Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 66

post #976 of 1390

Could you guys tell me if I could use Fiio E07K with ipod touch 3g as a dac and not just amp?

post #977 of 1390
Im not sure, but I dint think you can bypass apple's DAC
post #978 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androbot v4 View Post
 

Could you guys tell me if I could use Fiio E07K with ipod touch 3g as a dac and not just amp?

 

I recalled James from Fiio said from some other threads that Apple won't share their interface details so no digital signal out.  The only portable dac/amp I know of that is fully compatible with Apple is the Fostex HP-P1.

post #979 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androbot v4 View Post
 

Could you guys tell me if I could use Fiio E07K with ipod touch 3g as a dac and not just amp?

Yes you can, I got the E3 cable and it acts as a DAC for my ipod touch 2g and my ipod classic. And I am sure it's working as a DAC because the sound is not better or worse but infact a little different. Max I can say is that I feel it becomes a little warmer, and the highs are not that high anymore. ( NOTE: I suck at this sound description thing )

post #980 of 1390

It does work with at least some of the 30 pin connection Apple devices. My 3rd gen iPad works perfectly with the E07K via USB when connected with the camera connection kit adapter. Seems to be a different story with the new lightning connectors though.

post #981 of 1390
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0red View Post
 

Yes you can, I got the E3 cable and it acts as a DAC for my ipod touch 2g and my ipod classic. And I am sure it's working as a DAC because the sound is not better or worse but infact a little different. Max I can say is that I feel it becomes a little warmer, and the highs are not that high anymore. ( NOTE: I suck at this sound description thing )

L3 Cable? If so, no you can't.

 

There is no current sub $300 DAC bypasser. Unless you have a Vmoda, Sony, Cypher Labs, or FOSTEX (or possibly other) device that is around $400. The iPod and iPhone DAC can't be bypassed.

 

You can bypass an iPad 2G's DAC cheaper and easier, 

post #982 of 1390
I will back up the fact that the E07K works with the 30 pin connector using camera connection kit. You just have to turn USB charge off on the E07K and it will work. I'm currently using that for my youtube watching/netflix streaming/music listening needs using my 3rd gen Ipad and Senheiser HD 558. I'm currently just using MP3s so I don't have a lossless file to test and hence has not noticed much different. I just need a good 3 days weekend where I can sit down and rip all my CDs again into lossless format. Never knew about this until 2 weeks ago, lol.

I also have the iphone 5 with the new lightning connector and nothing so far has worked with that. I guess the moral of the story is to hang on to your old apple products (or buy the ipod classic with the 30pin). They're as good as gold.
post #983 of 1390

Hi

I am going to get the sennheiser HD 598's and i want to use a FiiO E07k or an E10, my question is first of all is this a good combo? (my first good headphones) and will the E07k perform well if always connected to the PC and used as a desktop DAC/Amp ;long hours of use (will the battery be affected by that). also is the E10 any better than the E07k in sound quality. the thing is that where i live the E07k is only about $15 more than the E10 ($95 & $80) so the portability and analog audio in is a benefit for an acceptable extra. another thing i know this might not be the right thread for but is the beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 ohms any good compared to the HD598's as the 598's are overpriced here (around $300) and i could find the DT990 Pro at a more realistic price. I am willing to spend the money but just to make sure :)

Thanks ,, :bigsmile_face: 

post #984 of 1390
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo137ooo View Post
 

Hi

I am going to get the sennheiser HD 598's and i want to use a FiiO E07k or an E10, my question is first of all is this a good combo? (my first good headphones) and will the E07k perform well if always connected to the PC and used as a desktop DAC/Amp ;long hours of use (will the battery be affected by that). also is the E10 any better than the E07k in sound quality. the thing is that where i live the E07k is only about $15 more than the E10 ($95 & $80) so the portability and analog audio in is a benefit for an acceptable extra. another thing i know this might not be the right thread for but is the beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 ohms any good compared to the HD598's as the 598's are overpriced here (around $300) and i could find the DT990 Pro at a more realistic price. I am willing to spend the money but just to make sure :)

Thanks ,, :bigsmile_face: 

 

Good combo? No idea, but keep posted for any furrther replies. FiiO's are pretty universal though

 
The battery will be affected, but the amount of use you will get out of it, outlast the cost of replacing the battery after 24/7 usage in 2 years. OR, just buy the E10 or another desktop DAC and amp.
post #985 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo137ooo View Post

Hi
I am going to get the sennheiser HD 598's and i want to use a FiiO E07k or an E10, my question is first of all is this a good combo? (my first good headphones) and will the E07k perform well if always connected to the PC and used as a desktop DAC/Amp ;long hours of use (will the battery be affected by that). also is the E10 any better than the E07k in sound quality. the thing is that where i live the E07k is only about $15 more than the E10 ($95 & $80) so the portability and analog audio in is a benefit for an acceptable extra. another thing i know this might not be the right thread for but is the beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250 ohms any good compared to the HD598's as the 598's are overpriced here (around $300) and i could find the DT990 Pro at a more realistic price. I am willing to spend the money but just to make sure smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks ,, bigsmile_face.gif  

Hey, I would suggest that you read the HD598 appreciation thread as it will have amp /DAC questions and other users would post experience and recommendations there. That's how I started the search for my 558.

Wish you luck in your search.
post #986 of 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacow2001 View Post


Hey, I would suggest that you read the HD598 appreciation thread as it will have amp /DAC questions and other users would post experience and recommendations there. That's how I started the search for my 558.

Wish you luck in your search.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

Good combo? No idea, but keep posted for any furrther replies. FiiO's are pretty universal though

 
The battery will be affected, but the amount of use you will get out of it, outlast the cost of replacing the battery after 24/7 usage in 2 years. OR, just buy the E10 or another desktop DAC and amp.

 

thanks i appreciate your help :)

post #987 of 1390

Panda

 

I have a Samsung G4 and the E07.  I would like to connect the two with a mini USB (E07)/micro USB cord (S4).  My goal is to use the superior DAC and Amp of the E07 while using the music library of the S4.  There are no stores around here that sells this kind of cord (Mini/Micro).  Would you happen to know if this combination would work with what I want to achieve?  Thank you.

post #988 of 1390
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad cricket View Post
 

Panda

 

I have a Samsung G4 and the E07.  I would like to connect the two with a mini USB (E07)/micro USB cord (S4).  My goal is to use the superior DAC and Amp of the E07 while using the music library of the S4.  There are no stores around here that sells this kind of cord (Mini/Micro).  Would you happen to know if this combination would work with what I want to achieve?  Thank you.

 

Usually yes, however, if it works or not is not always 100%, if you read around some of the comments of thist hread. Some get it to work, others not, some have bad fake otg cables.

post #989 of 1390

Thank you for the quick response.  I see what you are saying.  I think it is worth a try and I will search for a quality cable.  I will report back in case anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing.   

post #990 of 1390
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad cricket View Post
 

Thank you for the quick response.  I see what you are saying.  I think it is worth a try and I will search for a quality cable.  I will report back in case anyone else is thinking about doing the same thing.   

 

Ebay and Amazon is where most try to find them. good luck, and good hunting

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread