Guy's I can got three great cans (UE 6000, M-80, Monster Turbine Gold) and I'm wondering if I should pic up the ATH M-50 for ****'s and giggles. I wanna dabble in DIY stuff with cans and I think the M-50s would be great to play around with but I'm curious how they would sound compared to my current cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need opinions: KG550 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs HD-598 vs UE6000 vs Custom One Pro vs DT 770 vs... Last post on 11/10/13 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New guy looking for full sized phones. Last post on 4/11/13 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
The H10 from Gustard is the best solid state amplifier I've heard that retails for under $500. It's better than most that retail for under $1000. This thing deserves a quality review so here it...
PreIntroduction: I am in no way affiliated or work for Aune. For this review, the Aune B1 has been provided to me as a review sample by Aune, as one of the 10 review samples sent out to...
Note: Review was done with a sample provided by DUNU-Topsound. For a more complete picture, please visit the dedicated thread for the DUNU DN-2000J (here). The DN-2000J is a classically...
Review: MDR-1A is the Head of Its’ Class Intro There exists a number of different schools of headphones with many different classes. In elementary school we had Apples Earpods as required...
[REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wish more headphone reviews were like this -- clear, concise, and touches on all the important aspects of the headphones. All this without going too much into audiophile jargon. Keep it up, and I hope to see more reviews from you.
Hey guys, I updated the second post to link to some headphone review videos I've been putting up.
No new details compared to the written version (actually probably less videos) but you can get a closer look at how the headphones look. :)
Looks great! As a lot of the things you've written are spot on with my own perception, I've come to highly trust the feedback you give. Always looking forward to what you have to say and I hope you keep adding to this comparison as time goes by.
Hmmm... Well aside from the cost, I don't know how the Fostex would be considered a portable headphobe haha. I would love a pair one day though :3
Maybe one day for a full size headphone comparison, but then again I do not really want to get into the business of collecting full sizes. -___-;
It is too late. You've become a trusted reviewer around here that's put out excellent content. You don't want to disappoint now, do you? (insert sad puppy dog eyes here)
Man, really impressed with the quality of this review/comparison. Professional quality stuff for sure. Too bad this is buried in the IEM section of the forums as I think it would get more comments and further discussion if it were in the full-size can section. After reading the piece, I am now on the hunt for a pair of Momentums to help round out my stable of current headphones. These look REALLY nice and I could see getting a lot of head time with these. Off to the classified section! Thanks again and looking forward to reading more of your work.
Quick question before I go: Would you say these [Momentums] have a similar sound signature to the HD600 also by Sennheiser?
- [REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lets Talk Metal 36 seconds ago
- › Amp/DAC combo mostly for desktop listening around $100? 1 minute ago
- › Upgradability attacks! Looking for a new amp to my 880s and 598s 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › WAV Sounds The Best (To Me) 6 minutes ago
- › Best sub-$200 (flexible) cans for classical, punk, and some... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 8 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI Headphones by ItsMeHere
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by Peter West
- › AUSDOM M06 Over-ear Stereo Bluetooth Headphones Wireless + Wired... by Hisoundfi
- › Aurisonics ASG-2.5 Generic Fit Digital-Hybrid In-Ear Monitors in... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2