Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 34

post #496 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorolla View Post

Thanks for your speedy response! Could anyone confirm that the stock software is the issue? Will a popular custom rom like Cyanogenmod work? It seemed like others who got it to work were on stock.


Hi, I'm also trying to get Andes to work with international Galaxy s3, I could tell you what has not worked for me:

Stock xxella + boeffla kernel 2.7.1
Stock xxella + siyah kernel 1.8.9
Stock xxellc stock kernel
Stock xxellc + boeffla kernel 2.7.1

I haven't tried with CyanogenMod because it requires a total wipe. frown.gif
post #497 of 1404
Thread Starter 

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

gs1000.gif

 

I don't usually reply if there is nothing I can answer(Android stuff) but member welcomes are a must. smile_phones.gif

post #498 of 1404

What firmware are you using?

post #499 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

"Welcome to Head-Fi! Sorry about your wallet!"

gs1000.gif

 

I don't usually reply if there is nothing I can answer(Android stuff) but member welcomes are a must. smile_phones.gif


Thanks for the welcome, and sure my wallet is already in pain rolleyes.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post

What firmware are you using?


You mean phone firmware?, I tried those on my previous post. Last available jellybean stock roms with stock and custom kernels.

If you mean e07k firmware, how can I check that?

Thanks
post #500 of 1404

Got another question...

 

The E07K can be used as a DAC for my PC, and solely as an amplifier for my Ipod Touch 4g.

I was wondering if there's any difference in quality between using it on my desktop and on my Ipod, basically: E07K DAC vs Ipod DAC.

 

The Ipod would use a LOD.

 

If there's little difference I could switch the E07K out for an E11 and get better quality for less money for my Ipod, but lose some quality on my PC.

 

What differences do you hear? You've got an Ipod touch and I assume a PC as well.

post #501 of 1404
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post

Got another question...

 

The E07K can be used as a DAC for my PC, and solely as an amplifier for my Ipod Touch 4g.

I was wondering if there's any difference in quality between using it on my desktop and on my Ipod, basically: E07K DAC vs Ipod DAC.

 

The Ipod would use a LOD.

 

If there's little difference I could switch the E07K out for an E11 and get better quality for less money for my Ipod, but lose some quality on my PC.

 

What differences do you hear? You've got an Ipod touch and I assume a PC as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwDps_1Grw

 

 

My impressions. It was an E17 one but they are very similar

post #502 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrwDps_1Grw

 

 

My impressions. It was an E17 one but they are very similar

Thank you very much. I did some searching and although there's not a lot of info I found out the 4G still has a cirrus DAC, the same brand as the 2G you compared the E07K to. Many prefer the Wolfson one they had in the older Ipod line-up.

 

Not sure if this is a pro or a con for the E07K. I can choose to get better quality out of my PC but live with the fact that my Ipod sounds different, or I could get a better amp for the price and just stick to playing it with my Ipod...

 

choices...

post #503 of 1404
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post

Thank you very much. I did some searching and although there's not a lot of info I found out the 4G still has a cirrus DAC, the same brand as the 2G you compared the E07K to. Many prefer the Wolfson one they had in the older Ipod line-up.

 

Not sure if this is a pro or a con for the E07K. I can choose to get better quality out of my PC but live with the fact that my Ipod sounds different, or I could get a better amp for the price and just stick to playing it with my Ipod...

 

choices...

All up to you

 

Since 2008, Apple transitioned to Cirrus Logic. They are currently working with Wolfson again but Cirrus is still the main one

post #504 of 1404

I just read through all 34 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer to a problem others have described...

 

My E07k and OTG USB cables (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FCQDZS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01) just arrived and I immediately hooked them up to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Regardless of what order I plug the cables in, the phone recognizes the OTG cable being plugged in but won't pass audio to the E07k.  No matter what audio/video source I use, the player plays in fast forward without audio.  I previously purchased USB Audio Recorder Pro but it won't recognize the E07k.  I have tested the OTG cables by using a wireless mouse with my phone and the E07k works perfectly with my work laptop.  My Note 2 is stock, on Sprint's network and is as updated as offered to this point.

 

The MAIN reason I purchased this unit was for use with my Note 2.  I spent hours researching and decided I'd try one out (due to so many success stories) and I'd upgrade when the E18 comes out this summer.  Anyone find any resolution for this?  I've searched through these threads and others and as of now it simply seems that this works for some and not for others...even though the electronics are technically the same.  The E07k firmware can't be updated, can it?

 

Thanks in advance!

post #505 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWwildcat View Post

I just read through all 34 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer to a problem others have described...

