So, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to tell everyone on this board thank you for helping me get by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. After lurking on here forever i am now the proud owner of pop green Beyerdynamic dt 990's and a Cambridge DAC Magic +. There is just one last thing though, i now want more . You see i originally got the hifiman he-400's after hearing so many people on here recommend them, After listening to them for about 10 day's i sent them back, they just were not what i was looking for in a set of high dollar can's. Then after receiving the 990's i loved them and do not regret getting them at all. I was just wondering if there are a set of cans that sound like a mixture of the 990's and he 400's, Analytical but still laid back and good for all genres of music? By the way the recommendation for the dac magic was great. best dac, and headphone amp Ive ever heard.
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using an USB DAC or USB AUDIO INTERFACE to listen music. Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:47am in Computer Audio
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/7/12 at 1:54pmpost #3 of 412/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Hey, thanks for the suggestion ill try them out, They actually have them on display at my local bestbuy. Do you know of any orthodynamic headphones that sound like this. I have to admit i got pretty addicted to the punch of the he-400's.post #4 of 412/7/12 at 3:37pm
The HE-500 is still my Ortho recommendation because it is less expensive than the LCD-2 and a tad more durable. The current batch of LCD-2 headphones are on par with the HE-500, but the older LCD-2 headphones may have an issue that is often called the "submarine effect" where the sound is sluggish, slow, and not very tight.
- Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Band Name Game II 22 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 26 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Can I connect speakers AND headphones to the headphone out of a... 5 minutes ago
- › E09K and E17 Volume Which is louder? 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)