- 17 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend an amp that can be charged while in use Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for XB700's Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will a FIIO E6 remove hiss? Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, portable and non-portable are both very different things. If you're using them at home and want to get the absolute most out of them, just a simple dac+S/S amp will do the trick. Tubes don't match very nicely with IEMs so you're better off with weaker solidstates. If I were to give you my HONEST opinion, just get an inexpensive amp only, unless your source is absolutely horrid. I wouldn't be paying too much for the Bose, but if you're planning on buying more in the future, Fiio or iBasso is a nice place to start as they are relatively inexpensive, even JDSLabs works. Something premium for the Bose would be the JDS C421 or Headstage Arrow 4G... Something good would be the Fiio E11. Something cost-effective would be the Fiio E6.
2. Don't bother trying to improve the sound with an amp. Enjoy them if you are liking them and when you are ready to spend more money, get a better IEM. For instance the $30 Sony MH1C is going to be a vast improvement (even unamped) to the bose so you could spend your money on more of an IEM selection.
I thought Doc was double-posting, then realized that two people had the same avatars....
I agree though, IEMs in general don't really NEED an amp, and improvements, while present, aren't going to make these pour liquid unobtainium into your ear.
That being said, I would never throw away, or even sell a gift from a family member, though that's just me. And if they don't sound half bad to you (I thought they sounded fine, and the comfort is pretty good), you'd be better off just enjoying them! There's always EQ if you get bored of the sig, and upgrades abound if you want something better. I think you'll be fine without the amp.
I agree with the advice given here. The IE2 needs no amp. I also use them more than any other IEM I have as the comfort, sound and lack of isolation are a plus in most situations for me. Enjoy them - the Bose bashing is a bit undeserved for their headphones (well, maybe the prices deserve it).
Thanks for all the fast replies everyone.. I just read some where that most headphones don't get the best sq unless used with a proper amp.. Wasn't sure on that part.. So what would be a good upgrade for these? I will use the Bose to work out
and then would like some full size headphones for the house. I listen to all types of music and like everything neutral.. My budget is up to
350(if the headphone is worth it) any ideas. Don't need to be
I'll just throw out the DT770 or the HE-400 as stuff you might want to try out. Especially the HE-400 (open-box, B-stock, you can find them at 350) .
Thanks twin.. I have one last question if someone doesn't mind answering... I fixed my Sony MDR XB500 yesterday and love the way these headphones sound. So what would be a good amp for these and a dac because I can't eq them at all on my iPhone and feel liking I can't tweak them like I want to.. Thanks
So I just got the E 11 and a lod for it.. And I haven't had it but for a day but the difference in sound is incredible.. I can't even turn the amp up all the way because its too loud on the XB500s and the Bose.. The Bose don't work as well with it but the XB500s work perfectly.. The bass settings are awesome, but u found 1 is fine and 2 is too much. The high and low gain helps a lot with the 500s too, makes the highs and upper mids a lot clearer and louder. I'm glad I bought it seeing as I only spent 50 with shipping. The build quality of the E11 seems pretty good but haven't tested it out yet. It has a nice black shiny look to it, and is small enough to hide it behind my 4s. Great purchase, just wanted to let you guys know thanks for the help
Spotify has an add on EQ for it now. May want to give that a try.
Sounds like you may be a bit of a basshead if you are loving the XB500 with the E-11 with bass added. Might want to check out one of the most popular threads here - The Basshead Club.
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FS: Synergistic Research USB Active SE Cable 1M 3 seconds ago
- › HiFiman RE-400 or Yamaha EPH-100? 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-CKS1000.. 2 minutes ago
- › Help me choose: Sennheiser HD215 vs Sennheiser HD449 4 minutes ago
- › Help hooking up Monoprice 8" monitor speakers to PC! 9 minutes ago
- › Need Recommendations for Good Triple Driver IEMS 9 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 10 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Want Fit Ear ToGo 334! 11 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)