Cool!! Thanks again.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - 96kHz/24-Bittagged by System, 12/1/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- FiiO E7 opinions Last post on 6/12/13 at 2:57am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Smallest most effective amp? Last post on 1/30/13 at 11:25pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Need USB DAC with microphone Last post on 1/20/13 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- help for hearing impaired Last post on 1/15/13 at 4:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- headphones for movies Last post on 1/14/13 at 6:54am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 32
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Really weird, I have two MicroUSB cables, one of which IDK where it came from since I haven't had a microUSB device in a while, but the E07K will only work with one of them. I'm guessing the one it came with, I can't remember which one came with it so I'm just assuming lol. Plugging in one cable with the E07K it won't show up on my computer, plug in the other one and instantly shows up. Kinda weird.
One is probably just a charge only cable, like the ones with the E11's no data lines just power and ground.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
will the e07 have a better DAC compared to the e7? planning to hook it up to an e9. i read before that there were criticisms on the e7's dac when paired with the e9, curious to know if the e07 improved it, thanks in advance :)
also will its DAC be better than e10 or D3? many thanks
D3 is a multi media(tv) dac and not really one one should use for audio headphone purposes
^thanks for the reply, i didnt know the D3 was not exactly for headphone purposes, i was thinking connecting my macbook using toslink to the D3 and then the D3 to the E9. many thanks again for the info about their DAC
I received my Fiio E07K today.
It will not turn ON the first time, because the unit's battery was drained totally.
I dont know that Andes units are like this, or are all Fiio amps/dacs like this?
Don't they come precharged?
Got mine on Monday and it came fully charged.
Wow. Maybe my unit got stuck at the shelf for a long time and it drained.
What happens or are there changes if E07K is used in tandem with a USB 3.0 cable/port instead of the usual 2.0?
Hmmm... When I connect the E07K to my computer via USB, am I right to say that both headphones ports will remain as headphone out rather than line-out ports and the aux in port beside the USB port will become useless?
your question is confusing.
could you break it down a bit pls.
which port of what are you referring to?
If you have both usb and aux plugged in. Alpen will choose aux as the main signal and use that. This is so youcan charge and use aux in. You have to pull out aux in to actually get sound over usb.
But no. It will NOT receive any power in any way shape or form when connected to any thing through 3.5mm input.
I saw a recharging icon(lightning symbol) on the andes while I was trying it out with the walkman, or does it just mean it is discharging?
- FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 1 minute ago
- › He Y , How doEs tHe VoLtage of a Capacitor filer Hi or Lo signal... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 3 minutes ago
- › IEM's with huge soundstage and bass? 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 7 minutes ago
- › E17 vs Aune T1 vs E12+Macbook air internal DAC for 250 ohm DT880 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi