I play poker a lot and am looking for a pair of closed headphones under $200. I listen to mostly rock with the occasional rap. I want to be able to listen to them at a decent volume without the people next to me hearing them. I am new to high headphones. I have seen people talking about the m-50's being very good. I would also prefer a pair that isn't ugly and has a detachable cord. Also I most likely wont be using a amp at the table. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowed my short-list down to 4 of the common favourites but have some specific questions Last post on 3/15/13 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 412/6/12 at 2:44pm
I would NOT recommend the ATH-M50s unless you plan on buying the older models second hand. The new model of ATH-M50 ships in a white box and does not have near the sound quality of the older line. They lack midbass punch and almost all bottom end. Bestbuy has some AKG K550s on sale for $230. I know that is over budget. I will let more experienced head-fi posters give recommendations in that price range.
If you have a $200 budget you might consider some IEMs. Nobody around you will hear anything you are listening to, sound isolation should be good as well. Good luck on your search!post #3 of 412/6/12 at 3:21pmThread Starter
If they are considerably better than anything under $200 then i could do that. Would they preform well with out an amp? And is the cable permanent? Any input on SYNCS by 50 cent? Or are they just hyped because of the name?
Edited by villani77 - 12/6/12 at 3:23pm
- Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 18 seconds ago
- › Steelseries Flux in ear 25 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 37 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Should I buy this particular sound card? Will it improve my audio... 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob