- 36 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's Last post on 1/26/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Amping Ath m50 Advice pls Last post on 12/2/12 at 5:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best BassHead Headphone <150$ ? Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Edited on 5/27/12
Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could do a set up something like my old rig. It's actually a pretty decent combo for the price.
Especially to get the most out of ATH-M50.
I think my Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB sounds fairly good with headphones for something that only cost $40 (+ $15 for 16GB micro-SD)
I use to use the Fiio E6 with the Clip Zip, did not really hear an improvement over plugging my (32-Ohm) headphones straight into the Clip Zip.
I switched over to the Sony E465 16GB because my 48 year old eyes do better with the larger screen.
(plus I got a really good price on the used Sony E465, but in perfect condition).
If your headphone impedance is not very high, the reason to use an amp is because it has very low output impedance, which mitigates the effects of headphone impedance variation.
Going by that, the Clip+/Zip already has a <1 Ohm output impedance, so the internal amp is pretty capable.
Hence, unless you find the headphone isn't loud enough, or unless you already have a Fiio lying around, an amp with the Clip+/Zip is not really needed.
- Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 3 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar ST AND STX Sound Cards for sale 23 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 25 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 56 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet 1 minute ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate... 2 minutes ago
- › USB and computer impurities impacting it's ability to be... 3 minutes ago
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe