- 24 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend an amp that can be charged while in use Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for XB700's Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will a FIIO E6 remove hiss? Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
First, I’d like to thank Audrey and the folks at Brainwavz and MP4 Nation for providing a sample of the S5 for review. It was late last month when I received a message from the folks at...
help!! I'm fallling!!!!!!!(photoshop lvl expert) For any Sony DAPs, the letter goes for a kind/category of DAP. The first numbers for the model and the last number is always for the onboard...
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, portable and non-portable are both very different things. If you're using them at home and want to get the absolute most out of them, just a simple dac+S/S amp will do the trick. Tubes don't match very nicely with IEMs so you're better off with weaker solidstates. If I were to give you my HONEST opinion, just get an inexpensive amp only, unless your source is absolutely horrid. I wouldn't be paying too much for the Bose, but if you're planning on buying more in the future, Fiio or iBasso is a nice place to start as they are relatively inexpensive, even JDSLabs works. Something premium for the Bose would be the JDS C421 or Headstage Arrow 4G... Something good would be the Fiio E11. Something cost-effective would be the Fiio E6.
2. Don't bother trying to improve the sound with an amp. Enjoy them if you are liking them and when you are ready to spend more money, get a better IEM. For instance the $30 Sony MH1C is going to be a vast improvement (even unamped) to the bose so you could spend your money on more of an IEM selection.
I thought Doc was double-posting, then realized that two people had the same avatars....
I agree though, IEMs in general don't really NEED an amp, and improvements, while present, aren't going to make these pour liquid unobtainium into your ear.
That being said, I would never throw away, or even sell a gift from a family member, though that's just me. And if they don't sound half bad to you (I thought they sounded fine, and the comfort is pretty good), you'd be better off just enjoying them! There's always EQ if you get bored of the sig, and upgrades abound if you want something better. I think you'll be fine without the amp.
I agree with the advice given here. The IE2 needs no amp. I also use them more than any other IEM I have as the comfort, sound and lack of isolation are a plus in most situations for me. Enjoy them - the Bose bashing is a bit undeserved for their headphones (well, maybe the prices deserve it).
Thanks for all the fast replies everyone.. I just read some where that most headphones don't get the best sq unless used with a proper amp.. Wasn't sure on that part.. So what would be a good upgrade for these? I will use the Bose to work out
and then would like some full size headphones for the house. I listen to all types of music and like everything neutral.. My budget is up to
350(if the headphone is worth it) any ideas. Don't need to be
I'll just throw out the DT770 or the HE-400 as stuff you might want to try out. Especially the HE-400 (open-box, B-stock, you can find them at 350) .
Thanks twin.. I have one last question if someone doesn't mind answering... I fixed my Sony MDR XB500 yesterday and love the way these headphones sound. So what would be a good amp for these and a dac because I can't eq them at all on my iPhone and feel liking I can't tweak them like I want to.. Thanks
So I just got the E 11 and a lod for it.. And I haven't had it but for a day but the difference in sound is incredible.. I can't even turn the amp up all the way because its too loud on the XB500s and the Bose.. The Bose don't work as well with it but the XB500s work perfectly.. The bass settings are awesome, but u found 1 is fine and 2 is too much. The high and low gain helps a lot with the 500s too, makes the highs and upper mids a lot clearer and louder. I'm glad I bought it seeing as I only spent 50 with shipping. The build quality of the E11 seems pretty good but haven't tested it out yet. It has a nice black shiny look to it, and is small enough to hide it behind my 4s. Great purchase, just wanted to let you guys know thanks for the help
Spotify has an add on EQ for it now. May want to give that a try.
Sounds like you may be a bit of a basshead if you are loving the XB500 with the E-11 with bass added. Might want to check out one of the most popular threads here - The Basshead Club.
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 1 minute ago
- › How Head-fi has helped you on your audiophile journey 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › klipsch promedia 2.1 vs swans m50w 5 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Aircom A3 + A5 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › Confused between Bose QC25 and Sennheiser Momentum 10 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)