Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › E11 with L11 Problem
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E11 with L11 Problem

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hey guys I recently bought an Fiio E11 Amp to use with my ATH-m50's. I recieved it in the mail today, charged it up and used the Fiio L9 LOD to test it out and it worked great. I also purchased the Fiio L11 so I could listen while charging and decided to give it a try. 

 

However when I went to try charging the E11 Amp with the L11 LO+USB nothing would happen, it wouldn't charge. I'm just wondering if it's faulty or if I'm doing something wrong?

 

I plugged the L11  into my Iphone 4s. I then plugged one end of the mini USB into my E11 and the other into my computer. Finally I plugged one end of the 3.5 mm cord into the L11 and the other into my E11.

 

 
After all this it didn't work, could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something here?
 
Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated!
 
 
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire16 View Post

Hey guys I recently bought an Fiio E11 Amp to use with my ATH-m50's. I recieved it in the mail today, charged it up and used the Fiio L9 LOD to test it out and it worked great. I also purchased the Fiio L11 so I could listen while charging and decided to give it a try. 

 

However when I went to try charging the E11 Amp with the L11 LO+USB nothing would happen, it wouldn't charge. I'm just wondering if it's faulty or if I'm doing something wrong?

 

I plugged the L11  into my Iphone 4s. I then plugged one end of the mini USB into my E11 and the other into my computer. Finally I plugged one end of the 3.5 mm cord into the L11 and the other into my E11.

 

 
After all this it didn't work, could you tell me if I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something here?
 
Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated!
 
 

The L11 charges the iPod/iPhone/iPad, not the E11. Also, the E11 can not be used while charging. smily_headphones1.gif

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Ah thanks my misunderstanding. Although I just plugged the L11 into my iphone, plugged the mini usb from the l11 to my computer and it doesn't seem to be charging. Sorry if this is a stupid question, new to the whole amp thing! confused.gif

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire16 View Post

Ah thanks my misunderstanding. Although I just plugged the L11 into my iphone, plugged the mini usb from the l11 to my computer and it doesn't seem to be charging. Sorry if this is a stupid question, new to the whole amp thing! confused.gif

No worries. There's always more stuff to learn in this hobby.smile.gif

I've never used an L11 with an iPhone, but I have used one to charge an iPod Classic. Maybe the iPhone needs more juice than a basic USB port can deliver.....perhaps using a wall mount USB charger would work better.

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 

Gave it a try with the Apple wall charger as well and nothing!

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backfire16 View Post

Gave it a try with the Apple wall charger as well and nothing!

Well, I'm not sure what to tell you then. Hopefully someone else has an idea for you.

post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hopefully, thanks for the help anyways though, you cleared up the first issue for me biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › E11 with L11 Problem