I am looking for the most cost efficient amp for HE-500 that is not underpowered. Any suggestions?
Related Forum Threads
- Help me make my disision! Please help a wallet hungry hifier out! Last post on 6/20/12 at 1:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Can i expect a significant difference? Last post on 8/18/13 at 1:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice on which AKG combo? Last post on 3/29/13 at 8:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Amp-Dac combo for HD 600? Last post on 1/21/13 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audeze LCD 2 or Hifiman HE-500 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:00am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/14/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500post #1 of 1512/4/12 at 11:20amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1512/4/12 at 11:21ampost #3 of 1512/4/12 at 12:55pmpost #4 of 1512/4/12 at 4:02pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks. How funny. I hardly read any reviews. Just had a great gut feeling and already ordered one!post #5 of 1512/4/12 at 4:03pmThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Oh and what about DAC? :)post #6 of 1512/5/12 at 2:06ampost #7 of 1512/25/12 at 1:25ampost #8 of 1512/25/12 at 10:46amThread Starter
Unfortunately they have not arrived yet! They seem to be stuck in LA (final destination Finland). Not manufacturers problem but delivery company (USPS). Very irritating as I will on travels without the amp for the next month. Will do a write-up in this thread once I eventually get them.post #9 of 1512/25/12 at 12:57pmpost #10 of 1512/25/12 at 2:50pm
O2 and ODAC is probs the best COST EFFECTIVE combo, but I am curious about the new Schiits out... The HE-500 sounds fabulous with the EF-5, very mellow, midly warm, and awesome synergy. I like it the best together than any other Amp under $1000. I use a Calyx Coffee DAC. I don't exactly recommend high-end DACs as something like the ODAC and Calyx Coffee is more than enough while something like the Bifrost at something around $400~ doesn't really separate much from the price difference.post #11 of 1512/25/12 at 3:23pm
waiting your impression on Sunrise II?
anyway, NFB-15.32 is really a good deal for $260 for amp/dac. Powerful enough, almost 3 watt at ohm level of the HE-500. it drives it with ease. it improves soundstage a lot compared with ef-5, which i returned after 2 weeks of use. i like the optical input in NFB-15.32. it helps to use many headphone features out of my Xonar ST including dolby headphone without the use of the card's headphone jack.
Edited by nassq8 - 12/25/12 at 4:26pmpost #12 of 1512/25/12 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by nassq8
waiting your impression on Sunrise II?
anyway, NFB-15.32 is a really a good deal for $260 for amp/dac. Powerful enough, almost 3 watt at ohm level of the HE-500. it drives it with ease. it improves soundstage a lot compared with ef-5, which i returned after 2 weeks of use. i like the optical input in NFB-15.32. it helps to use many features out of my Xonar ST including dolby headphone.
Yes, I am taking about the Sunrise II. It's interesting to me because there is the option for DIY at only $200.post #13 of 1512/28/12 at 6:29pmpost #14 of 1512/29/12 at 2:56ampost #15 of 1512/31/12 at 9:13pm
Any final reviews? I just built and have been listening to my PSii for several days. I'm feeding it right off of a laptop soundcard, so I'd love to hear what you think of it with a DAC as well as which DAC you'd recommend.
- Cost efficient but not underpowered amp for HE-500
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 8 seconds ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Launches Essence III USB DAC/Preamp/Headamp 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphones under $100 Without an Amp? 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 LA/SoCal Regional Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a good soundcard or external DAC for under 100$ to... 4 minutes ago
- › EHHA Rev A - Interest Thread 4 minutes ago
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe