- 46 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) Last post on 6/21/15 at 10:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's Last post on 1/26/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could do a set up something like my old rig. It's actually a pretty decent combo for the price.
Especially to get the most out of ATH-M50.
I think my Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB sounds fairly good with headphones for something that only cost $40 (+ $15 for 16GB micro-SD)
I use to use the Fiio E6 with the Clip Zip, did not really hear an improvement over plugging my (32-Ohm) headphones straight into the Clip Zip.
I switched over to the Sony E465 16GB because my 48 year old eyes do better with the larger screen.
(plus I got a really good price on the used Sony E465, but in perfect condition).
If your headphone impedance is not very high, the reason to use an amp is because it has very low output impedance, which mitigates the effects of headphone impedance variation.
Going by that, the Clip+/Zip already has a <1 Ohm output impedance, so the internal amp is pretty capable.
Hence, unless you find the headphone isn't loud enough, or unless you already have a Fiio lying around, an amp with the Clip+/Zip is not really needed.
- Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 1 minute ago
- › Predict the next Classic? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Replacement Cables 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Android DAP: Useful apps? 5 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)