I play poker a lot and am looking for a pair of closed headphones under $200. I listen to mostly rock with the occasional rap. I want to be able to listen to them at a decent volume without the people next to me hearing them. I am new to high headphones. I have seen people talking about the m-50's being very good. I would also prefer a pair that isn't ugly and has a detachable cord. Also I most likely wont be using a amp at the table. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowed my short-list down to 4 of the common favourites but have some specific questions Last post on 3/15/13 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- need help selecting new cans Last post on 12/27/14 at 5:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
Just purchased to see if the review-ratings here were any close to reality. Not-so-much. But it's good to have it with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with you if you...
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would NOT recommend the ATH-M50s unless you plan on buying the older models second hand. The new model of ATH-M50 ships in a white box and does not have near the sound quality of the older line. They lack midbass punch and almost all bottom end. Bestbuy has some AKG K550s on sale for $230. I know that is over budget. I will let more experienced head-fi posters give recommendations in that price range.
If you have a $200 budget you might consider some IEMs. Nobody around you will hear anything you are listening to, sound isolation should be good as well. Good luck on your search!
If they are considerably better than anything under $200 then i could do that. Would they preform well with out an amp? And is the cable permanent? Any input on SYNCS by 50 cent? Or are they just hyped because of the name?
Edited by villani77 - 12/6/12 at 3:23pm
- Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 19 seconds ago
- › FS Fitear ToGo334 54 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-GC20 Headphone Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 minute ago
- › Stax SR007 Resonance Problems? 2 minutes ago
- › 1/4 coiled cable extender 4 feet when not stretched/extended... 3 minutes ago
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2