- 30 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTechnical Pro HPT990 Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's my bottleneck? How good is my audio source? Will it do good headphones justice? Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:10pm in Computer Audio
- Replace my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s (Open, Budget, Soundstage) Last post on 9/23/12 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing comfortable $70 - $80 headphones for alternative/rock Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:51am in Headphones (full-size)
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of the oomph of the 598, many monies off. take the surround strips out for more bass (slightly).
Try before you buy...
CS:S and CS:GO positional audio = Win with 558. cost me the equivalent of $160.
For FPS games the hd 598 is the best, the lack of bass is relative(some find to bass strong other find it weak , while other find it perfect) and the ATH-M50 lack of sound stage and recessed mids make a bad allrounder , some say the hd 518 is one of the best bang for buck headphones, the prices on the hd 598 usually drop around this time , so look out for price drops, also there are guy on this site who of recent are sell their hd 598 for under $200(barely used , like 20 hours) ill look up those and send you a pm, if i can still find them or they are still available (they go fast)
Edited by XxDobermanxX - 12/6/12 at 3:41am
Amazon and Electronics Expo sell used HD558 ($115-$140), not sure if they would ship to your country (Which is?).
The Titanium HD's headphone output jack has a 35-Ohm impedance, so not the best for quality audio.
So chances are no matter what headphones you get, you not going to get the best of of them anyway,
Check out the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) headphones, sells for $65 mail order.
Something to use until you get the Schiit Asgard.
The headphones you have in mind are low impedance, they will be good straight from your soundcard. I can vouch for the 598 if you have the money, i use them occasionally for gaming.
558 or 598s. Love my 598s and their looks. If you want something more budget like with pretty much the same sound then 558s if you can find them. I love my 598s. Pretty durable, light as a feather, great sound, with eq to the bass they sound great!
518/558/598 Have very same drivers, just grills are different, so buy 518 and remove plastic grill, you will save money + you got youself 598 99% like headphone, you can also create your own grills.
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (updated on page 3 with... 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 6 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 16 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)