Samsung galaxy player (4.2) is a great alternative to Sony for your budget ($160),plus it supports micro-sd, internet etc. Sound quality is awesome and the screen size is a definitive leap to enjoyment!
Related Forum Threads
- Do I need an amp to fix this problem? Sony Walkman NWZ-A845 + KOSS PRODJ100 Last post on 11/14/13 at 2:35pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
After Fuze a Sony A845 for 160USD? - Page 2
Hi. You sent me a PM. I do not own the A845 anymore but from memory yes there is hiss with IEM (UM2 pairing) and the SQ was usual Sony house sound (easy to like) though not particularly spatious
Do not know whether $160 is good relative to the competition as on other side of the pond but it would have to be a low price imo given it is a two year old model surpassed in features
Cannot help more as otherwise really would be making up answers!
- After Fuze a Sony A845 for 160USD?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 18 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › X3 Library Hack! Super fast library update, proper tag (ID3 v2) &... 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Digital Interface 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob