- 6 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- itemBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Closed Studio Headphones
- itemBose IE2 Audio Headphones
- itemFiiO E11
- itemFiio E6 Headphone Amplifier
- itemHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4G
- itemHiFiMAN HE 400
- itemJDS Labs C421 Headphone Amplifier
- categoryPortable Amps
- itemSony MDR XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones
- itemSony Mh1c Black Livesound Hi Fi Stereo In Ear Headphones
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend an amp that can be charged while in use Last post on 11/27/12 at 3:17am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable amp for XB700's Last post on 6/29/12 at 8:16am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will a FIIO E6 remove hiss? Last post on 6/21/12 at 11:23am in Portable Headphone Amps
- amp for Ipod & IEM? Last post on 6/5/12 at 5:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for... Last post on Today at 10:23 am in Headphones (full-size)
Related Head Gear
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, portable and non-portable are both very different things. If you're using them at home and want to get the absolute most out of them, just a simple dac+S/S amp will do the trick. Tubes don't match very nicely with IEMs so you're better off with weaker solidstates. If I were to give you my HONEST opinion, just get an inexpensive amp only, unless your source is absolutely horrid. I wouldn't be paying too much for the Bose, but if you're planning on buying more in the future, Fiio or iBasso is a nice place to start as they are relatively inexpensive, even JDSLabs works. Something premium for the Bose would be the JDS C421 or Headstage Arrow 4G... Something good would be the Fiio E11. Something cost-effective would be the Fiio E6.
2. Don't bother trying to improve the sound with an amp. Enjoy them if you are liking them and when you are ready to spend more money, get a better IEM. For instance the $30 Sony MH1C is going to be a vast improvement (even unamped) to the bose so you could spend your money on more of an IEM selection.
I thought Doc was double-posting, then realized that two people had the same avatars....
I agree though, IEMs in general don't really NEED an amp, and improvements, while present, aren't going to make these pour liquid unobtainium into your ear.
That being said, I would never throw away, or even sell a gift from a family member, though that's just me. And if they don't sound half bad to you (I thought they sounded fine, and the comfort is pretty good), you'd be better off just enjoying them! There's always EQ if you get bored of the sig, and upgrades abound if you want something better. I think you'll be fine without the amp.
I agree with the advice given here. The IE2 needs no amp. I also use them more than any other IEM I have as the comfort, sound and lack of isolation are a plus in most situations for me. Enjoy them - the Bose bashing is a bit undeserved for their headphones (well, maybe the prices deserve it).
Thanks for all the fast replies everyone.. I just read some where that most headphones don't get the best sq unless used with a proper amp.. Wasn't sure on that part.. So what would be a good upgrade for these? I will use the Bose to work out
and then would like some full size headphones for the house. I listen to all types of music and like everything neutral.. My budget is up to
350(if the headphone is worth it) any ideas. Don't need to be
I'll just throw out the DT770 or the HE-400 as stuff you might want to try out. Especially the HE-400 (open-box, B-stock, you can find them at 350) .
Thanks twin.. I have one last question if someone doesn't mind answering... I fixed my Sony MDR XB500 yesterday and love the way these headphones sound. So what would be a good amp for these and a dac because I can't eq them at all on my iPhone and feel liking I can't tweak them like I want to.. Thanks
So I just got the E 11 and a lod for it.. And I haven't had it but for a day but the difference in sound is incredible.. I can't even turn the amp up all the way because its too loud on the XB500s and the Bose.. The Bose don't work as well with it but the XB500s work perfectly.. The bass settings are awesome, but u found 1 is fine and 2 is too much. The high and low gain helps a lot with the 500s too, makes the highs and upper mids a lot clearer and louder. I'm glad I bought it seeing as I only spent 50 with shipping. The build quality of the E11 seems pretty good but haven't tested it out yet. It has a nice black shiny look to it, and is small enough to hide it behind my 4s. Great purchase, just wanted to let you guys know thanks for the help
Spotify has an add on EQ for it now. May want to give that a try.
Sounds like you may be a bit of a basshead if you are loving the XB500 with the E-11 with bass added. Might want to check out one of the most popular threads here - The Basshead Club.
- Amp/dac recommended for Bose IE2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 28 seconds ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 28 seconds ago
- › The Gaming Deals Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The Christiansen "DG" 300B Amplifier Build Thread 1 minute ago
- › New dude here 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 4 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe