My HA-RX700s just broke, and I hate buying the same thing twice in a row.. Is there anything better for around $50? I figure since these were $50 when I bought them, and can be found for less than $30 now, I should be able to get something better than them for $50.
- productJVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC Victor Head-band Foldable Headphones | HA-S400-R Red (Japanese Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKicker 09HP541 DJ Style Over-the-Ear Stereo Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKoss PRODJ100tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productMonoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productPanasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitortagged by System, 12/3/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help! Headphones for my Son Last post on 12/10/12 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dr. Dre Trade - The adventure of bad Headphones Last post on 12/9/12 at 10:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap, Bassy Over-ear Headphones for 20$? Last post on 5/18/13 at 10:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something in between the SRH440 and M50? Last post on 3/24/13 at 6:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Budget Headphones Last post on 3/28/13 at 2:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones?post #1 of 1712/1/12 at 7:32pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1712/1/12 at 7:40pmpost #3 of 1712/1/12 at 7:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Yes of course! I mostly use them just when watching videos online, and playing PC games and guitar through the PC software Amplitube. I suppose I need something with decent bass for my guitar usage, but don't want to spend a ton of money.. I loved my HA-RXs, but want to see what else is available at my price range.post #4 of 1712/1/12 at 8:07pmpost #5 of 1712/1/12 at 9:21pmpost #6 of 1712/1/12 at 10:11pmThread StarterQuote:
Those seem to have great reviews, but is there anything better I can get for $50? It looks like those are pretty easy to find for $30.post #7 of 1712/1/12 at 11:01pm
I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for $50 on Amazon.com last week, and they are very good for the low price, but now that Black Friday is over they are up to $69 (shipped free with Prime). From what you've described above I think these would be perfect for you. This is coming from someone who owns a $5,000 set of headphones, and a couple of > $2K headphones. If listening to these doesn't make me feel like puking then they can't be all that bad. :-p Even at $69 I think they are worth the money.post #8 of 1712/1/12 at 11:02pmpost #9 of 1712/2/12 at 12:19amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict
I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for $50 on Amazon.com last week, and they are very good for the low price, but now that Black Friday is over they are up to $69 (shipped free with Prime). From what you've described above I think these would be perfect for you. This is coming from someone who owns a $5,000 set of headphones, and a couple of > $2K headphones. If listening to these doesn't make me feel like puking then they can't be all that bad. :-p Even at $69 I think they are worth the money.
Not going to go in to detail, but I have a life-long vendetta with Sony. I don't buy anything from them. They seem nice though, especially for $50.
I will look more in to the Philips, they seem pretty nice, but I just want to make sure it's not all looks and no quality.
EDIT: After reading a review from this website, I see they have an inline volume control, which means they won't work with a 6.3mm adapter (which I use when plugging in to my amp), and I really don't like 90 degree connecters.. Oh well.
Edited by Doyouwantaspoon - 12/2/12 at 12:26ampost #10 of 1712/2/12 at 11:16amThread Starterpost #11 of 1712/2/12 at 12:13pm
You can take a look at; the Koss Pro DJ100/TBSEpost #12 of 1712/2/12 at 11:43pm
Check out the Kicker HP541's. I bought a pair after reading the reviews on SonicElectronix's website. I've got a ton of different headphones ranging from $50-$1400 and honestly these are a very good deal for the sound. After my coworkers listened to them 3 of them ordered them as they've heard some of my better cans and really couldn't afford to spend $200+ on a set of headphones. Here's the link:post #13 of 1712/2/12 at 11:46pmpost #14 of 1712/3/12 at 6:51ampost #15 of 1712/3/12 at 9:40am
- Best sub-$50 over-ear headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Any good quality USB sound cards to power DT 700 80s? 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › wtb: Stax Lambda Nova Signature LNS 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 5 minutes ago
- › If someone buy me the headphone (any price), but not the amp and CD... 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › HD600 and Toxic cables 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob