- 309 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: PA
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAiaiai TMA-1tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productAKG K167 Tiesto Closed-Back DJ Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K267tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver)tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productAudio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productAudio Technica W1000Xtagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productAudio Technica W5000tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productBeyerdynamic Custom Onestagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13More
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 12/10/12
- productDenon AH-D600tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productMrSpeakers Mad Dog (T50RP Mod)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSennheiser Amperior On-Ear Headphonestagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone Edition 8tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by Dylan Yamazaki, 1/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- List some headphones upto 500$ which dont require amp Last post on 12/26/12 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help (IDM/Ambient, Closed Back, Somewhat Portable,~300 budget) Last post on 1/9/13 at 8:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Searhing for fullsize closed allround headphones <500$ Last post on 12/9/12 at 9:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need some help upgrading from Beats Studios - $1000 budget Last post on 11/10/12 at 12:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help Please! I need to buy a headphone. Guidance wld be much appreciated Last post on 1/18/13 at 7:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Best closed Headphones within $300- $450 - Page 9post #121 of 1564/1/13 at 5:58amI wouldn't think you'll get international warranty unless it says so and if u like warranty the vmoda has the best one out of this group and yes I'm a vmoda m100 fan boy cuz I've tried most of the ones on your list
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1564/1/13 at 7:12ampost #123 of 1564/1/13 at 7:27amQuote:
I don't think MDR 1R has a v-shaped FR, I find it's midrange full,warm and colored,the sub bass is a little rolled off,and the highs are non emphasized,smooth and grain free.post #124 of 1564/1/13 at 7:52amQuote:
Hmmm, am I thinking about another headphone that I have heard? It was a long time ago, anyway. Listen to somebody else than mepost #125 of 1564/1/13 at 10:53amQuote:
Yep, more like upside down V.post #126 of 1564/1/13 at 4:15pmThread Starter
awh, that's a shame. im probably best to just get them for as cheap as i can in Australia, UNLESS people who are reading this knows of a good website selling these for a good price, hook a fiend up! :D
I haven't heard anyone's opinions on the D600's and if the D2000's are worth getting for $390? don't all go at once ;)
Are the MDR-1R's good for female vocals, i don't listen to allot of it but i occasionally like to listen to soundtracks, if anyone wants to know what i listen to, go back to the start. :)
I know that i am now starting to get into the viral Circle of destruction, but don't panic, i do like the MDR-1R's sound, maybe the bass could be a little tighter and from what iv'e read of the D2000's, they'd be good for the music i listen too, from that. is their a pair of headphones that complement the sound of the MDR-1R's and the Denon D2000's considering i like the sound of both.
P.S i could of described in precise detail what im looking for sound wise but if i did i'd be just confusing everyone, what im asking is their a pair of headphones that are just an upgraded MDR-1R that complement the sound of both headphones... lets see how this goes..post #127 of 1564/1/13 at 11:08pmpost #128 of 1564/2/13 at 10:52amQuote:
The only decent phones Ultrasone ever produced is their Signature line but they are way out of the OP budget.post #129 of 1564/2/13 at 9:50pmThread Starter
After talking to dweaver, who is really kind in helping me make my final deccission.
after a little one on one, i think we've narrowed it down to 2:
I don't really know what the differences are between the 1R and 7520, but if someone would be so kind in telling me which pair would be more suited to my taste in music and/or which ones are "better" it'd be much apprecaited.post #130 of 1564/4/13 at 3:02amThread Starter
After allot of research and months of procrastinating...I mean months!! I have finally came to a decision... I'm buying the Sony MDR-1R's!! :D
special thanks to KCxSmacker, MalVeauX and a_recording for help me out!! :D
In regards to amplification, im thinking of a buying the Fiio E07K :)
Edited by Fluffy Muffinz - 4/4/13 at 3:35ampost #131 of 1564/4/13 at 6:21amQuote:I cannot find momentum cheaper than $349 anywhere. Could you send me a link to where you bought yours? Im in the U.S.Originally Posted by StyleElements
No worries. The Momentums, though expensive for sure, can be found for much cheaper on sale. I managed to get mine for $300 from JB earlier. I'd order them off the 'net or from overseas from an authorised dealer where possible. The MSRP overseas is closer to $350, and in Australia it's 399 AUD from the Apple Store. I'd go overseas/online on them, Sennheiser's warranty is international.
I think (I don't really know amps) all cans benefit from amplification, but some, usually designed for portable use or as consumer headphones, don't require an amp to sound great. M-100 and Momentum fall into this category.post #132 of 1564/4/13 at 10:19ampost #133 of 1564/5/13 at 2:25amThread StarterQuote:
On amazon you can get the Sennheiser Momentum's in either black or brown with a Fiio E07K+ L3 Dock connector for $399 (usually $489) which is a good deal if you're also looking into getting an amp :)
Black:post #134 of 1564/5/13 at 5:04amQuote:It was 50 dollars cheaper than he rose the priceOriginally Posted by Fluffy Muffinz
On amazon you can get the Sennheiser Momentum's in either black or brown with a Fiio E07K+ L3 Dock connector for $399 (usually $489) which is a good deal if you're also looking into getting an amp
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Headphones-Headphone-Connector/dp/B00BVTYA7S/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1365153638&sr=8-18&keywords=Fiio+E07Kpost #135 of 1564/11/13 at 10:44pmThread Starter
i know i have closed this forum but i wanted to let you know that the Sony MDR-1R's i have ordered, arrived today. they sound really good. their soo comfortable, its ridiculous. Comfort wise comparing to the my brother M50's, the M50 are a little heavier and quite tighter on my head and im not able to listen to the for a long amount of time. The ear cups are noticeably harder than the 1R's, the 1R's feels like you resting for ears on a set pillows.
sound wise i don't really have the expertise to be able to compare however the only way i can explain it is that the 1R's are more open than the M50's and that's probably becasue of the angled. drivers. bass wise, after listening to Daft Punk- Random Access Memories on repeat, the 1R's appears to me, to be more tight and have more impact than the M50's, however at times the bass can be a bit a bi too much to my ears.
unfortunately theirs a nasty scuff mark on my 1R's right ear cup, thankfully the seller is more than welcome to replace them fro me. i bought them for $247 at a Sony Clearance Store in Brisbane.
amp wise, i bought the Fiio E07K, i think it improves the MDR-1R's all around, their isn't a huge difference however it's substantial.
Edited by Fluffy Muffinz - 4/11/13 at 11:17pm
- Best closed Headphones within $300- $450
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › NEW AKM DACs. Anyone have any experience with these new "flagship"... 5 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 11 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 12 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)