On some electronic beats I notice a static like, low distorted sound on the right side only. Since this is absent on the left driver do you think my T1's are defective? On the flip side, I listened to Cheap Trick, Elvis, Abba, and didn't notice it. Gaming wise, I notice it on Cod WAW when I pause then unpause. Small static, right side only. Volume doesn't seem to matter.. I played Black Ops 2 and didn't notice anything.. And simple solutions? Or should I just return them?
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- DACPort: is it strong enough to drive the T1? Last post on 3/12/14 at 6:56pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will DACPort be able to drive Beyerdynamic T1s to a reasonable level? Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- DAC/Amp for Beyerdynamic T1 Last post on 2/23/14 at 3:04am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on 3/16/14 at 4:56am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- search narrowed down to two headphones--------CD 700 and the Beyer T-1 Last post on 1/29/14 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
Defective T1's?post #1 of 3112/6/12 at 10:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 3112/6/12 at 12:59pmpost #3 of 3112/9/12 at 9:53amThread Starterpost #4 of 3112/9/12 at 9:55ampost #5 of 3112/9/12 at 9:59ampost #6 of 3112/9/12 at 12:41pmThread Starterpost #7 of 3112/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #8 of 3112/10/12 at 10:13amThread Starter
I thought of that, since it only happens with certain computer generated beats and a few other sounds, on the right side. Maybe I'm being too paranoid, since 1,000 is a huge amount for me, and don't want the hassle of sending them back for a new pair.post #9 of 3112/10/12 at 2:29pm
Could be your amp. I was getting static in the left channel on all of my cans. It turns out it was my smartphone too close to the amp causing interference. Moving the phone 3 or 4 feet away solved the problem.post #10 of 3112/13/12 at 12:20pmThread StarterQuote:
I'm asking the company I bought them from for an exchange. It not the amp. I did a side by side check with each side left and right. When I notice the static distortion, (Movies, Music, games) it's always on the right side. The left with the same sound is clear as day. The static is not random though, always the same spot, but if it only occurs on one side it seems to be defective, don't you think?post #11 of 3112/13/12 at 12:25pmpost #12 of 3112/13/12 at 12:31pm
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.post #13 of 3112/14/12 at 1:22pmThread Starterpost #14 of 3112/14/12 at 1:28pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by karljs
While the one-sidedness of this is odd, it sounds incredibly similar to the first time I really heard digital clipping. It often manifests as a kind of slight buzz or static sound at peaks in the music. As others have suggested, you should make extra sure it's not the source.
Yes!, but also happens during speaking at times.. I noticed this in the run down.. A few sentences had the above, right side only.. Oddly enough, I played COD BOII for over an hour and nothing. I don't get the right side ness, and really gets bad with meditation type beats on youtube, and when playing an old game, you can hear a heart pumping, and the buzz/static sound makes it vurtual un playable. I thought this from a seller on Amazon. If Amazon sold it to me, they would send me another T1, then I would have 30 days to return my defective pair or be charged the other headphone.post #15 of 311/4/13 at 9:51pm
Same thing happened to me, and I returned the T1 for exchange, this problem's been mentioned by some others head-fiers here too.
When there's a strong bass signal, it seems to rattle something inside the T1, it was the right side for me as well. It sounds like as if there's a cable or wire inside that's buzzing off something metallic.
- Defective T1's?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › Microphone or Headset? Need help! 28 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 38 seconds ago
- › Norse Audio: Feedback & Impression Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Next $500 Investment: SRH-1540, or Amp/DAC Setup? 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob