Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 102

post #1516 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolpep View Post
 

 

Hi,

 

ok now that we have established that indeed your DAC and Amp are working both properly we can tackle the issue of sound quality (if that;'s still concern).

 

What is the quality of the files you are playing and how (with which software) are you playing them?

What are you playing the music from (PC/Mac/Mobile?)?

 

Sometimes there is next to no difference with easy to drive headphones. So it can be totally ok if you don't hear anything special. ;-)

 

cheers,

K

 

This is mostly true for an amp. In any case, you should be able to her quite a difference through the Wolfson WM8740 DAC on the E07k vs. your computer on any decent gear.  

post #1517 of 1527

Hi

 

E07K has two headphone outs right? How does it fare using two headphones? Any difference in volume/SQ?

 

Is it too bad with one earphone and one headphone? (not very high impedance headphone, 40-60).


Edited by kdava - 2/20/15 at 3:50am
post #1518 of 1527

There may be a volume difference but I noticed no difference in sound quality using 2 different headphones or one headphone and an in ear set.

post #1519 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jis1 View Post
 

There may be a volume difference but I noticed no difference in sound quality using 2 different headphones or one headphone and an in ear set.

same here.

post #1520 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jis1 View Post
 

There may be a volume difference but I noticed no difference in sound quality using 2 different headphones or one headphone and an in ear set.

 

I agree, the volume differences will precisely be due to the different impedances of the headphones/IEMs you are using.

post #1521 of 1527
Thanks for the answers. That sounds really reassuring.
post #1522 of 1527

Hi everyone,

hi MrPanda.

Recently i'm having some issues with my andes, so every time i playback something from a stream such as spotify tidal mog and even youtube and flash stuff, the audio disappears and everything crashes at random after some listening.

I've got the latest driver on the pc but haven't updated the firmware.

 

I hope that this is a known issue.

 

Cheers all

post #1523 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNavara View Post
 

Hi everyone,

hi MrPanda.

Recently i'm having some issues with my andes, so every time i playback something from a stream such as spotify tidal mog and even youtube and flash stuff, the audio disappears and everything crashes at random after some listening.

I've got the latest driver on the pc but haven't updated the firmware.

 

I hope that this is a known issue.

 

Cheers all

Try a different usb cable/port, it is not a known issue afaik.

post #1524 of 1527
While using dac though USB output of mac it should act as the only sound quality determining source,still when i am changing eq setting in iTunes or Vox the sound signature is changing as well. It shouldn't be, right? AFAIK, when i connect the dac through usb output all the sound data processing is done in dac, not in mac anymore. Am i missing something here?
Any help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
post #1525 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post
 

Try a different usb cable/port, it is not a known issue afaik.


No dude, this is not a hardware problem since everything works well with Foobar

post #1526 of 1527
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyNavara View Post
 


No dude, this is not a hardware problem since everything works well with Foobar

 

Maybe your computer? Try uninstalling those programs and see if they work. 

post #1527 of 1527

Hello all. I'm new here, as a member anyway.

 

I just wanted to let everyone know that the FiiO E07K has now been discontinued and as a result prices of remaining stock is likely to rise. One retailer has already increased the price by 30%.

 

So if you're thinking of getting one of these, just be aware that new stock is limited.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread