Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Noontec Zoro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noontec Zoro

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

I've been looking for some stylish, efficient, portable headphones and I found Noontec Zoro, which has been widely praised in comparisons with Beats by Dr Dre. I'm really interested in buying them, but there's not much about the bass. Does anyone know if the bass is good enough for dubstep, electronic and pop music? 

post #2 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIM816 View Post

I've been looking for some stylish, efficient, portable headphones and I found Noontec Zoro, which has been widely praised in comparisons with Beats by Dr Dre. I'm really interested in buying them, but there's not much about the bass. Does anyone know if the bass is good enough for dubstep, electronic and pop music? 

personally it depends on what you listen to, i currently own the noontecs and i found them to be superb in many genres of music. It also depends on what you mean by bass too. i found the mid- bass to be thumping just enough, and i found them to extend pretty far down. Will it rumble your heart or ears? No, but personally i found the bass to be well defined and crisp. unlike the beats solos, which sound muddy and congested and compensates by exaggerating the bass a lot.

 

BTW what i noted above is before altering the eq on my iphone. with bass boost its perfect for your purposes. (more towards electronic and dubstep) i found the bass to be enough for pop music without the eq change

post #3 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIM816 View Post

I've been looking for some stylish, efficient, portable headphones and I found Noontec Zoro, which has been widely praised in comparisons with Beats by Dr Dre. I'm really interested in buying them, but there's not much about the bass. Does anyone know if the bass is good enough for dubstep, electronic and pop music? 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

personally it depends on what you listen to, i currently own the noontecs and i found them to be superb in many genres of music. It also depends on what you mean by bass too. i found the mid- bass to be thumping just enough, and i found them to extend pretty far down. Will it rumble your heart or ears? No, but personally i found the bass to be well defined and crisp. unlike the beats solos, which sound muddy and congested and compensates by exaggerating the bass a lot.

 

BTW what i noted above is before altering the eq on my iphone. with bass boost its perfect for your purposes. (more towards electronic and dubstep) i found the bass to be enough for pop music without the eq change

drop me a message if you need anything else

post #4 of 21

Hi Tom22. I am very new here in Head-fi and not sure if this would be the appropriate thread. I wanted to ask if you have had a chance to compare the Zoro against Philip's Downtown? The Downtowns are being sold here in Canada for CAD 39.99 only which I think is a steal. However, I've read from Inner-fidelity and Cnet that the Zoro's are amazing and offers great value. Thanks

post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi View Post

Hi Tom22. I am very new here in Head-fi and not sure if this would be the appropriate thread. I wanted to ask if you have had a chance to compare the Zoro against Philip's Downtown? The Downtowns are being sold here in Canada for CAD 39.99 only which I think is a steal. However, I've read from Inner-fidelity and Cnet that the Zoro's are amazing and offers great value. Thanks

i'm from toronto canada, and i see it for that cheap. Honestly i have not tried the downtowns, but i have searched all over the internet to see where i can find it for under 50. If i didn't buy the noontecs i would most certainly buy the downtowns, even right now honestly i want to go to my local winners and grab it. 

 

however that said, my noontec zoros wire looks to be same build as the downtowns ( the flat thin cable) and after constant detaching (getting hooked on doors and stuff) from the headphone the cable finally gave out after 2 months. 

 

If i were you i would be careful with the wire on the downtowns. because its not detactable and all. 

 

i heard the comfort is fantastic on downtowns. If you do get it lemme know your thoughts. (if your in toronto i wouldn't mind meeting up with you to exchange the headphones for a short listening session)

 

but sonically even innerfidelity continues to praise the noontecs, but if your a student just getting into music or is in a noisy environment like (subway, busy office) i think you would benfit from the downtowns. ( the noontecs as stated before don't isolate well, and their loud too (very efficent off portable players) so if your using in those situations the superior sound quality wont matter IMHO. 

post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

i'm from toronto canada, and i see it for that cheap. Honestly i have not tried the downtowns, but i have searched all over the internet to see where i can find it for under 50. If i didn't buy the noontecs i would most certainly buy the downtowns, even right now honestly i want to go to my local winners and grab it. 

 

however that said, my noontec zoros wire looks to be same build as the downtowns ( the flat thin cable) and after constant detaching (getting hooked on doors and stuff) from the headphone the cable finally gave out after 2 months. 

 

If i were you i would be careful with the wire on the downtowns. because its not detactable and all. 

 

i heard the comfort is fantastic on downtowns. If you do get it lemme know your thoughts. (if your in toronto i wouldn't mind meeting up with you to exchange the headphones for a short listening session)

 

but sonically even innerfidelity continues to praise the noontecs, but if your a student just getting into music or is in a noisy environment like (subway, busy office) i think you would benfit from the downtowns. ( the noontecs as stated before don't isolate well, and their loud too (very efficent off portable players) so if your using in those situations the superior sound quality wont matter IMHO. 

i actually found the downtowns at my local winners 3 months after i bought the noontecs after searchign everywhere online on the cheapest prices to ship to canada

post #7 of 21

Hi. Too bad I am from Halifax, NS. I am actually new into this headphone thing because of my kids. They're very much into Beats and found out that there is a great alternative to it (cost and sonics) i.e. Noontec Zoro. I was lucky enough to find it pre-owned here in Head-Fi for USD 50. It's on its way and should arrive in a weeks time.

