Your Fiio E17/ E5 for my balanced XLR Gamma2 DAC
Will Ship To: ConUSA
I would like to try a Fiio E17 amp/DAC and/or a Fiio E5 amp.
I am offering, as trade, a balanced XLR Gamma2 with Sigma25 PSU. I paid $350 for it, so a trade will require additional paypal from the owner of Fiio E17.
My Gamma2 was built by an experienced builder (ShinyFalcon at Headfi) who has built several Gamma2s and Beta22s. It can output RCA unbalanced as well. It is the best available configuration. I will add more photos and details later.
The following are configurations of my Gamma2:
1) Balanced XLR output does not affect unbalanced RCA output. Capacitor and resistors are inside XLR plugs; if you cut off XLR plugs, you can a stock Gamma2.
2) This is the full++ version (top option), with USB, optical, and coaxial inputs. Also has coaxial and optical outputs.
3) WM8741 as DAC chip, OPA2365 as opamp.
4) Sigma25 as power supply. I had a second MisterX Gamma2 with Jameco PSU and did comparison side by side, this one with Sigma25 sounded better to my ears.
5) ASRC / upsampling using SRC4192
I can include some free coaxial and optical cables, as long as they can fit into the same shipping box.
I am downgrading due to my busy work schedule and family life. In addition to a Fiio E17, I can accept the followings trades (absolutely not interested in things that are not listed):
1) a WDTV live media player
2) a 64GB microSDXC card
3) A Rockbox'ed iPod 7 gen with 240GB HDD (note: want this exact configuration).
Plus or minus cash from either side to make an even deal.
I have ~60 (100% positive) feedback at Headfi. Thank you for your interest.
Edited by zzffnn - 12/17/12 at 10:33am