So, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to tell everyone on this board thank you for helping me get by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. After lurking on here forever i am now the proud owner of pop green Beyerdynamic dt 990's and a Cambridge DAC Magic +. There is just one last thing though, i now want more . You see i originally got the hifiman he-400's after hearing so many people on here recommend them, After listening to them for about 10 day's i sent them back, they just were not what i was looking for in a set of high dollar can's. Then after receiving the 990's i loved them and do not regret getting them at all. I was just wondering if there are a set of cans that sound like a mixture of the 990's and he 400's, Analytical but still laid back and good for all genres of music? By the way the recommendation for the dac magic was great. best dac, and headphone amp Ive ever heard.
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using an USB DAC or USB AUDIO INTERFACE to listen music. Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:47am in Computer Audio
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/7/12 at 1:54pmpost #3 of 412/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Hey, thanks for the suggestion ill try them out, They actually have them on display at my local bestbuy. Do you know of any orthodynamic headphones that sound like this. I have to admit i got pretty addicted to the punch of the he-400's.post #4 of 412/7/12 at 3:37pm
The HE-500 is still my Ortho recommendation because it is less expensive than the LCD-2 and a tad more durable. The current batch of LCD-2 headphones are on par with the HE-500, but the older LCD-2 headphones may have an issue that is often called the "submarine effect" where the sound is sluggish, slow, and not very tight.
- Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)