Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Eyewear and Headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eyewear and Headphones

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

Hi folks,

I am an audiophile wannabe, (AhahaHHa that sound just lol)

and i have a question:

 

when you wear your phones, you need to take out your prescription lenses?

If yes, what you do if you can't i.e. On the go.

because my fear is that the sunglassese/prescriptions can ruin the isolation and the soundstage.

 

I think this is a good question.

 

Any idea?

 

Take care

post #2 of 5

No and no. Never had much of an issue and have worn glasses my entire life. If the pads are super stiff I guess it could ruin isolation or if your frames are gigantic plastic things...But with a fairly thin frame and broken in pads they'll just form around your frames. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNavara View Post

Hi folks,

I am an audiophile wannabe, (AhahaHHa that sound just lol)

and i have a question:

 

when you wear your phones, you need to take out your prescription lenses?

If yes, what you do if you can't i.e. On the go.

because my fear is that the sunglassese/prescriptions can ruin the isolation and the soundstage.

 

I think this is a good question.

 

Any idea?

 

Take care

post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

No and no. Never had much of an issue and have worn glasses my entire life. If the pads are super stiff I guess it could ruin isolation or if your frames are gigantic plastic things...But with a fairly thin frame and broken in pads they'll just form around your frames. 

 


SO let me wrap this up:

 

1_ IEMs and stuff ---> no problem

2_ On ear ---> no problem because the frameisn't involved

3_ Over ear and big phones ---> no problem because the pads will form around.. but i have big frames XD

Oakley mufflers

https://www.google.com/search?q=oakley+mufflers&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:it:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=it&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=gy3CUJmXFMv5sgaFqYDYCA&biw=1366&bih=664&sei=hi3CUN26MJGWswaRg4G4Dg

post #4 of 5
you could have some comfort issues. Maybe you should stick with the grado on ear headphones.
post #5 of 5

Comfort may be an issue with tight on ears. They will press your 'ear hooks' to the side of your head and it bothers some people.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjj226 Angel View Post

you could have some comfort issues. Maybe you should stick with the grado on ear headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Eyewear and Headphones