So, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to tell everyone on this board thank you for helping me get by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. After lurking on here forever i am now the proud owner of pop green Beyerdynamic dt 990's and a Cambridge DAC Magic +. There is just one last thing though, i now want more . You see i originally got the hifiman he-400's after hearing so many people on here recommend them, After listening to them for about 10 day's i sent them back, they just were not what i was looking for in a set of high dollar can's. Then after receiving the 990's i loved them and do not regret getting them at all. I was just wondering if there are a set of cans that sound like a mixture of the 990's and he 400's, Analytical but still laid back and good for all genres of music? By the way the recommendation for the dac magic was great. best dac, and headphone amp Ive ever heard.
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD 2 vs HE 500 which one has the more haunting beautiful lush mids? Last post on 4/26/14 at 5:53am in Headphones (full-size)
- Using an USB DAC or USB AUDIO INTERFACE to listen music. Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:47am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/7/12 at 1:54pmpost #3 of 412/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Hey, thanks for the suggestion ill try them out, They actually have them on display at my local bestbuy. Do you know of any orthodynamic headphones that sound like this. I have to admit i got pretty addicted to the punch of the he-400's.post #4 of 412/7/12 at 3:37pm
The HE-500 is still my Ortho recommendation because it is less expensive than the LCD-2 and a tad more durable. The current batch of LCD-2 headphones are on par with the HE-500, but the older LCD-2 headphones may have an issue that is often called the "submarine effect" where the sound is sluggish, slow, and not very tight.
- Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 (CANADA) 4 minutes ago
- › 11th Calgary Head-Fi Meet Sunday May 31st, 2015 at University of... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2