On some electronic beats I notice a static like, low distorted sound on the right side only. Since this is absent on the left driver do you think my T1's are defective? On the flip side, I listened to Cheap Trick, Elvis, Abba, and didn't notice it. Gaming wise, I notice it on Cod WAW when I pause then unpause. Small static, right side only. Volume doesn't seem to matter.. I played Black Ops 2 and didn't notice anything.. And simple solutions? Or should I just return them?
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- DACPort: is it strong enough to drive the T1? Last post on 3/12/14 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will DACPort be able to drive Beyerdynamic T1s to a reasonable level? Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- search narrowed down to two headphones--------CD 700 and the Beyer T-1 Last post on 1/29/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Defective T1's?post #1 of 3112/6/12 at 10:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3112/6/12 at 12:59pmpost #3 of 3112/9/12 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 3112/9/12 at 9:55ampost #5 of 3112/9/12 at 9:59ampost #6 of 3112/9/12 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #7 of 3112/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #8 of 3112/10/12 at 10:13amThread Starter
I thought of that, since it only happens with certain computer generated beats and a few other sounds, on the right side. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, since 1,000 is a huge amount for me, and don't want the hassle of sending them back for a new pair.post #9 of 3112/10/12 at 2:29pm
Could be your amp. I was getting static in the left channel on all of my cans. It turns out it was my smartphone too close to the amp causing interference. Moving the phone 3 or 4 feet away solved the problem.post #10 of 3112/13/12 at 12:20pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm asking the company I bought them from for an exchange. It not the amp. I did a side by side check with each side left and right. When I notice the static distortion, (Movies, Music, games) it's always on the right side. The left with the same sound is clear as day. The static is not random though, always the same spot, but if it only occurs on one side it seems to be defective, don't you think?post #11 of 3112/13/12 at 12:25pmpost #12 of 3112/13/12 at 12:31pm
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.post #13 of 3112/14/12 at 1:22pmThread Starterpost #14 of 3112/14/12 at 1:28pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by karljs
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.
Yes!, but also happens during speaking at times.. I noticed this in the run down.. A few sentences had the above, right side only.. Oddly enough, I played COD BOII for over an hour and nothing. I don't get the right side ness, and really gets bad with meditation type beats on youtube, and when playing an old game, you can hear a heart pumping, and the buzz/static sound makes it vurtual un playable. I thought this from a seller on Amazon. If Amazon sold it to me, they would send me another T1, then I would have 30 days to return my defective pair or be charged the other headphone.post #15 of 311/4/13 at 9:51pm
Same thing happened to me, and I returned the T1 for exchange, this problem's been mentioned by some others head-fiers here too.
When there's a strong bass signal, it seems to rattle something inside the T1, it was the right side for me as well. It sounds like as if there's a cable or wire inside that's buzzing off something metallic.
- Defective T1's?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The Basshead Club 5 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 50 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Good headphones similar to the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears in size? 1 minute ago
- › Dasetn M760/M1/M3/AP8 earbuds Review/Impressions/Appreciation 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › Album art game 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman ZX1 128GB 4 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob