit i got pretty addicted to the punch of the he-400's.post #4 of 412/7/12 at 3:37pm
The HE-500 is still my Ortho recommendation because it is less expensive than the LCD-2 and a tad more durable. The current batch of LCD-2 headphones are on par with the HE-500, but the older LCD-2 headphones may have an issue that is often called the "submarine effect" where the sound is sluggish, slow, and not very tight.
- Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › What are head-fi members views on apt-x lossless codec (over... 47 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 1 minute ago
- › Reaction to snakes 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Seiko is a great watch 8 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2