I've made another thread about the ultrasone's but If I was to get a pc 360 by sennheiser for gaming and listening to music would an amp be necessary? I don't really want to spend the extra money.
Related Forum Threads
- Need a headset matching my description. Last post on 11/16/12 at 3:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for $100-170 USD 5.1 headphones Last post on 6/28/12 at 10:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New MacBook Pro (Retina), PC 360s and what DAC? Last post on 6/24/12 at 4:32am in Computer Audio
- Could I get a lil' help here please? Last post on 4/2/13 at 4:11am in Computer Audio
- Looking for Gaming Headphones Last post on 3/20/13 at 8:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
pc 360 amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not to be rude, but if you don't want to spend extra money frivolously then I recommend you read the impedance/sensitivity of the PC 360 that you're looking at. Would you buy tires without knowing what size your car takes? Same applies here. These measurements give you a good indicator of whether or not you'll be needing additional amplification beyond what your current source equipment already supplies. TL;DR: you don't need an amp, they're 50ohms, low impedance.
As I'm assuming this is for a win PC desktop.
Asus Xonar DG ($26, PCI) or DGX ($40, PCI-E) sound card.
Comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound.
- pc 360 amp?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 23 seconds ago
- › New to "Serious" Audio. DACS+AMPS / Sound Cards + Amps + I Don't... 30 seconds ago
- › Dallas, TX - Sunday, June 9th, 2013 - The "Not Quite In The Oven... 41 seconds ago
- › Ifi iLink USB converter 53 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 56 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5 portable amplifier appreciation + discussion thread... 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe