Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › In ear headphones vs around ear head phones. Which has better bass?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In ear headphones vs around ear head phones. Which has better bass? - Page 2

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I don't like the JVC treble, sounds like screeching banshee's. Get them and find out. wink.gifdevil_face.gif

I've listened to both of them and can confirm this, the JVC's treble is extremely harsh at high volume levels. At lower volume levels it isnt too bad, but it's still there.

 

I feel as if the Phillips isn't bassy enough for a "basshead" earbud IMO. It does have great low frequency extension and quantity, but doesn't have enough impact. I do feel It's SQ is the best had for under $10 though. 

post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

I don't like the JVC treble, sounds like screeching banshee's. Get them and find out. wink.gifdevil_face.gif
Yeah I did hear the highs on the JVCs were horrible. Do the 2 IEMs that you listed above still have as much good tight subwoofer bass as the JVCs? And also of the 2 listed above which one would you recomend and why?
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowruse View Post

Yeah I did hear the highs on the JVCs were horrible. Do the 2 IEMs that you listed above still have as much good tight subwoofer bass as the JVCs? And also of the 2 listed above which one would you recomend and why?

The CK-700 would be my choice, I know it's only $6.50 something, but after 24 hours burn they sound really good, when you first get them they sound really stiff, but you need that 24 hours break in. I've had two pairs and both reacted the same. Better than SHE3580 imo and certainly more bass. CK-700 have punchy low end which works well on a flat set player, good sub-bass. it won't be as muddy like FX101. But don't let the price tag fool you. They come in a box with a selection of tips and really do sound about $40 worth of IEM.

They're very mysterious but I totally recommend them. Free shipping $6.50. lol tongue.gif I'm serious!

http://www.focalprice.com/EP771W/index.html

Damn for that price you could buy both.
Edited by H20Fidelity - 12/4/12 at 8:50pm
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

The CK-700 would be my choice, I know it's only $6.50 something, but after 24 hours burn they sound really good, when you first get them they sound really stiff, but you need that 24 hours break in. I've had two pairs and both reacted the same. Better than SHE3580 imo and certainly more bass. CK-700 have punchy low end which works well on a flat set player, good sub-bass. it won't be as muddy like FX101. But don't let the price tag fool you. They come in a box with a selection of tips and really do sound about $40 worth of IEM.
They're very mysterious but I totally recommend them. Free shipping $6.50. lol tongue.gif I'm serious!
http://www.focalprice.com/EP771W/index.html
Damn for that price you could buy both.
Than you so much for taking the time to help me! And damn your right... 7 bucks is pocket change. Ill defiantly give them a try. Do you think they would have as much bass as the Sony XB500s? And would they be good for dubstep?
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowruse View Post

Than you so much for taking the time to help me! And damn your right... 7 bucks is pocket change. Ill defiantly give them a try. Do you think they would have as much bass as the Sony XB500s? And would they be good for dubstep?

You're welcome.

They'll be really good for dubstep one of my main genre's. There won't be as much bass as XB500 which I've also owned but for an IEM it's getting up there for sure. I rate them not far below Hippo VB and there was a stage I was happy enough with CK-700 I sold my VB because I didn't feel they were that much better.

If you want more bass than XB500 from an in ear Hippo VB for $79 from Jaben Audio will come close though XB500 are really pushing mid-bass regions heavily, whereas VB concentrate on low, deep sub-bass. But yeah truly give those CK-700 a try you should be pretty impressed. You'll laugh how much you paid when you hear them (make sure you give them that 24 hours break in I mentioned)

It's a different concept working with Headphones and IEM's for bass results, bigger drivers of headphones accomplish such tasks much easier especially without effecting the mids and highs so much (bass bleed)

Goodluck!
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

You're welcome.
They'll be really good for dubstep one of my main genre's. There won't be as much bass as XB500 which I've also owned but for an IEM it's getting up there for sure. I rate them not far below Hippo VB and there was a stage I was happy enough with CK-700 I sold my VB because I didn't feel they were that much better.
If you want more bass than XB500 from an in ear Hippo VB for $79 from Jaben Audio will come close though XB500 are really pushing mid-bass regions heavily, whereas VB concentrate on low, deep sub-bass. But yeah truly give those CK-700 a try you should be pretty impressed. You'll laugh how much you paid when you hear them (make sure you give them that 24 hours break in I mentioned)
It's a different concept working with Headphones and IEM's for bass results, bigger drivers of headphones accomplish such tasks much easier especially without effecting the mids and highs so much (bass bleed)
Goodluck!
So basically your saying that I'm going to have to pay a lot for an IEM that would compete with the bass of the XB500s but that you can't go wrong with the CK-700s? And just out of curiosity, do you just burn your stuff in using music or do you use pink noise and white noise? Once again thanks! Headfier is such a great website. I mean I took a survey and said the one thing they really needed was a mobile site and about 2 weeks later they have it! You just don't see this type if community online anymore.
post #22 of 22
Yep exactly.

Just set them up on your ipod at 3/4 volume playing some dubstep, 12-24 hours should be enough. They really need that time though because out of the box there's something wrong. biggrin.gif It corrects itself over a few hours. Both pairs were exactly the same.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › In ear headphones vs around ear head phones. Which has better bass?