This is my first post and I need to confess right away that I don’t have much of experience with headphones and all my listening is thru speakers. I now would like to explore the headphones option and looking to buy smth not expensive, preferably used. My amp will be Audiolab M-DAC (I use it strictly as DAC in my hi-fi system). As part of my search I got second hand offers for both HD 515 and HD 595, all in excellent condition, with former being much cheaper. How do those 2 models stand vs each other? How much do I lose/gain when selecting either of these options? I know they are old models, and would like to see if anyone had any direct experience with both of them. Aside from attractive price I like these two since they are over-ear with long cable and 6.3 jack. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Should I upgrade my Sennheiser HD515 to HD558? Last post on 8/12/12 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD595 or HD558 benefit from amp??? Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a Headphone/Headset (first post) Last post on 3/5/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the HD555 still 'alive and well' in Sennheiser's catalog? Last post on 3/5/11 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Philips Fidelio L2 - review and comparison with (a lot of) other headphones Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:12am in Headphones (full-size)
I have owned the Ultrasone Pro 750 for approximately 6 years and to say that I am familiar with the sound of this particular headphone would be an immense understatement. As a highly experienced...
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The difference between the HD515 and the HD595 are quite big. They are from the same model line, but one is the low-end model and the other is the high end one. They usually don't get compared since the HD515 are headphones which are rarely even mentioned.
I own a pair of HD515 (got them for free) and tbh apart from the nice soundstage it did not sound any better than my HD448 which i had for years.
The 515 is not recommended to buy since its the low end model. Pay the extra 50 or whatever the difference is and be happy for a few years. You will not regret the HD595.
- Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › HM-901 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 7 minutes ago
- › Black Friday Deals for Audiophiles 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 12 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 12 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone PRO 750 by Peter Pinna
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)