New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ear Pads Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 363

I put some stock Fostex T20RP MKII earpads on my vintage DT990 - This really cranks up the bass.

It's not perfect, there does seem to be a peak/hump in the low-mid bass, but it's not horrible for most genres that would normally suffer if the hump was in the mid-high bass. 

It's actually a PERFECT fit, so if you want a darker sound and you've upgraded your Fostex to Shure 840 pads and have the stock pads spare, this might be one to try out. 

post #92 of 363

Just found this site.  I am always amazed at the knowledge and sharing of those posting.

 

I have old but still good sounding Sennheiser HD 480 headphones.  My ear pad related question is whether there is a circumaural type ear pad that will fit these supraaural headphones?  The current pads are somewhat uncomfortable after more than an hour or so, at least in part due to pressure on the reading glasses I now need when doing any computer work.  My thought is that softer pads that could be snapped in might make a difference.  I don't have the sewing skills to do anything like what I have seen some do on this site (very impressive, by the way).

 

I wrote Sennheiser USA but they simply pointed me back to the standard pads made for the 480.  

 

If this is a stupid idea, like it would ruin the sound, please say so.  


Edited by gnk1 - 9/27/13 at 3:22pm
post #93 of 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnk1 View Post

Just found this site.  I am always amazed at the knowledge and sharing of those posting.

I have old but still good sounding Sennheiser HD 480 headphones.  My ear pad related question is whether there is a circumaural type ear pad that will fit these supraaural headphones?  The current pads are somewhat uncomfortable after more than an hour or so, at least in part due to pressure on the reading glasses I now need when doing any computer work.  My thought is that softer pads that could be snapped in might make a difference.  I don't have the sewing skills to do anything like what I have seen some do on this site (very impressive, by the way).

I wrote Sennheiser USA but they simply pointed me back to the standard pads made for the 480.  

If this is a stupid idea, like it would ruin the sound, please say so.  

I just did a quick search and saw that the hd430 looks similar to yours but came with circum-aural type pads. Perhaps these would be a direct bolt-on? It's worth some research.

In addition, some pads from other manufacturers can be installed on many headphones. For example, the shure srh-840 and 750 pads are very versatile and inexpensive. 840 are larger and circum-aural. 750 are medium sized and circum-aural but just barely. I have medium -small ears. Shure pads can be found on Amazon.

Just measure the outside diameter of your headphone and look for a pad that will fit.

And keep in mind that installing any pad not meant for your headphone is a risk. Each pad will have it's own completely unique sound signature.
Edited by Punnisher - 9/27/13 at 7:28pm
post #94 of 363

Great suggestions for me to check into.  Thanks a lot!

post #95 of 363

So the ear pads on my XB700s are shot. I tried searching around and couldn't find anything. Anyone know where I could get some replacement ones or some new ones that fit and are very similar size wise? Thanks.

post #96 of 363

Hi guys,

I am desperately looking for a pair of 90mm diameter circular gel-style ear pads for my 700pro mk2. I found that the EDT 300GS from Beyerdynamic is a good fit but I can't find it anywhere that is still available.


Regards,
HC

post #97 of 363
I hear the M-50 pads are the way to go. Search for the 700MK2 subwoofer thread and you'll find what I'm talking about.
post #98 of 363
I know, but I want gel style ones. I heard that the gel-style ones for M50 are too rigid to be stretched to circular shape. ><<br /> Please let me know, basically only looking for gel pads.
Edited by SNSDluv - 10/22/13 at 7:18pm
post #99 of 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNSDluv View Post

I know, but I want gel style ones. I heard that the gel-style ones for M50 are too rigid to be stretched to circular shape. ><
Please let me know, basically only looking for gel pads.

As far as I know, the only place you can get them is directly from Beyerdynamic:

http://www.beyerdynamic-es.com/europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/ohrmuschelsatz.html

post #100 of 363

Actually, does anyone know the lifespan of those gel pads? Less than normal pads, longer?

post #101 of 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

Actually, does anyone know the lifespan of those gel pads? Less than normal pads, longer?
I am not sure about those...

But you put the Fostex pads on your DT990's, I have a pair of TR20P pads here and my god they are thin... Did you put anything under them or just use them flat?
post #102 of 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollDragon View Post

I am not sure about those...

But you put the Fostex pads on your DT990's, I have a pair of TR20P pads here and my god they are thin... Did you put anything under them or just use them flat?

I just put them on as they are. They don't seem so flat to me. 

At least not with my smaller than average ears. 

post #103 of 363

This may be a dumb question, but what would leather or leatherette ear pads do to an open headphone? Specifically the HD600. I'm assuming it would ruin the sound, but I'm not sure. 

 

Also, there are a set of J$ pads for sale in the classifieds, if anyone is interested.

post #104 of 363
The LCD 3's I have here are wide open with leather pads. The leather on them is so soft and plush I couldn't imagine anyone wanting a velour pad.

Reverse of what your asking but there are quite a few open headphones with leather pads. biggrin.gif
post #105 of 363

Hm. I think I'm going to try and DIY some leather pads then. I brought this up in the HD600 Appreciation Thread and was practically laughed at for asking.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: