Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 52

post #766 of 1462

Okay, some misunderstanding here I can see.

 

First, L7 extract the analog line-out signal from iPhone, and allow you to amplify it with an amp. This process doesn't in anyway involves the DAC of E7, E07K, or E17 (or and DAC after the L7), as the iPhone's DAC already decode the digital signal to analog sound before sending it to L7.

 

Second, you want an amp because you want more power, either in voltage, current, or both. iPhone's internal amp is fine, but it is not as power as a dedicated amp. So what if your headphone doesn't actually need that much power? Well, that benefit will be small in the case, if any at all. So does it mean you will never notice any difference? Well, it depends on a few factors, but generally there will be some difference, and even a small improvement. But whether it is worth your while is for your own determination. The rule is, the more demanding your headphone is, the more benefit you will see on an external amp. How do you know whether your headphone is demanding? From the spec, and from your own experience. What if you are a novice and don't know whether your headphone is well driven or not? In that case, you can risk and buy an amp to satisfy your curiosity, or choose to be happy since you didn't find any problem in the first place.

 

To make the right decision requires having the right knowledge in the first place, and most of what you need to know has already been posted in the forum, so do enough research and you will eventually see a clearer picture.

post #767 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

Okay, some misunderstanding here I can see.

 

First, L7 extract the analog line-out signal from iPhone, and allow you to amplify it with an amp. This process doesn't in anyway involves the DAC of E7, E07K, or E17 (or and DAC after the L7), as the iPhone's DAC already decode the digital signal to analog sound before sending it to L7.

 

Second, you want an amp because you want more power, either in voltage, current, or both. iPhone's internal amp is fine, but it is not as power as a dedicated amp. So what if your headphone doesn't actually need that much power? Well, that benefit will be small in the case, if any at all. So does it mean you will never notice any difference? Well, it depends on a few factors, but generally there will be some difference, and even a small improvement. But whether it is worth your while is for your own determination. The rule is, the more demanding your headphone is, the more benefit you will see on an external amp. How do you know whether your headphone is demanding? From the spec, and from your own experience. What if you are a novice and don't know whether your headphone is well driven or not? In that case, you can risk and buy an amp to satisfy your curiosity, or choose to be happy since you didn't find any problem in the first place.

 

To make the right decision requires having the right knowledge in the first place, and most of what you need to know has already been posted in the forum, so do enough research and you will eventually see a clearer picture.


Crystal clear.

post #768 of 1462

Not Crystal Clear, not even close :-)

 

Apple Iphone 4S

and

Shure SE 535

-- that is were I stand today, May 1st 2013

 

 

First, I wandered long in the head-fi fora to get the understanding  of custom sleeves -

I got it, and am on my way to my audiologist - I know this will help me a lot!

 

Next, I was  so confused of that Baldur  MKII talk, they are so much better! Well, after some asking, I learnt that my¨

Shure cable would do just fine. I might not notice any better sound from Spotify. So I "ditched" that 130 usd buy it now.

 

Then a better amp a better DAC, Since my first Iphone - the 3s - I have had the impression that this would improve the listening greatly,

But maybe not on 4 - just a waste of money, such as with the cable?

 

And finally, battery life. That one I have fixed with a Mophie Juice Pack, now my Iphone 4s lasts for a long travel of say 16 hours (there is still no charging option on a intercontinental flight...)

 

But, if such a Fiio dont last as long as my Iphone with Mophie, even dies after 5 hours, then this  Fiio 07k shopping is waste of time.

 

 

Sory, I was unable to find fullfill answers of these questioms on the previous 51 pages of this  thread.
 

post #769 of 1462
Thread Starter 
The DAC of the Andes won't be used with the iPhone on the go. Battery is about 15-20 hours. There is an indicator on the Andes to tell you how to organize your power.
Edited by bowei006 - 5/1/13 at 5:03am
post #770 of 1462
So far away ?

I dont own a PC / mac, my gear is never connected to a pc,

I dont need a dac then at all?

Just a amp then? Like E11 ?
post #771 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorAase View Post

So far away ?

I dont own a PC / mac, my gear is never connected to a pc,

I dont need a dac then at all?

Just a amp then? Like E11 ?

 

If that is so, then no you do not. Yep, an amp like E11/E12 from FiiO or Headroom, Leckerton, iBasso etc etc
post #772 of 1462

To make it really crystal clear - I don't see much of any point on using SE535 with an amp. In fact, none of any current Shure IEM needs an amp.

post #773 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Best advice is money saving advice smily_headphones1.gif
post #774 of 1462
Talking about Crystal Clear!

Thank you soo very much for superb advice, I now see the light, and can start to enjoy my music!

Thanks!
post #775 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorAase View Post

Talking about Crystal Clear!

Thank you soo very much for superb advice, I now see the light, and can start to enjoy my music!

Thanks!

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

 

Very Best,


Edited by bowei006 - 5/1/13 at 3:25pm
post #776 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet"

 

You keep forgetting your "very best," in your posts for May... ksc75smile.gif

post #777 of 1462
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorAase View Post

So far away ?

I dont own a PC / mac, my gear is never connected to a pc,

I dont need a dac then at all?

Just a amp then? Like E11 ?


I would suggest the E07k over the E11. The sound is a lot warmer, and Fuller (not as thin/hollow) when compared to the E11.  Also has more Bass options, and gives treble options (no treble option on the E11).

post #778 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by quisxx View Post


I would suggest the E07k over the E11. The sound is a lot warmer, and Fuller (not as thin/hollow) when compared to the E11.  Also has more Bass options, and gives treble options (no treble option on the E11).

As of right now, those options aren't really for him as it seems he has decided to just use the already good and powerful enough amp in the iPhone.

 

But if it was me, I would do the same. But for different reasons. I found the Andes to be more clearer and less warm than the E11. EQ options, battery, digital screen, DAC don't hurt either.

 

Very Best

post #779 of 1462

Are there any amps similar to the E07k?
Features I'm looking for is
-Two outputs (for on the go headphone comparisons)
-USB DAC/AMP combo
-Portabl

Or is the E07k the one and only unique amp that does this?

post #780 of 1462
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post

Are there any amps similar to the E07k?
Features I'm looking for is
-Two outputs (for on the go headphone comparisons)
-USB DAC/AMP combo
-Portabl

Or is the E07k the one and only unique amp that does this?

Not many headphone amps have two outputs.

 

Take away the two output requirement and you have a ton of amps

 

Use an active splitter or just pull one out and use the second headphone. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread