I need an upgrade from the fiio e9 for hifiman he400 and 650's which amp would pair well with them + the DACport LX
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/7/12
- productJDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/7/12
- productMaverick Audio TubeMagic A1tagged by System, 12/7/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/7/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 12/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new cans, leaning towards HD650's. Would a fiio e7/e9 combo adequately power them? Last post on 12/7/12 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- I need recommendation for a Headphone + Amp Combo Last post on 3/26/13 at 1:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 and HE-400 Last post on 3/11/13 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Use full-size headphone amp with iPhone? Last post on 1/18/13 at 2:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Where to go from PC360s Last post on 12/25/12 at 7:01am in Headphones (full-size)
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or JDS labs o2, or Schiit asgard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was really enticed by the maverick gear (reasonable price for tubes and a nice look), and the JDS labs gear is well regarded, but I think the Asgard is probably the best choice. Lots of people really like them and I've read plenty of threads were people are using them with the he400 and the 650. And if you didn't like it, you'd probably get a pretty good resale price out of it too.
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or JDS labs o2, or Schiit asgard.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › TH900 rattle in the right channel. 1 minute ago
- › Open-back headphones for FPS gaming ($200-300) 1 minute ago
- › Closed-back equivalents of DT990? 2 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Custom Art's Flagship - Harmony 8 and 8pro CIEM - discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3