Cool!! Thanks again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E7 opinions Last post on 6/12/13 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Smallest most effective amp? Last post on 1/30/13 at 11:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need USB DAC with microphone Last post on 1/20/13 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- help for hearing impaired Last post on 1/15/13 at 4:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- headphones for movies Last post on 1/14/13 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Really weird, I have two MicroUSB cables, one of which IDK where it came from since I haven't had a microUSB device in a while, but the E07K will only work with one of them. I'm guessing the one it came with, I can't remember which one came with it so I'm just assuming lol. Plugging in one cable with the E07K it won't show up on my computer, plug in the other one and instantly shows up. Kinda weird.
One is probably just a charge only cable, like the ones with the E11's no data lines just power and ground.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
will the e07 have a better DAC compared to the e7? planning to hook it up to an e9. i read before that there were criticisms on the e7's dac when paired with the e9, curious to know if the e07 improved it, thanks in advance :)
also will its DAC be better than e10 or D3? many thanks
D3 is a multi media(tv) dac and not really one one should use for audio headphone purposes
^thanks for the reply, i didnt know the D3 was not exactly for headphone purposes, i was thinking connecting my macbook using toslink to the D3 and then the D3 to the E9. many thanks again for the info about their DAC
I received my Fiio E07K today.
It will not turn ON the first time, because the unit's battery was drained totally.
I dont know that Andes units are like this, or are all Fiio amps/dacs like this?
Don't they come precharged?
Got mine on Monday and it came fully charged.
Wow. Maybe my unit got stuck at the shelf for a long time and it drained.
What happens or are there changes if E07K is used in tandem with a USB 3.0 cable/port instead of the usual 2.0?
Hmmm... When I connect the E07K to my computer via USB, am I right to say that both headphones ports will remain as headphone out rather than line-out ports and the aux in port beside the USB port will become useless?
your question is confusing.
could you break it down a bit pls.
which port of what are you referring to?
If you have both usb and aux plugged in. Alpen will choose aux as the main signal and use that. This is so youcan charge and use aux in. You have to pull out aux in to actually get sound over usb.
But no. It will NOT receive any power in any way shape or form when connected to any thing through 3.5mm input.
I saw a recharging icon(lightning symbol) on the andes while I was trying it out with the walkman, or does it just mean it is discharging?
- FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 4 seconds ago
- › Just received my Westone W2's 23 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 26 seconds ago
- › WTB: Metrum Acoustics Hex 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Need something good for working out... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › ~$100-$175 IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi