- 30 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-558tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTakstar 2050tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productTechnical Pro HPT990 Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/10/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser hd380 pro or hd555 or hd595 or audio technicia ath m50s LE Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- What's my bottleneck? How good is my audio source? Will it do good headphones justice? Last post on 11/16/12 at 8:10pm in Computer Audio
- Replace my Audio-Technica ATH-AD700s (Open, Budget, Soundstage) Last post on 9/23/12 at 3:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing comfortable $70 - $80 headphones for alternative/rock Last post on 7/30/12 at 1:51am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Most of the oomph of the 598, many monies off. take the surround strips out for more bass (slightly).
Try before you buy...
CS:S and CS:GO positional audio = Win with 558. cost me the equivalent of $160.
For FPS games the hd 598 is the best, the lack of bass is relative(some find to bass strong other find it weak , while other find it perfect) and the ATH-M50 lack of sound stage and recessed mids make a bad allrounder , some say the hd 518 is one of the best bang for buck headphones, the prices on the hd 598 usually drop around this time , so look out for price drops, also there are guy on this site who of recent are sell their hd 598 for under $200(barely used , like 20 hours) ill look up those and send you a pm, if i can still find them or they are still available (they go fast)
Edited by XxDobermanxX - 12/6/12 at 3:41am
Amazon and Electronics Expo sell used HD558 ($115-$140), not sure if they would ship to your country (Which is?).
The Titanium HD's headphone output jack has a 35-Ohm impedance, so not the best for quality audio.
So chances are no matter what headphones you get, you not going to get the best of of them anyway,
Check out the Takstar Hi2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) headphones, sells for $65 mail order.
Something to use until you get the Schiit Asgard.
558 or 598s. Love my 598s and their looks. If you want something more budget like with pretty much the same sound then 558s if you can find them. I love my 598s. Pretty durable, light as a feather, great sound, with eq to the bass they sound great!
518/558/598 Have very same drivers, just grills are different, so buy 518 and remove plastic grill, you will save money + you got youself 598 99% like headphone, you can also create your own grills.
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Alo Audio Copper 22 Digital Usb Audio Cable 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)