This is my first post and I need to confess right away that I don’t have much of experience with headphones and all my listening is thru speakers. I now would like to explore the headphones option and looking to buy smth not expensive, preferably used. My amp will be Audiolab M-DAC (I use it strictly as DAC in my hi-fi system). As part of my search I got second hand offers for both HD 515 and HD 595, all in excellent condition, with former being much cheaper. How do those 2 models stand vs each other? How much do I lose/gain when selecting either of these options? I know they are old models, and would like to see if anyone had any direct experience with both of them. Aside from attractive price I like these two since they are over-ear with long cable and 6.3 jack. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Should I upgrade my Sennheiser HD515 to HD558? Last post on 8/12/12 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD595 or HD558 benefit from amp??? Last post on 3/8/11 at 3:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help me choose a Headphone/Headset (first post) Last post on 3/5/11 at 9:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the HD555 still 'alive and well' in Sennheiser's catalog? Last post on 3/5/11 at 8:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 555 headband replacement - will the one from HD 558 fit? Last post on 1/9/15 at 9:33am in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The difference between the HD515 and the HD595 are quite big. They are from the same model line, but one is the low-end model and the other is the high end one. They usually don't get compared since the HD515 are headphones which are rarely even mentioned.
I own a pair of HD515 (got them for free) and tbh apart from the nice soundstage it did not sound any better than my HD448 which i had for years.
The 515 is not recommended to buy since its the low end model. Pay the extra 50 or whatever the difference is and be happy for a few years. You will not regret the HD595.
I don't know how good is the price they give you, but you can also consider the HD558 (newest versions) for under $200 new. You can find good deals on 2nd hand pairs as well.
- Sennheiser HD 515 vs HD 595
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 40 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Cayin Audio is now on Head-FI 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 Amp Pairing 7 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2