Guy's I can got three great cans (UE 6000, M-80, Monster Turbine Gold) and I'm wondering if I should pic up the ATH M-50 for ****'s and giggles. I wanna dabble in DIY stuff with cans and I think the M-50s would be great to play around with but I'm curious how they would sound compared to my current cans.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAIAIAI TMA-1 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/13/12
- productLogitech UE 6000tagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/13/12
- productSony MDR-Z1000tagged by System, 12/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Finding Headphones Last post on 12/26/12 at 2:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need opinions: KG550 vs Sennheiser Momentum vs HD-598 vs UE6000 vs Custom One Pro vs DT 770 vs... Last post on 11/10/13 at 10:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Dear Head-Fi, I need help choosing my first pair of high quality headphones. Last post on 10/1/13 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Full-size headphone dilemma Help Last post on 9/17/13 at 8:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New guy looking for full sized phones. Last post on 4/11/13 at 9:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
First off, I got the E80 on loan from a generous fellow headfi'er. You know who you are. Thanks! I have absolutely no connection to SoundMagic and have no incentive to compose this review...
The Blackwood and Cherrywood side by side. Overall view of what this review consisted of. First of all, I’d like to thank Zach for supplying the Omni for this...
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
[REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wish more headphone reviews were like this -- clear, concise, and touches on all the important aspects of the headphones. All this without going too much into audiophile jargon. Keep it up, and I hope to see more reviews from you.
Hey guys, I updated the second post to link to some headphone review videos I've been putting up.
No new details compared to the written version (actually probably less videos) but you can get a closer look at how the headphones look. :)
Looks great! As a lot of the things you've written are spot on with my own perception, I've come to highly trust the feedback you give. Always looking forward to what you have to say and I hope you keep adding to this comparison as time goes by.
Hmmm... Well aside from the cost, I don't know how the Fostex would be considered a portable headphobe haha. I would love a pair one day though :3
Maybe one day for a full size headphone comparison, but then again I do not really want to get into the business of collecting full sizes. -___-;
It is too late. You've become a trusted reviewer around here that's put out excellent content. You don't want to disappoint now, do you? (insert sad puppy dog eyes here)
Man, really impressed with the quality of this review/comparison. Professional quality stuff for sure. Too bad this is buried in the IEM section of the forums as I think it would get more comments and further discussion if it were in the full-size can section. After reading the piece, I am now on the hunt for a pair of Momentums to help round out my stable of current headphones. These look REALLY nice and I could see getting a lot of head time with these. Off to the classified section! Thanks again and looking forward to reading more of your work.
Quick question before I go: Would you say these [Momentums] have a similar sound signature to the HD600 also by Sennheiser?
- [REVIEW] Closed Portable Circumaural / Around-Ear Headphone Comparison – M50, Z1000, TMA-1 S, Momentum, UE6000, MDR-1R
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 36 seconds ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 42 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 5 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 6 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 6 minutes ago
- › MATRIX M-Stage HPA-3B Class A Full Balance Headphone Amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by nmatheis
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by Jjacq
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3