My HA-RX700s just broke, and I hate buying the same thing twice in a row.. Is there anything better for around $50? I figure since these were $50 when I bought them, and can be found for less than $30 now, I should be able to get something better than them for $50.
- productJVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKicker 09HP541 DJ Style Over-the-Ear Stereo Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKoss PRO DJ 100tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productMonoprice Premium 108323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 12/3/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Headphones for my Son Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Budget Headphones Last post on 3/28/13 at 2:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones?post #1 of 1712/1/12 at 7:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1712/1/12 at 7:40pmpost #3 of 1712/1/12 at 7:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes of course! I mostly use them just when watching videos online, and playing PC games and guitar through the PC software Amplitube. I suppose I need something with decent bass for my guitar usage, but don't want to spend a ton of money.. I loved my HA-RXs, but want to see what else is available at my price range.post #4 of 1712/1/12 at 8:07pmpost #5 of 1712/1/12 at 9:21pmpost #6 of 1712/1/12 at 10:11pmThread StarterQuote:
Those seem to have great reviews, but is there anything better I can get for $50? It looks like those are pretty easy to find for $30.post #7 of 1712/1/12 at 11:01pm
I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for $50 on Amazon.com last week, and they are very good for the low price, but now that Black Friday is over they are up to $69 (shipped free with Prime). From what you've described above I think these would be perfect for you. This is coming from someone who owns a $5,000 set of headphones, and a couple of > $2K headphones. If listening to these doesn't make me feel like puking then they can't be all that bad. :-p Even at $69 I think they are worth the money.post #8 of 1712/1/12 at 11:02pmpost #9 of 1712/2/12 at 12:19amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for $50 on Amazon.com last week, and they are very good for the low price, but now that Black Friday is over they are up to $69 (shipped free with Prime). From what you've described above I think these would be perfect for you. This is coming from someone who owns a $5,000 set of headphones, and a couple of > $2K headphones. If listening to these doesn't make me feel like puking then they can't be all that bad. :-p Even at $69 I think they are worth the money.
Not going to go in to detail, but I have a life-long vendetta with Sony. I don't buy anything from them. They seem nice though, especially for $50.
I will look more in to the Philips, they seem pretty nice, but I just want to make sure it's not all looks and no quality.
EDIT: After reading a review from this website, I see they have an inline volume control, which means they won't work with a 6.3mm adapter (which I use when plugging in to my amp), and I really don't like 90 degree connecters.. Oh well.
Edited by Doyouwantaspoon - 12/2/12 at 12:26ampost #10 of 1712/2/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1712/2/12 at 12:13pm
You can take a look at; the Koss Pro DJ100/TBSEpost #12 of 1712/2/12 at 11:43pm
Check out the Kicker HP541's. I bought a pair after reading the reviews on SonicElectronix's website. I've got a ton of different headphones ranging from $50-$1400 and honestly these are a very good deal for the sound. After my coworkers listened to them 3 of them ordered them as they've heard some of my better cans and really couldn't afford to spend $200+ on a set of headphones. Here's the link:post #13 of 1712/2/12 at 11:46pmpost #14 of 1712/3/12 at 6:51ampost #15 of 1712/3/12 at 9:40am
- Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Introduction and requesting suggestions for an amp to buy 18 seconds ago
- › HRT Microstreamer usb dac 26 seconds ago
- › Dog-fi 39 seconds ago
- › HiFiman Re272 for sale 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › best upgrade for $1000 or less? 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Ω + AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe