Basically I want to get a good pair of headphones that I will be using with my smartphone(nokia lumia 920) and want a good pair for my laptop too(Lenovo yogapad). I like to listen to electronic music but not always, and want to know what would be the better buy. I have been researching during the last week and think that these may be the headphones that I will buy. From what I read the M50S is really popular but the soundmagic apparently had better sound and are underrated. So any advice for these headphones or any other will be good. I have only had 20$ earphones that I kept lost that most of the time were uncomfortable. Now I want comfortable headphones. Any advice appreciated.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 12/10/12
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/10/12
- productSwan M50Wtagged by System, 3/1/13
- productUltrasone HFI-780tagged by System, 12/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone AMP n00b Looking for Help-First Time Headphone Amp Purchaser Last post on 12/13/13 at 10:32pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- m50 /srh840/ k24x/ ??? again (coming from dt770 pro 80 / sr80) Last post on 9/27/13 at 2:59pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best portable amp? Last post on 9/20/13 at 6:37pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for a "dark" portable amp for my DT770 Pro/250 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:54pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Major n00b! Please Help! Audio Technicas M50S or Soundmagic HP100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Not sure about running the HP100s unamped (I've heard it's wise to amp them, and did so when I owned them), but compared to the M50s (which I owned twice, and found underwhelming/boring), I was blown away by the HP100s. They are extremely clean and clear, and darn near neutral, but vocals are slightly forward in a very enjoyable way. Neither has extreme bass, though, so you might look elsewhere if that's an important criterion for you (DT 770 Pro-80?). IIRC, comfort is about equal for both. I think the HP100s are more comfortable initially. As far as value, since the M50s can be found for about half the price of the HP100s, I think that's appropriate, since the M50s didn't really do anything for me, but I was very impressed by the HP100s.
First of all, you need to calm yourself down. Bumping is done on a 24h period, not less.
Now, considering you listen mainly to EDM but also to different genres that would benefit from a balanced sound, I'd recommend getting the Ultrasone HFI-780, balanced and with more clarity than either headphones you listed.
I am very sorry. I am being a bit ancy because I am used to other forums where you get replies in around 10-15 minutes. I will be traveling soon and this is why I am ancy. Ultrasone HFI-780 are these headphones good unamped? Thanks a lot though. I appreciate the help.
The HFI-780 do sound good straight from the source, but they do improve with additional amplification.
well from hearing the improved results looks like i will have to. But for the times would I am home an amp could be plausible. I have not done any research in amps. So the 780's are going to better than my choices? well than i am gonna start looking on amazon see what the best price will be. thanks a lot
Yes, it will.
You can get a portable amp, like a PA2V2 or a Fiio E11, that can be used while on the go as well as at home. Do keep in mind that while both amps cost around the same, the PA2V2 has better driving capability than the E11, its batteries lasts around 100 hours and can be used while charging. The E11's battery lasts around 10 hours and can't be used while charging. The E11's only point in favor over the PA2V2 is the form factor, and this is a debatable point.
these are the right ones right? my only worry at this point is the comfort. How comfortable are these because is important.
- Major n00b! Please Help! Audio Technicas M50S or Soundmagic HP100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 21 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 1 minute ago
- › Best noise isolating AND cancelling headphones? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5C and 5S: audio output 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones Recommendation for College Student 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob