I play poker a lot and am looking for a pair of closed headphones under $200. I listen to mostly rock with the occasional rap. I want to be able to listen to them at a decent volume without the people next to me hearing them. I am new to high headphones. I have seen people talking about the m-50's being very good. I would also prefer a pair that isn't ugly and has a detachable cord. Also I most likely wont be using a amp at the table. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Narrowed my short-list down to 4 of the common favourites but have some specific questions Last post on 3/15/13 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions for a $200 over the ear headphone, mostly for EDM/Dubstep Last post on 4/6/14 at 7:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife. Last post on 1/23/14 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I would NOT recommend the ATH-M50s unless you plan on buying the older models second hand. The new model of ATH-M50 ships in a white box and does not have near the sound quality of the older line. They lack midbass punch and almost all bottom end. Bestbuy has some AKG K550s on sale for $230. I know that is over budget. I will let more experienced head-fi posters give recommendations in that price range.
If you have a $200 budget you might consider some IEMs. Nobody around you will hear anything you are listening to, sound isolation should be good as well. Good luck on your search!
If they are considerably better than anything under $200 then i could do that. Would they preform well with out an amp? And is the cable permanent? Any input on SYNCS by 50 cent? Or are they just hyped because of the name?
Edited by villani77 - 12/6/12 at 3:23pm
- Best closed headphones for playing poker
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones! 1 second ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 15 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 34 seconds ago
- › IKEA Hi-Fi Stand (easy, MODULAR and f-in solid) DIY Guide 57 seconds ago
- › recabling westone 3s 59 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Help with PC mic buzzing on Asus Xonar Essence STX 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Polk Buckle- an overlooked headphone that deserves a thread 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)