- 19 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBose® IE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Black Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend an amp that can be charged while in use Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for XB700's Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will a FIIO E6 remove hiss? Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, portable and non-portable are both very different things. If you're using them at home and want to get the absolute most out of them, just a simple dac+S/S amp will do the trick. Tubes don't match very nicely with IEMs so you're better off with weaker solidstates. If I were to give you my HONEST opinion, just get an inexpensive amp only, unless your source is absolutely horrid. I wouldn't be paying too much for the Bose, but if you're planning on buying more in the future, Fiio or iBasso is a nice place to start as they are relatively inexpensive, even JDSLabs works. Something premium for the Bose would be the JDS C421 or Headstage Arrow 4G... Something good would be the Fiio E11. Something cost-effective would be the Fiio E6.
2. Don't bother trying to improve the sound with an amp. Enjoy them if you are liking them and when you are ready to spend more money, get a better IEM. For instance the $30 Sony MH1C is going to be a vast improvement (even unamped) to the bose so you could spend your money on more of an IEM selection.
I thought Doc was double-posting, then realized that two people had the same avatars....
I agree though, IEMs in general don't really NEED an amp, and improvements, while present, aren't going to make these pour liquid unobtainium into your ear.
That being said, I would never throw away, or even sell a gift from a family member, though that's just me. And if they don't sound half bad to you (I thought they sounded fine, and the comfort is pretty good), you'd be better off just enjoying them! There's always EQ if you get bored of the sig, and upgrades abound if you want something better. I think you'll be fine without the amp.
I agree with the advice given here. The IE2 needs no amp. I also use them more than any other IEM I have as the comfort, sound and lack of isolation are a plus in most situations for me. Enjoy them - the Bose bashing is a bit undeserved for their headphones (well, maybe the prices deserve it).
Thanks for all the fast replies everyone.. I just read some where that most headphones don't get the best sq unless used with a proper amp.. Wasn't sure on that part.. So what would be a good upgrade for these? I will use the Bose to work out
and then would like some full size headphones for the house. I listen to all types of music and like everything neutral.. My budget is up to
350(if the headphone is worth it) any ideas. Don't need to be
I'll just throw out the DT770 or the HE-400 as stuff you might want to try out. Especially the HE-400 (open-box, B-stock, you can find them at 350) .
Thanks twin.. I have one last question if someone doesn't mind answering... I fixed my Sony MDR XB500 yesterday and love the way these headphones sound. So what would be a good amp for these and a dac because I can't eq them at all on my iPhone and feel liking I can't tweak them like I want to.. Thanks
So I just got the E 11 and a lod for it.. And I haven't had it but for a day but the difference in sound is incredible.. I can't even turn the amp up all the way because its too loud on the XB500s and the Bose.. The Bose don't work as well with it but the XB500s work perfectly.. The bass settings are awesome, but u found 1 is fine and 2 is too much. The high and low gain helps a lot with the 500s too, makes the highs and upper mids a lot clearer and louder. I'm glad I bought it seeing as I only spent 50 with shipping. The build quality of the E11 seems pretty good but haven't tested it out yet. It has a nice black shiny look to it, and is small enough to hide it behind my 4s. Great purchase, just wanted to let you guys know thanks for the help
Spotify has an add on EQ for it now. May want to give that a try.
Sounds like you may be a bit of a basshead if you are loving the XB500 with the E-11 with bass added. Might want to check out one of the most popular threads here - The Basshead Club.
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Unboxing and first look at the Fiio X1 (UK) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Decrapifier released - USB power isolator 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › HE400+Magni/modi combo 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 9 minutes ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 9 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 11 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)