On some electronic beats I notice a static like, low distorted sound on the right side only. Since this is absent on the left driver do you think my T1's are defective? On the flip side, I listened to Cheap Trick, Elvis, Abba, and didn't notice it. Gaming wise, I notice it on Cod WAW when I pause then unpause. Small static, right side only. Volume doesn't seem to matter.. I played Black Ops 2 and didn't notice anything.. And simple solutions? Or should I just return them?
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on Today at 4:52 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- good amp for beyer T1 playing mainly vinyl records Last post on 1/27/14 at 11:21am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Grado upgrade Last post on 1/28/14 at 1:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Why are so many people against equalization? Last post on 1/23/14 at 5:05am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
Defective T1's?post #1 of 3112/6/12 at 10:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3112/6/12 at 12:59pmpost #3 of 3112/9/12 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 3112/9/12 at 9:55ampost #5 of 3112/9/12 at 9:59ampost #6 of 3112/9/12 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #7 of 3112/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #8 of 3112/10/12 at 10:13amThread Starter
I thought of that, since it only happens with certain computer generated beats and a few other sounds, on the right side. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, since 1,000 is a huge amount for me, and don't want the hassle of sending them back for a new pair.post #9 of 3112/10/12 at 2:29pm
Could be your amp. I was getting static in the left channel on all of my cans. It turns out it was my smartphone too close to the amp causing interference. Moving the phone 3 or 4 feet away solved the problem.post #10 of 3112/13/12 at 12:20pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm asking the company I bought them from for an exchange. It not the amp. I did a side by side check with each side left and right. When I notice the static distortion, (Movies, Music, games) it's always on the right side. The left with the same sound is clear as day. The static is not random though, always the same spot, but if it only occurs on one side it seems to be defective, don't you think?post #11 of 3112/13/12 at 12:25pmpost #12 of 3112/13/12 at 12:31pm
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.post #13 of 3112/14/12 at 1:22pmThread Starterpost #14 of 3112/14/12 at 1:28pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by karljs
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.
Yes!, but also happens during speaking at times.. I noticed this in the run down.. A few sentences had the above, right side only.. Oddly enough, I played COD BOII for over an hour and nothing. I don't get the right side ness, and really gets bad with meditation type beats on youtube, and when playing an old game, you can hear a heart pumping, and the buzz/static sound makes it vurtual un playable. I thought this from a seller on Amazon. If Amazon sold it to me, they would send me another T1, then I would have 30 days to return my defective pair or be charged the other headphone.post #15 of 311/4/13 at 9:51pm
Same thing happened to me, and I returned the T1 for exchange, this problem's been mentioned by some others head-fiers here too.
When there's a strong bass signal, it seems to rattle something inside the T1, it was the right side for me as well. It sounds like as if there's a cable or wire inside that's buzzing off something metallic.
- Defective T1's?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 7 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 21 seconds ago
- › How does bass of Audio Technica A900X compare to JVC RX900? 30 seconds ago
- › Ipod Purchase Advice? 30 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this forum. Could I get some much needed advice? 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 cable broken after 4 days (How could this be?!) 2 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude