- 46 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's Last post on 1/26/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could do a set up something like my old rig. It's actually a pretty decent combo for the price.
Especially to get the most out of ATH-M50.
I think my Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB sounds fairly good with headphones for something that only cost $40 (+ $15 for 16GB micro-SD)
I use to use the Fiio E6 with the Clip Zip, did not really hear an improvement over plugging my (32-Ohm) headphones straight into the Clip Zip.
I switched over to the Sony E465 16GB because my 48 year old eyes do better with the larger screen.
(plus I got a really good price on the used Sony E465, but in perfect condition).
If your headphone impedance is not very high, the reason to use an amp is because it has very low output impedance, which mitigates the effects of headphone impedance variation.
Going by that, the Clip+/Zip already has a <1 Ohm output impedance, so the internal amp is pretty capable.
Hence, unless you find the headphone isn't loud enough, or unless you already have a Fiio lying around, an amp with the Clip+/Zip is not really needed.
- Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 20 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 26 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 44 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 6 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 USA Tour Application thread 7 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2