Cool!! Thanks again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- DIY Wireless Headphone Amps Last post on 1/12/14 at 7:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Will Shure SE215 benefit from FiiO E7/E07K DAC? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:10am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- FiiO E7 opinions Last post on 6/12/13 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Smallest most effective amp? Last post on 1/30/13 at 11:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need USB DAC with microphone Last post on 1/20/13 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Really weird, I have two MicroUSB cables, one of which IDK where it came from since I haven't had a microUSB device in a while, but the E07K will only work with one of them. I'm guessing the one it came with, I can't remember which one came with it so I'm just assuming lol. Plugging in one cable with the E07K it won't show up on my computer, plug in the other one and instantly shows up. Kinda weird.
One is probably just a charge only cable, like the ones with the E11's no data lines just power and ground.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
will the e07 have a better DAC compared to the e7? planning to hook it up to an e9. i read before that there were criticisms on the e7's dac when paired with the e9, curious to know if the e07 improved it, thanks in advance :)
also will its DAC be better than e10 or D3? many thanks
D3 is a multi media(tv) dac and not really one one should use for audio headphone purposes
^thanks for the reply, i didnt know the D3 was not exactly for headphone purposes, i was thinking connecting my macbook using toslink to the D3 and then the D3 to the E9. many thanks again for the info about their DAC
I received my Fiio E07K today.
It will not turn ON the first time, because the unit's battery was drained totally.
I dont know that Andes units are like this, or are all Fiio amps/dacs like this?
Don't they come precharged?
Got mine on Monday and it came fully charged.
Wow. Maybe my unit got stuck at the shelf for a long time and it drained.
What happens or are there changes if E07K is used in tandem with a USB 3.0 cable/port instead of the usual 2.0?
Hmmm... When I connect the E07K to my computer via USB, am I right to say that both headphones ports will remain as headphone out rather than line-out ports and the aux in port beside the USB port will become useless?
your question is confusing.
could you break it down a bit pls.
which port of what are you referring to?
If you have both usb and aux plugged in. Alpen will choose aux as the main signal and use that. This is so youcan charge and use aux in. You have to pull out aux in to actually get sound over usb.
But no. It will NOT receive any power in any way shape or form when connected to any thing through 3.5mm input.
I saw a recharging icon(lightning symbol) on the andes while I was trying it out with the walkman, or does it just mean it is discharging?
- FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Final Amp for HD800 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Is the Hifiman HE-6 clearly a league above the Hifiman HE-500? 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 3 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800R Current mode headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob