- 42 Posts. Joined 8/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Blacktagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Samsung Galaxy 10.1 + Fiio E07k Andes???? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- help? Last post on 2/13/13 at 3:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) Last post on Today at 6:29 am in Portable Source Gear
- Portable amp under 50$ to drive my ath m 50's Last post on 1/26/13 at 9:13pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sony MDR-V6...Should I just quit while I'm ahead??? Last post on 12/8/12 at 3:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bose QC20/QC20i Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse potentially inflicted upon me, unlike those who received free...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could do a set up something like my old rig. It's actually a pretty decent combo for the price.
Especially to get the most out of ATH-M50.
I think my Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 4GB sounds fairly good with headphones for something that only cost $40 (+ $15 for 16GB micro-SD)
I use to use the Fiio E6 with the Clip Zip, did not really hear an improvement over plugging my (32-Ohm) headphones straight into the Clip Zip.
I switched over to the Sony E465 16GB because my 48 year old eyes do better with the larger screen.
(plus I got a really good price on the used Sony E465, but in perfect condition).
If your headphone impedance is not very high, the reason to use an amp is because it has very low output impedance, which mitigates the effects of headphone impedance variation.
Going by that, the Clip+/Zip already has a <1 Ohm output impedance, so the internal amp is pretty capable.
Hence, unless you find the headphone isn't loud enough, or unless you already have a Fiio lying around, an amp with the Clip+/Zip is not really needed.
- Amp plus samsa clip help
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 43 seconds ago
- › FiiO E18 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy my first pair of CIEMs, I'm drowning with all the... 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Astell & Kern AK120II with RWA mod 6 minutes ago
- › Amplifier for DT990 600ohm? 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)