- 30 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTechnical Pro HPT990 Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's my bottleneck? How good is my audio source? Will it do good headphones justice? Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:10pm in Computer Audio
- Replace my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s (Open, Budget, Soundstage) Last post on 9/23/12 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing comfortable $70 - $80 headphones for alternative/rock Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of the oomph of the 598, many monies off. take the surround strips out for more bass (slightly).
Try before you buy...
CS:S and CS:GO positional audio = Win with 558. cost me the equivalent of $160.
For FPS games the hd 598 is the best, the lack of bass is relative(some find to bass strong other find it weak , while other find it perfect) and the ATH-M50 lack of sound stage and recessed mids make a bad allrounder , some say the hd 518 is one of the best bang for buck headphones, the prices on the hd 598 usually drop around this time , so look out for price drops, also there are guy on this site who of recent are sell their hd 598 for under $200(barely used , like 20 hours) ill look up those and send you a pm, if i can still find them or they are still available (they go fast)
Edited by XxDobermanxX - 12/6/12 at 3:41am
Amazon and Electronics Expo sell used HD558 ($115-$140), not sure if they would ship to your country (Which is?).
The Titanium HD's headphone output jack has a 35-Ohm impedance, so not the best for quality audio.
So chances are no matter what headphones you get, you not going to get the best of of them anyway,
Check out the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) headphones, sells for $65 mail order.
Something to use until you get the Schiit Asgard.
The headphones you have in mind are low impedance, they will be good straight from your soundcard. I can vouch for the 598 if you have the money, i use them occasionally for gaming.
558 or 598s. Love my 598s and their looks. If you want something more budget like with pretty much the same sound then 558s if you can find them. I love my 598s. Pretty durable, light as a feather, great sound, with eq to the bass they sound great!
518/558/598 Have very same drivers, just grills are different, so buy 518 and remove plastic grill, you will save money + you got youself 598 99% like headphone, you can also create your own grills.
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 53 seconds ago
- › 1-More design In-Ear Headphones - short review 59 seconds ago
- › IEMs w/ remote + mic, over-the-ear design 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Is the iPod Touch 5th Gen adequate enough for the Sennheiser... 1 minute ago
- › iQube V5. Mint! (EU) 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › Unified X1,3,5,7 Theming thread (Video/image library) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3