Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Any inexpensive headphone amps that connect via USB?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any inexpensive headphone amps that connect via USB?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Due to a broken headphone jack I need an amp that can connect via USB, if even possible. Even more beneficial would be if it could also do 3.5mm. My price range doesn't really exceed $50.

post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTowers View Post

Due to a broken headphone jack I need an amp that can connect via USB, if even possible. Even more beneficial would be if it could also do 3.5mm. My price range doesn't really exceed $50.

Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Headphone amp. $44.99 (sorry, no 3.5mm analog input)

http://www.adorama.com/FIE10.html

 

Fiio E7 DAC & headphone amp, comes with USB (digital) and 3.5mm (analog) input connections, $61.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B003N0XDT4

post #3 of 7

To plug into USB means the unit must have both a DAC and a headphone amp.

 

The only combo DAC/Amp that  I can think of in that price range is the FiiO E7.  

Just a nudge over $60 I believe.

post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatmap View Post

To plug into USB means the unit must have both a DAC and a headphone amp.

 

The only combo DAC/Amp that  I can think of in that price range is the FiiO E7.  

Just a nudge over $60 I believe.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Fiio E10 USB-DAC-Headphone amp. $44.99 (sorry, no 3.5mm analog input)

http://www.adorama.com/FIE10.html

 

Fiio E7 DAC & headphone amp, comes with USB (digital) and 3.5mm (analog) input connections, $61.

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B003N0XDT4

Fiio E7 definitely seems like my best bet. Do you guys think it would be sufficient for a pair of Senn 600s?

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonTowers View Post

Fiio E7 definitely seems like my best bet. Do you guys think it would be sufficient for a pair of Senn 600s?

Technically they should drive them, close to the max volume of the E7,

but I believe the Sennheiser HD600 would use a more powerful amplifier to sound their best.

post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Technically they should drive them, close to the max volume of the E7,

but I believe the Sennheiser HD600 would use a more powerful amplifier to sound their best.

Any recommendations, again, that come with a DAC and are relatively inexpensive? 

post #7 of 7

Since you're out of commission at this point, I suspect the E7 is the best

bet to get your rig back in action.  Not aware of anything else in this price

range.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Any inexpensive headphone amps that connect via USB?