I need an upgrade from the fiio e9 for hifiman he400 and 650's which amp would pair well with them + the DACport LX
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/7/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/7/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic A1tagged by System, 12/7/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/7/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new cans, leaning towards HD650's. Would a fiio e7/e9 combo adequately power them? Last post on 12/7/12 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need recommendation for a Headphone + Amp Combo Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 and HE-400 Last post on 3/11/13 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Use full-size headphone amp with iPhone? Last post on 1/18/13 at 2:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Where to go from PC360s Last post on 12/25/12 at 7:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or JDS labs o2, or Schiit asgard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was really enticed by the maverick gear (reasonable price for tubes and a nice look), and the JDS labs gear is well regarded, but I think the Asgard is probably the best choice. Lots of people really like them and I've read plenty of threads were people are using them with the he400 and the 650. And if you didn't like it, you'd probably get a pretty good resale price out of it too.
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or JDS labs o2, or Schiit asgard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Edition 46 seconds ago
- › Nad D Range 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3