On some electronic beats I notice a static like, low distorted sound on the right side only. Since this is absent on the left driver do you think my T1's are defective? On the flip side, I listened to Cheap Trick, Elvis, Abba, and didn't notice it. Gaming wise, I notice it on Cod WAW when I pause then unpause. Small static, right side only. Volume doesn't seem to matter.. I played Black Ops 2 and didn't notice anything.. And simple solutions? Or should I just return them?
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- DACPort: is it strong enough to drive the T1? Last post on 3/12/14 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will DACPort be able to drive Beyerdynamic T1s to a reasonable level? Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- search narrowed down to two headphones--------CD 700 and the Beyer T-1 Last post on 1/29/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Defective T1's?post #1 of 3112/6/12 at 10:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3112/6/12 at 12:59pmpost #3 of 3112/9/12 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 3112/9/12 at 9:55ampost #5 of 3112/9/12 at 9:59ampost #6 of 3112/9/12 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #7 of 3112/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #8 of 3112/10/12 at 10:13amThread Starter
I thought of that, since it only happens with certain computer generated beats and a few other sounds, on the right side. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, since 1,000 is a huge amount for me, and don't want the hassle of sending them back for a new pair.post #9 of 3112/10/12 at 2:29pm
Could be your amp. I was getting static in the left channel on all of my cans. It turns out it was my smartphone too close to the amp causing interference. Moving the phone 3 or 4 feet away solved the problem.post #10 of 3112/13/12 at 12:20pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm asking the company I bought them from for an exchange. It not the amp. I did a side by side check with each side left and right. When I notice the static distortion, (Movies, Music, games) it's always on the right side. The left with the same sound is clear as day. The static is not random though, always the same spot, but if it only occurs on one side it seems to be defective, don't you think?post #11 of 3112/13/12 at 12:25pmpost #12 of 3112/13/12 at 12:31pm
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.post #13 of 3112/14/12 at 1:22pmThread Starterpost #14 of 3112/14/12 at 1:28pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by karljs
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.
Yes!, but also happens during speaking at times.. I noticed this in the run down.. A few sentences had the above, right side only.. Oddly enough, I played COD BOII for over an hour and nothing. I don't get the right side ness, and really gets bad with meditation type beats on youtube, and when playing an old game, you can hear a heart pumping, and the buzz/static sound makes it vurtual un playable. I thought this from a seller on Amazon. If Amazon sold it to me, they would send me another T1, then I would have 30 days to return my defective pair or be charged the other headphone.post #15 of 311/4/13 at 9:51pm
Same thing happened to me, and I returned the T1 for exchange, this problem's been mentioned by some others head-fiers here too.
When there's a strong bass signal, it seems to rattle something inside the T1, it was the right side for me as well. It sounds like as if there's a cable or wire inside that's buzzing off something metallic.
- Defective T1's?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 31 seconds ago
- › DT 990 PRO 250 vs SoundMAGIC HP100 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 2 minutes ago
- › New version of HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (external PSU) with AMP! 3 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 (BLACK) $150 Free Shipping! 3 minutes ago
- › [IC] Prismsound ADA8 with Firewire and AES card 4 minutes ago
- › reasonable pair of over-ears 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude