This is my first post and I need to confess right away that I don’t have much of experience with headphones and all my listening is thru speakers. I now would like to explore the headphones option and looking to buy smth not expensive, preferably used. My amp will be Audiolab M-DAC (I use it strictly as DAC in my hi-fi system). As part of my search I got second hand offers for both HD 515 and HD 595, all in excellent condition, with former being much cheaper. How do those 2 models stand vs each other? How much do I lose/gain when selecting either of these options? I know they are old models, and would like to see if anyone had any direct experience with both of them. Aside from attractive price I like these two since they are over-ear with long cable and 6.3 jack. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Should I upgrade my Sennheiser HD515 to HD558? Last post on 8/12/12 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD595 or HD558 benefit from amp??? Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a Headphone/Headset (first post) Last post on 3/5/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the HD555 still 'alive and well' in Sennheiser's catalog? Last post on 3/5/11 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 558 / 598 cracking issue? (Or Recomend me some other Headphones) Last post on 1/16/13 at 11:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The difference between the HD515 and the HD595 are quite big. They are from the same model line, but one is the low-end model and the other is the high end one. They usually don't get compared since the HD515 are headphones which are rarely even mentioned.
I own a pair of HD515 (got them for free) and tbh apart from the nice soundstage it did not sound any better than my HD448 which i had for years.
The 515 is not recommended to buy since its the low end model. Pay the extra 50 or whatever the difference is and be happy for a few years. You will not regret the HD595.
- Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 17 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 17 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 46 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Silvaweld OTL Reference 200 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)