- 42 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) Last post on Yesterday at 7:44 am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's Last post on 1/26/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Today I got this MP3 player but I am debating to keep it or not because the button layout is horrible. Also, the user interface is choppy with FLAC files. There is a noticable lag when choosing...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could do a set up something like my old rig. It's actually a pretty decent combo for the price.
Especially to get the most out of ATH-M50.
I think my Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB sounds fairly good with headphones for something that only cost $40 (+ $15 for 16GB micro-SD)
I use to use the Fiio E6 with the Clip Zip, did not really hear an improvement over plugging my (32-Ohm) headphones straight into the Clip Zip.
I switched over to the Sony E465 16GB because my 48 year old eyes do better with the larger screen.
(plus I got a really good price on the used Sony E465, but in perfect condition).
If your headphone impedance is not very high, the reason to use an amp is because it has very low output impedance, which mitigates the effects of headphone impedance variation.
Going by that, the Clip+/Zip already has a <1 Ohm output impedance, so the internal amp is pretty capable.
Hence, unless you find the headphone isn't loud enough, or unless you already have a Fiio lying around, an amp with the Clip+/Zip is not really needed.
- Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 39 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › FLAC Ripper for MAC & PC 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . New... 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)