 

My E07k and OTG USB cables (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006FCQDZS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01) just arrived and I immediately hooked them up to my Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  Regardless of what order I plug the cables in, the phone recognizes the OTG cable being plugged in but won't pass audio to the E07k.  No matter what audio/video source I use, the player plays in fast forward without audio.  I previously purchased USB Audio Recorder Pro but it won't recognize the E07k.  I have tested the OTG cables by using a wireless mouse with my phone and the E07k works perfectly with my work laptop.  My Note 2 is stock, on Sprint's network and is as updated as offered to this point.

 

The MAIN reason I purchased this unit was for use with my Note 2.  I spent hours researching and decided I'd try one out (due to so many success stories) and I'd upgrade when the E18 comes out this summer.  Anyone find any resolution for this?  I've searched through these threads and others and as of now it simply seems that this works for some and not for others...even though the electronics are technically the same.  The E07k firmware can't be updated, can it?

 

Thanks in advance!

 

I have the same problem as you.  I bought the E07k thinking that it would take with my Note 2 I317M but it didn't.  It behaves like the E17.  The E7 does work and I posted a pic somewhere.

 

I hoped that the latest JB upgrade 4.1.2 would resolve it but it doesn't.  Also USB Audio Recorder Pro doesn't recognize it.  Some had luck and did get it working but not me.  And I also tried this with my brother's ATT Note 2 and same thing.

 

And yes, I have a lot of FiiO products.

post #506 of 1404

I have a Rogers Galaxy S3 I-747M (same model as AT&T) and my E07K has worked since day one. This is the USB OTG cable I bought: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GGBYJ4.

 

My phone is rooted, but on stock 4.1.1 ROM. Rooting has nothing to do with it is my guess.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCorolla View Post

Could anyone help? I have an ATT Samsung Galaxy S3 and it will not recognize my Fiio E07K whatsoever. I tried the other suggestions in this forum and they haven't worked. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong. It is the stock US variant of the S3.

post #507 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by chauzu View Post


Hi, I'm also trying to get Andes to work with international Galaxy s3, I could tell you what has not worked for me:

Stock xxella + boeffla kernel 2.7.1
Stock xxella + siyah kernel 1.8.9
Stock xxellc stock kernel
Stock xxellc + boeffla kernel 2.7.1

I haven't tried with CyanogenMod because it requires a total wipe. frown.gif

 

 

Wasn't really tempted on making an account on head-fi, but your post seemed like a genuine attempt on making the E07k work w/ the GSIII i9300 so I wanted to chip in. I also tried testing w/ other FW but to no avail:
 
- Omega ROM v37, v38, v40, v41: XXELLC, ZSEMA1, XXEMA2, ZSEMB1 stock kernels
 
Yeah, I know these aren't pure stock but the Omega ROM series are based of from Samsung stock anyway. I also tried Siyah 1.8.9 and it didn't work for me too.
 
Also, somebody earlier claimed that they had made their SIII work with 4.1.1 XXDLJ1 (page 16 by renishi). I did try flashing its specific kernel (but w/ Omega ROM v40 installed) but to no avail. Didn't try to flash the whole ROM though. Figured that a full wipe wasn't worth it.
post #508 of 1404

Final question before purchase.

The specs of the E07K tell me the recommended headphone impedance should be 6-150 ohms.

I'm going to go for Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros, but I'm not sure about the version (80 ohms or 250 ohms). I've read that the 250 ohm version is slightly less bass-heavy and shines more with a higher volume.

 

So, is anyone familiar with using the E07K, the E17 or E11 (all three have somewhat if not the same output) with headphones around 250 ohms?

post #509 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post

So, is anyone familiar with using the E07K, the E17 or E11 (all three have somewhat if not the same output) with headphones around 250 ohms?

I have the DT880 Pro's which are 250Ω and using my Colorfly C3 as the source with an output level of 35/40, the E11 requires 9/10 on it's volume to get a really good listening level, whereas my E17 only needs a 45/60 level. I am not familiar with the E07K so I can't comment on that one but it should be the same as the E17.

 

dt880smile.png

post #510 of 1404
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post

Final question before purchase.

The specs of the E07K tell me the recommended headphone impedance should be 6-150 ohms.

I'm going to go for Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros, but I'm not sure about the version (80 ohms or 250 ohms). I've read that the 250 ohm version is slightly less bass-heavy and shines more with a higher volume.

 

So, is anyone familiar with using the E07K, the E17 or E11 (all three have somewhat if not the same output) with headphones around 250 ohms?

16-150 Ohms is what the E17 page says

 

16-100 Ohms is what the E07K page says

 

 

However it says driveability. Which may imply that those are the impedances that will generally be driven properly by the unit.

 

Many users use the E17 with HE's and Denon D's 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread