Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best closed Headphones within $300- $450
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 - Page 2

post #16 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


And Jude said that he preferred 1R over Momentum and K550, go figure. rolleyes.gif These are just personal opinions, you should always try audition if possible.

This exactly. I can see the 1R being a great suggestion if their price drops in a few months. 

post #17 of 156

K550 is excellent assuming they fit your head well- as in they seal around your ears

post #18 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


And Jude said that he preferred 1R over Momentum and K550, go figure. rolleyes.gif These are just personal opinions, you should always try audition if possible.
Indeed! smily_headphones1.gif I will audition all headphones that I wanted to...one day...but just not today XD
post #19 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post


And Jude said that he preferred 1R over Momentum and K550, go figure. rolleyes.gif These are just personal opinions, you should always try audition if possible.
Indeed! smily_headphones1.gif I will audition all the headphones that I wanted to...one day...but just not today XD
post #20 of 156
Thread Starter 
If I'm wanting the best possible sound quality I can get within my budget, should I go open or closed.?

I don't mind the DT880 (I get the best of 2 worlds for it being semi-closed) but again unfortunately it does not have an detachable cable, which is surprising because its pretty standard now...however I'm liking the Sony MDR-1R.
Edited by Fluffy Muffinz - 12/8/12 at 7:59am
post #21 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

If I'm wanting the best possible sound quality I can get within my budget, should I go open or closed.?
I don't mind the DT880 (I get the best of 2 worlds for it being semi-closed) but again unfortunately it does not have an detachable cable, which is surprising because its pretty standard now...however I'm liking the Sony MDR-1R.


DT880 are more technically capable phones but signature is a bit off. The biggest problem is lifeless hollow midrange and spike in a treble. None of these are too bad but after prolonged listening gets annoying, you try to compensate for missing mids by bumping up volume but that makes treble unbearable, by the end of the day your ears are ringing.

MDS-1R with fuller, lush midrange are much more enjoyable.


Edited by Andrew_WOT - 12/8/12 at 8:32am
post #22 of 156
Thread Starter 

out of the AKG K702 and the AKG K550, which ones are better.? 

 

i love the look and the build quality of the 550's but as many would know they don't have a detachable cable :/ if only they did haha. 

post #23 of 156
You do have a good choice of buying He400 and now you need a portable amp or desktop amp. If within your budget you should try an used amp. But you want to stretch out little bit you will have a good combination. For portable amp I heard a JDS labs or Flio are good one and for a desktop amp a Schiit Lyr is best if you like a tube sound.
post #24 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by singleended58 View Post

You do have a good choice of buying He400 and now you need a portable amp or desktop amp. If within your budget you should try an used amp. But you want to stretch out little bit you will have a good combination. For portable amp I heard a JDS labs or Flio are good one and for a desktop amp a Schiit Lyr is best if you like a tube sound.

Hey man, 

 

Well Iv'e finally come to realization that a pair of open headphones is a bad choice, im more well off with a pair of closed or semi -closed. Mainly because im gonna be listening to music on the computer which is in the lounge room, plus my parents don't won't me to get open headphones because they don't want to hear everything im listening to.

 

im in the process in getting a traineeship so money won't be an issue once i get hooked up.

 

i don't know of many good closed headphones but im thinking of either a pair of AKG K702's or K550's with a FiiO E07K andes ( the amp may be an over kill but i just love the look of it) 

 

if you want to suggest some cans, im looking for a pair of headphones that are stylish, has a detachable cable and has a flat response. 

 

post #25 of 156

denon d2k, if you can get one now. or try their new products.

post #26 of 156

Sony MDR-Z1000. Closed, circumaural, detachable cable, rock solid build, wonderful comfort, and sound quality that rivals the best of the best. They are very musical, transparent, have amazing detail (seriously, you WILL hear nuances in your music that you never heard before) and are just incredibly fun to listen to. They have made it very difficult for me to listen to any other headphone and quite frankly, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Z1000.  You can find them for around $500. 

post #27 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmylife View Post

denon d2k, if you can get one now. or try their new products.


This, or D5k if you can find one. New Denons are quite bad comparing to old Fostex.

Don't really believe into "best" claims, it's all very personal and subjective when it comes to audio perception. Out of new offerings I personally like MDR-1R but my preferences gravitate toward rich mids and relaxed presentation, can't stand booming bass and aggressive treble (most of the times)

post #28 of 156

The k702 is an open can...

post #29 of 156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortex73 View Post

Sony MDR-Z1000. Closed, circumaural, detachable cable, rock solid build, wonderful comfort, and sound quality that rivals the best of the best. They are very musical, transparent, have amazing detail (seriously, you WILL hear nuances in your music that you never heard before) and are just incredibly fun to listen to. They have made it very difficult for me to listen to any other headphone and quite frankly, I don't trust anyone who doesn't like the Z1000.  You can find them for around $500. 

im liking the Sony MDR-Z1000, thank you for the suggestion. the only problem is that im not really confident in buying sony products only because there's always a 50/50 chance of getting a fake one online.

 

btw what's the sony flagship headphone.? is it the Sony MDR-1R.?

 

as for the Denon headphones.. it's really hard to get your hand on a pair, especially the 5000's. i can find a pair of Denon AHD-2000's for like $500, but that's pretty expensive. 

post #30 of 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz View Post

im liking the Sony MDR-Z1000, thank you for the suggestion. the only problem is that im not really confident in buying sony products only because there's always a 50/50 chance of getting a fake one online.

 

btw what's the sony flagship headphone.? is it the Sony MDR-1R.?

 

as for the Denon headphones.. it's really hard to get your hand on a pair, especially the 5000's. i can find a pair of Denon AHD-2000's for like $500, but that's pretty expensive. 


Buy from authorized dealers...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best closed Headphones within $300- $450