So, long time lurker, first time poster. I just wanted to tell everyone on this board thank you for helping me get by far the best headphones I've ever listened to. After lurking on here forever i am now the proud owner of pop green Beyerdynamic dt 990's and a Cambridge DAC Magic +. There is just one last thing though, i now want more . You see i originally got the hifiman he-400's after hearing so many people on here recommend them, After listening to them for about 10 day's i sent them back, they just were not what i was looking for in a set of high dollar can's. Then after receiving the 990's i loved them and do not regret getting them at all. I was just wondering if there are a set of cans that sound like a mixture of the 990's and he 400's, Analytical but still laid back and good for all genres of music? By the way the recommendation for the dac magic was great. best dac, and headphone amp Ive ever heard.
Related Forum Threads
- 2nd PRICE DROP: Beyerdynamic DT880 / DT990 OBO Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:16am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Upgrade from HD-595? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone Signature Pro vs Beyer T70p vs Beyer T5p for rock and metal? Last post on 11/6/12 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Using an USB DAC or USB AUDIO INTERFACE to listen music. Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:47am in Computer Audio
- Will a Pioneer DJM-900 mixer adequately power DT 900 Pro 600 Ohm or Audeze LCD-2 headphones? Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:23pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/7/12 at 1:54pmpost #3 of 412/7/12 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Hey, thanks for the suggestion ill try them out, They actually have them on display at my local bestbuy. Do you know of any orthodynamic headphones that sound like this. I have to admit i got pretty addicted to the punch of the he-400's.post #4 of 412/7/12 at 3:37pm
The HE-500 is still my Ortho recommendation because it is less expensive than the LCD-2 and a tad more durable. The current batch of LCD-2 headphones are on par with the HE-500, but the older LCD-2 headphones may have an issue that is often called the "submarine effect" where the sound is sluggish, slow, and not very tight.
- Thank's guy's, You helped me get the perfect headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 3 minutes ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 4 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)