 

My wife got the Downtown at Winner's last week. I must say that the headphone is very capable, comfortable and most importantly affordable. It seals off outside noise quite well even compared to my Uptowns. The Downtown has a more crisp mid but a bit forward sounding as compared to the Uptown. I am not audiophile so not sure if I am describing it properly. The Uptown has a much better soundstage though. It's airy in that sense and I can listen to it much longer than the Downtown. I wonder how it will compare against the Zoro's. You're right, I heard that the Zoro does not isolate that well. This is be used primarily by my son around the house anyway.

 

Oh failed to mention that the Downtown is much easier to drive than the Uptown.

 

Cheers!

post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi View Post

Hi. Too bad I am from Halifax, NS. I am actually new into this headphone thing because of my kids. They're very much into Beats and found out that there is a great alternative to it (cost and sonics) i.e. Noontec Zoro. I was lucky enough to find it pre-owned here in Head-Fi for USD 50. It's on its way and should arrive in a weeks time.

 

My wife got the Downtown at Winner's last week. I must say that the headphone is very capable, comfortable and most importantly affordable. It seals off outside noise quite well even compared to my Uptowns. The Downtown has a more crisp mid but a bit forward sounding as compared to the Uptown. I am not audiophile so not sure if I am describing it properly. The Uptown has a much better soundstage though. It's airy in that sense and I can listen to it much longer than the Downtown. I wonder how it will compare against the Zoro's. You're right, I heard that the Zoro does not isolate that well. This is be used primarily by my son around the house anyway.

 

Oh failed to mention that the Downtown is much easier to drive than the Uptown.

 

Cheers!

do you think you could post your thoughts of comparing the noontec zoros and the downtowns when they arrive? like i said i really dislike the lack of isolation for hte noontecs. However it looks great to me and its perfect otherwise, but its hard to wear it outside when it doesn't isolate. 

post #9 of 21

Sure thing. I reckon that it should arrive Tues next. Admittedly, I am excited to compare the two as well.

post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi View Post

Sure thing. I reckon that it should arrive Tues next. Admittedly, I am excited to compare the two as well.

great thanks the only other thing that worries me is the cable, if the cable can be modded to make it removable like the audio technias sold on soundprofessionals, honestly i see no reason NOT to get it!

heres the link 

 

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50-R-SPECIAL

 

theres also some threads here on head fi with people doing the mod themselves.

 

 

my noontec cable broke on me after 2 months sound just doesn't play anymore i'm using the vmoda cable right now but personally i preferr the beats cable because it tangles less 

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

do you think you could post your thoughts of comparing the noontec zoros and the downtowns when they arrive? like i said i really dislike the lack of isolation for hte noontecs. However it looks great to me and its perfect otherwise, but its hard to wear it outside when it doesn't isolate. 

Finally got my Zoro smily_headphones1.gif. I find the Zoro's lacking in isolation compared to the Downtowns. However, I prefer the Zoro's clarity and balance. It has a very neutral sound, which I love. The downtown has better bass though. That said, the Downtown offers a good value at CAD 40. If you can find the brown one at Winner's, I recall they were going for CAD 35 only. I also think the brown one looks better. Don't know why the gray one commands a premium. The only downside is it does not have a detachable cable but sound wise, its a very capable phone given its isolation, styling and more importantly, audio quality.

post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom22 View Post

great thanks the only other thing that worries me is the cable, if the cable can be modded to make it removable like the audio technias sold on soundprofessionals, honestly i see no reason NOT to get it!

heres the link 

 

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/ATH-M50-R-SPECIAL

 

theres also some threads here on head fi with people doing the mod themselves.

 

 

my noontec cable broke on me after 2 months sound just doesn't play anymore i'm using the vmoda cable right now but personally i preferr the beats cable because it tangles less 

By the way, where did you get your Vmoda cable and how much did it cost including tariffs/taxes and shipping? Thanks

post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi View Post

By the way, where did you get your Vmoda cable and how much did it cost including tariffs/taxes and shipping? Thanks

http://v-moda.com/accessories/

post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron94 View Post

http://v-moda.com/accessories/

Thanks for the link, Aaron94.

post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneristi View Post

Thanks for the link, Aaron94.

 it costed 20$ personally i think is a good quality cable, but unlike the monster ones it tangles and imo i think the remote is too far down.. its a bit weird in that way but u don't have to worry about its durability

 

and its jack is 45 degrees so it takes a lot of stress away.... my cables holding up strong after almost 3 months so far 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Noontec Zoro