Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

post #1 of 38
Thread Starter 
Hi everybody! I'm new, i joined to ask you some help (i saw you are really great about headphones).
I'd like to buy a pair of headphones and i'm undecided if take the Bose AE2 or the V-moda m80.
I listen to every kind of music: rap, rock, hard rock, jazz, pop... i like bass but i would like to have also good mids and highs, i would use them both at home (by pc) but also out, in city (by spartphome. It's samsung, are there any problems? I read that some headphones are made for iDevices), and finally I would them to be comfortable.
My budget is maximum 160-180€
So, which would be best?
obviously if you want to suggest other headphones, they would be great accepted!
Thank you very much!
p.s. sorry for my bad english
post #2 of 38

For sound, definitely the M-80.  AE2 will be much more comfortable, but honestly sound flat and lifeless next to the M-80.  Comfort on the M-80 can take some getting used to though, but if you live with it for a few weeks they'll form to your ears better and will get more comfortable over time.

post #3 of 38

Bose gets bashed a lot around here.

 

But I think it's mainly because they claim to be the ultimate hi-fi whilst they are certainly not, and the price / quality ratio is not very good.

 

I've heard the AE2 and while they don't sound like crap, they just aren't anything special. They are also very comfortable, but the padding feels weak, durability doesn't seem like their strong point.

 

Haven't heard the M80's but from what I've read, they seem to be a lot more fun and engaging.


Edited by Elektrospeed - 12/2/12 at 12:01am
post #4 of 38
Thread Starter 

R: Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

For sound, definitely the M-80.  AE2 will be much more comfortable, but honestly sound flat and lifeless next to the M-80.  Comfort on the M-80 can take some getting used to though, but if you live with it for a few weeks they'll form to your ears better and will get more comfortable over time.

So finally m80?
to become comfortable i just have to use them for some time?
i wear glasses, could it be a problem?

Inviato e basta.
post #5 of 38
Thread Starter 

Another question:

the m-80 ar on ear or around hear??

post #6 of 38

M80 is on ear.

 

If you want around ear and want to keep the V-moda look, then you should look for the Crossfade LP's, but I don't know if they finally solved the durabilty issues with the earcups breaking off from the hinges.

post #7 of 38
Thread Starter 

R: Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrospeed View Post

M80 is on ear.

 

If you want around ear and want to keep the V-moda look, then you should look for the Crossfade LP's, but I don't know if they finally solved the durabilty issues with the earcups breaking off from the hinges.

ok i'll look for them...
I also looked that here v-moda costs a lot... frown.gif
if i couldn't find them or crossfade at a good price, have you got another headphones to suggest?

Inviato e basta.
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrospeed View Post

Bose gets bashed a lot around here.

 

But I think it's mainly because they claim to be the ultimate hi-fi whilst they are certainly not, and the price / quality ratio is not very good.

 

I've heard the AE2 and while they don't sound like crap, they just aren't anything special. They are also very comfortable, but the padding feels weak, durability doesn't seem like their strong point.

 

Haven't heard the M80's but from what I've read, they seem to be a lot more fun and engaging.

I honestly think the AE1 sounds better than the AE2, and I don't like how the AE2 sounds at all. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietrone94 View Post


So finally m80?
to become comfortable i just have to use them for some time?
i wear glasses, could it be a problem?
Inviato e basta.

Glasses shouldn't be a huge issue...well, I don't think so anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektrospeed View Post

M80 is on ear.

 

If you want around ear and want to keep the V-moda look, then you should look for the Crossfade LP's, but I don't know if they finally solved the durabilty issues with the earcups breaking off from the hinges.

I haven't heard of the earcups actually breaking off the hinges before, but they do pop out as a sort of strain relief to prevent it from actually breaking.

post #9 of 38
Thread Starter 

Thank you!! so m-90 is only on-ear?? :(
if i want around-ear i take the LP2 (I found only LP2)...the sound quality is as good as well??

also the comfort??

Thanks again!

post #10 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietrone94 View Post

Thank you!! so m-90 is only on-ear?? :(
if i want around-ear i take the LP2 (I found only LP2)...the sound quality is as good as well??

also the comfort??

Thanks again!

That's debatable.  For me, the comfort of the M-100s (basically a higher end version of the LP2, closer to the M-80) is actually less than the M-80 because my ears hit up against the driver grille.  Most people seem to be fine with the comfort though.

 

The LP2s won't sound as good as the M-80s though.  They will have way more bass and the sound isn't as balanced all around.  They still sound pretty good though, but are mostly just good for things like electronic music.

post #11 of 38
Thread Starter 

R: Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietrone94 View Post

Thank you!! so m-90 is only on-ear?? :(
if i want around-ear i take the LP2 (I found only LP2)...the sound quality is as good as well??

also the comfort??

Thanks again!

That's debatable.  For me, the comfort of the M-100s (basically a higher end version of the LP2, closer to the M-80) is actually less than the M-80 because my ears hit up against the driver grille.  Most people seem to be fine with the comfort though.

 

The LP2s won't sound as good as the M-80s though.  They will have way more bass and the sound isn't as balanced all around.  They still sound pretty good though, but are mostly just good for things like electronic music.

ok, undestrand smily_headphones1.gif
there isn't a headphone that soubds like m-80 but that is around-ear?

Inviato e basta.
post #12 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietrone94 View Post


ok, undestrand smily_headphones1.gif
there isn't a headphone that soubds like m-80 but that is around-ear?
Inviato e basta.

The ones I can think of are probably outside your price range...

post #13 of 38
Thread Starter 

R: Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pietrone94 View Post


ok, undestrand smily_headphones1.gif
there isn't a headphone that soubds like m-80 but that is around-ear?
Inviato e basta.

The ones I can think of are probably outside your price range...

ok thanks!!
maybe on ear could be good as well smily_headphones1.gif
i'll keep you informed smily_headphones1.gif

Inviato e basta.
post #14 of 38
Thread Starter 

I'm not convinced about the on-ear feature of the m-80...so i looked lp2 but you told me that they are bottom than the m-80, aren't they??

so, i have 2 questions:

1) could you tell me why they are bottom?? :) ...even if they are bottom, they are as well a very good product or no?? has it got great bass, but also good mids and highs??

2) if the lp2 aren't a very good product, do you know other headphones?? 

Thanks :)

post #15 of 38
Thread Starter 

R: Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80

...if you know headphones that cost some fewer but are anyway good (obviously they are worse than m80) because i can't spend so much frown.gif
thank you smily_headphones1.gif
p.s. sorry for many posts but i can't edit redface.gif

Inviato e basta.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Help: Bose AE2 vs v-moda m80