- 30 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTechnical Pro HPT990 Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's my bottleneck? How good is my audio source? Will it do good headphones justice? Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:10pm in Computer Audio
- Replace my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s (Open, Budget, Soundstage) Last post on 9/23/12 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing comfortable $70 - $80 headphones for alternative/rock Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Westone for providing me with review sample in exchange for my honest opinion....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of the oomph of the 598, many monies off. take the surround strips out for more bass (slightly).
Try before you buy...
CS:S and CS:GO positional audio = Win with 558. cost me the equivalent of $160.
For FPS games the hd 598 is the best, the lack of bass is relative(some find to bass strong other find it weak , while other find it perfect) and the ATH-M50 lack of sound stage and recessed mids make a bad allrounder , some say the hd 518 is one of the best bang for buck headphones, the prices on the hd 598 usually drop around this time , so look out for price drops, also there are guy on this site who of recent are sell their hd 598 for under $200(barely used , like 20 hours) ill look up those and send you a pm, if i can still find them or they are still available (they go fast)
Edited by XxDobermanxX - 12/6/12 at 3:41am
Amazon and Electronics Expo sell used HD558 ($115-$140), not sure if they would ship to your country (Which is?).
The Titanium HD's headphone output jack has a 35-Ohm impedance, so not the best for quality audio.
So chances are no matter what headphones you get, you not going to get the best of of them anyway,
Check out the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) headphones, sells for $65 mail order.
Something to use until you get the Schiit Asgard.
The headphones you have in mind are low impedance, they will be good straight from your soundcard. I can vouch for the 598 if you have the money, i use them occasionally for gaming.
558 or 598s. Love my 598s and their looks. If you want something more budget like with pretty much the same sound then 558s if you can find them. I love my 598s. Pretty durable, light as a feather, great sound, with eq to the bass they sound great!
518/558/598 Have very same drivers, just grills are different, so buy 518 and remove plastic grill, you will save money + you got youself 598 99% like headphone, you can also create your own grills.
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 18 seconds ago
- › DAC and amplifier options 23 seconds ago
- › Apple Music... Seriously? 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › please help me decide buy an earphone 2 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › cables are placebo 3 minutes ago
- › Amarra - anyone using it? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 4 minutes ago
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › PreSonus HD7 Professional Monitoring Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)