Basically I want to get a good pair of headphones that I will be using with my smartphone(nokia lumia 920) and want a good pair for my laptop too(Lenovo yogapad). I like to listen to electronic music but not always, and want to know what would be the better buy. I have been researching during the last week and think that these may be the headphones that I will buy. From what I read the M50S is really popular but the soundmagic apparently had better sound and are underrated. So any advice for these headphones or any other will be good. I have only had 20$ earphones that I kept lost that most of the time were uncomfortable. Now I want comfortable headphones. Any advice appreciated.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 12/10/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- m50 /srh840/ k24x/ ??? again (coming from dt770 pro 80 / sr80) Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable amp? Last post on 9/20/13 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- I'm totally lost.... or maybe too hard to please or maybe a basshead? Sennheiser hd212 ->... Last post on 9/6/12 at 11:47am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Major n00b! Please Help! Audio Technicas M50S or Soundmagic HP100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure about running the HP100s unamped (I've heard it's wise to amp them, and did so when I owned them), but compared to the M50s (which I owned twice, and found underwhelming/boring), I was blown away by the HP100s. They are extremely clean and clear, and darn near neutral, but vocals are slightly forward in a very enjoyable way. Neither has extreme bass, though, so you might look elsewhere if that's an important criterion for you (DT 770 Pro-80?). IIRC, comfort is about equal for both. I think the HP100s are more comfortable initially. As far as value, since the M50s can be found for about half the price of the HP100s, I think that's appropriate, since the M50s didn't really do anything for me, but I was very impressed by the HP100s.
First of all, you need to calm yourself down. Bumping is done on a 24h period, not less.
Now, considering you listen mainly to EDM but also to different genres that would benefit from a balanced sound, I'd recommend getting the Ultrasone HFI-780, balanced and with more clarity than either headphones you listed.
I am very sorry. I am being a bit ancy because I am used to other forums where you get replies in around 10-15 minutes. I will be traveling soon and this is why I am ancy. Ultrasone HFI-780 are these headphones good unamped? Thanks a lot though. I appreciate the help.
The HFI-780 do sound good straight from the source, but they do improve with additional amplification.
well from hearing the improved results looks like i will have to. But for the times would I am home an amp could be plausible. I have not done any research in amps. So the 780's are going to better than my choices? well than i am gonna start looking on amazon see what the best price will be. thanks a lot
Yes, it will.
You can get a portable amp, like a PA2V2 or a Fiio E11, that can be used while on the go as well as at home. Do keep in mind that while both amps cost around the same, the PA2V2 has better driving capability than the E11, its batteries lasts around 100 hours and can be used while charging. The E11's battery lasts around 10 hours and can't be used while charging. The E11's only point in favor over the PA2V2 is the form factor, and this is a debatable point.
these are the right ones right? my only worry at this point is the comfort. How comfortable are these because is important.
- Major n00b! Please Help! Audio Technicas M50S or Soundmagic HP100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC 38 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 Quick Review 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 5 minutes ago
- › Hello to all of you....just watch it 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi