- 30 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTechnical Pro HPT990 Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's my bottleneck? How good is my audio source? Will it do good headphones justice? Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:10pm in Computer Audio
- Replace my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s (Open, Budget, Soundstage) Last post on 9/23/12 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing comfortable $70 - $80 headphones for alternative/rock Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of the oomph of the 598, many monies off. take the surround strips out for more bass (slightly).
Try before you buy...
CS:S and CS:GO positional audio = Win with 558. cost me the equivalent of $160.
For FPS games the hd 598 is the best, the lack of bass is relative(some find to bass strong other find it weak , while other find it perfect) and the ATH-M50 lack of sound stage and recessed mids make a bad allrounder , some say the hd 518 is one of the best bang for buck headphones, the prices on the hd 598 usually drop around this time , so look out for price drops, also there are guy on this site who of recent are sell their hd 598 for under $200(barely used , like 20 hours) ill look up those and send you a pm, if i can still find them or they are still available (they go fast)
Edited by XxDobermanxX - 12/6/12 at 3:41am
Amazon and Electronics Expo sell used HD558 ($115-$140), not sure if they would ship to your country (Which is?).
The Titanium HD's headphone output jack has a 35-Ohm impedance, so not the best for quality audio.
So chances are no matter what headphones you get, you not going to get the best of of them anyway,
Check out the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) headphones, sells for $65 mail order.
Something to use until you get the Schiit Asgard.
The headphones you have in mind are low impedance, they will be good straight from your soundcard. I can vouch for the 598 if you have the money, i use them occasionally for gaming.
558 or 598s. Love my 598s and their looks. If you want something more budget like with pretty much the same sound then 558s if you can find them. I love my 598s. Pretty durable, light as a feather, great sound, with eq to the bass they sound great!
518/558/598 Have very same drivers, just grills are different, so buy 518 and remove plastic grill, you will save money + you got youself 598 99% like headphone, you can also create your own grills.
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 1 minute ago
- › B&W P7 Recable... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 3 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN HE6 Amp Ranking Database 6 minutes ago
- › New DAP Shanling M2 is coming, smaller size and all new design 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 7 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio Cable Impressions, Reviews and Discussion | Sunrise,... 7 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2