Originally Posted by sammyhf86
Which specific model/carrier S3 are you? I.e. American AT&T etc.
It's an international GSM SIII, i9300.
I'm beginning to think that a successful connection with Andes and my SIII is more or less a matter of luck (or maybe a coding bug). I've made it connect sometimes, sometimes it won't. It would, one time, work if I connected the Andes and then rebooted the phone, and often times it won't work. Sometimes I get lucky and get the Andes working on my first attempt, and often times it won't work.
Notably, OFTEN TIMES IT WON'T WORK. There's almost no correlation with how/which I connected first, if I rebooted first, if I connected the Andes while music is currently running, if I waited two hours would the Andes then properly work, or whichever hocus-pocus I did first. Currently it feels that I would either get lucky or not, and if not, then try again and again.
And yes, it does drain more battery even with USB charging off, or at least that's what I felt. Checked with BetterBatteryStats and the processor was running at minimum speed also (200Mhz), so I guess the data transfer between phone and DAC really does drain more battery. I'll do a proper attempt once I've made the E07k work again.
But hey, I'm not running stock 4.1.2, and never tried Andes with stock rom, so maybe other people's mileage may vary.