Guy's I can got three great cans (UE 6000, M-80, Monster Turbine Gold) and I'm wondering if I should pic up the ATH M-50 for ****'s and giggles. I wanna dabble in DIY stuff with cans and I think the M-50s would be great to play around with but I'm curious how they would sound compared to my current cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need opinions: KG550 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs HD-598 vs UE6000 vs Custom One Pro vs DT 770 vs... Last post on 11/10/13 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum too small, what now... UE6000/9000? Last post on 4/4/13 at 10:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Favorite Over Ear Headphones For Library Setting Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
[REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S,... - Page 6post #76 of 1132/4/13 at 3:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 1132/19/13 at 8:10amBasically they have a slightly colder sound with more emphasized treble and bass. Slightly v-shaped and bass has good detailed extension while also being punchy. Mids are detailed but ever so slightly recessed. Soundstage is a little narrow. I find them to be fun, all-around cans. The biggest difference you'll hear in comparison to the M-80s, is in the highs and overall tone, which is a bit brighter on the M50.. M-80s are more balanced across the board but where the highs are missing a little sparkle, you'll get plenty with the M50. The latter is overall the more aggressive can and while there is an emphasis on treble, I don find it harsh.post #78 of 1132/22/13 at 4:31pmThread Starterpost #79 of 1132/26/13 at 11:00pm
I wish more headphone reviews were like this -- clear, concise, and touches on all the important aspects of the headphones. All this without going too much into audiophile jargon. Keep it up, and I hope to see more reviews from you.post #80 of 1133/25/13 at 11:25pmEnjoyed the combined reviews and the comparison. Portable amping is not always possible in the busy 21st century society so it is quite practical that you have not included amps for portable use. Were you using lossless files in the iPhone, and if yes were you using the App store FLAC player?post #81 of 1133/26/13 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by a_recording
Hey guys, I updated the second post to link to some headphone review videos I've been putting up.
No new details compared to the written version (actually probably less videos) but you can get a closer look at how the headphones look. :)
Looks great! As a lot of the things you've written are spot on with my own perception, I've come to highly trust the feedback you give. Always looking forward to what you have to say and I hope you keep adding to this comparison as time goes by.post #82 of 1134/4/13 at 1:18amThread Starterpost #83 of 1136/1/13 at 9:14pmpost #84 of 1136/2/13 at 8:34pmThread Starter
Hmmm... Well aside from the cost, I don't know how the Fostex would be considered a portable headphobe haha. I would love a pair one day though :3post #85 of 1136/3/13 at 1:46ampost #86 of 1136/3/13 at 2:20amThread Starterpost #87 of 1136/3/13 at 10:38ampost #88 of 1136/3/13 at 4:07pmThread Starter
Maybe one day for a full size headphone comparison, but then again I do not really want to get into the business of collecting full sizes. -___-;post #89 of 1136/4/13 at 9:13amQuote:
It is too late. You've become a trusted reviewer around here that's put out excellent content. You don't want to disappoint now, do you? (insert sad puppy dog eyes here)post #90 of 1137/10/13 at 11:20am
Man, really impressed with the quality of this review/comparison. Professional quality stuff for sure. Too bad this is buried in the IEM section of the forums as I think it would get more comments and further discussion if it were in the full-size can section. After reading the piece, I am now on the hunt for a pair of Momentums to help round out my stable of current headphones. These look REALLY nice and I could see getting a lot of head time with these. Off to the classified section! Thanks again and looking forward to reading more of your work.
Quick question before I go: Would you say these [Momentums] have a similar sound signature to the HD600 also by Sennheiser?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced - updated with... 6 seconds ago
- › Looking For Budget IEMs 37 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 7 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)