Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 94

post #1396 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

There are a few 3rd party cases for the FiiO X3. One notable company that makes it wrote FiiO's name incorrectly and so it doesn't show up in searches well but I've seen the product, someone on HF buying it, and the product page.

That, I don't know but many thanks for the heads up! xD
post #1397 of 1413

Hello in relation to having safe db levels for long listening periods I was wondering about the e07k, is 1 point in volume equal to 1mv (db gain set to 0)?

 

http://www.headphone-amplifier.com/calculator.htm <-- just using this for calculation since I dont have an actual db meter, and yes it not accurate.

 

My mdr 1r has 24ohms, 105db/mw, so at 20 level it outputs 88 spl db.. that can damage the ear since safe levels are only at 85? is this right? I'm confused and a noob at all this.

post #1398 of 1413
sorry double post
Edited by wigglepuff - 8/12/14 at 8:14am
post #1399 of 1413
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglepuff View Post
 

Hello in relation to having safe db levels for long listening periods I was wondering about the e07k, is 1 point in volume equal to 1mv (db gain set to 0)?

 

http://www.headphone-amplifier.com/calculator.htm <-- just using this for calculation since I dont have an actual db meter, and yes it not accurate.

 

My mdr 1r has 24ohms, 105db/mw, so at 20 level it outputs 88 spl db.. that can damage the ear since safe levels are only at 85? is this right? I'm confused and a noob at all this.

Nope. 

 

Mainly because mW (not mV) is also highly dependent on the impedance of the headphones. 

 

Your specs show that it is a very efficient. You shouldn't need or should ever use H gain with those headphones. But yes, you can definatelly damage your ears if you decide to max out the E07K at H while wearing the headphones. 

post #1400 of 1413

Excuse me if I write something wrong or innacurate, I'm noob at all this.

 

Ah, and no I'm not using a dac/amp to amp the headphones to eardrum suicide, my pc has emi issues due to bad mb design so I got e07k as a dac, I'm still trying to find a better amp or an amp thats a step better over the e07k for detail so I can run the units on low volume and get proper detail. The e07k is only slightly better in the bass area compared to my onboard and not much better in everything else but the dac is good enough for starters.

 

The e09k has 10ohms output, Billson said the 2 units I have will sound bloated in the bass deparment and detail may get worse, has anyone tried the e07k with the jds labs 02amp how is it? or a standalone e10k? I dont really have a lot of options right now.

post #1401 of 1413
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglepuff View Post
 

Excuse me if I write something wrong or innacurate, I'm noob at all this.

 

Ah, and no I'm not using a dac/amp to amp the headphones to eardrum suicide, my pc has emi issues due to bad mb design so I got e07k as a dac, I'm still trying to find a better amp or an amp thats a step better over the e07k for detail so I can run the units on low volume and get proper detail. The e07k is only slightly better in the bass area compared to my onboard and not much better in everything else but the dac is good enough for starters.

 

The e09k has 10ohms output, Billson said the 2 units I have will sound bloated in the bass deparment and detail may get worse, has anyone tried the e07k with the jds labs 02amp how is it? or a standalone e10k? I dont really have a lot of options right now.

We were all noobs at one point. 

 

Desktop computer?

 

Check your I/O panel, brass standoffs, and any PSU cables/wiring touching your motherboard. The I/O panel has pins that are meant to touch the motherboard connectors to the case. And the brass standoffs need to be done fully and correctly. 

 

I have an O2 and I have an E07K (obviously). The E07K is a bit bloaty in the bass department compared to high grade amps. That is for sure. 

 

What is your question.....what are you looking for?

post #1402 of 1413
Will this amp/DAC combo drive some beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250 ohm cans off of a laptop or a Samsung Galaxy s4?
post #1403 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

We were all noobs at one point. 

Desktop computer?

Check your I/O panel, brass standoffs, and any PSU cables/wiring touching your motherboard. The I/O panel has pins that are meant to touch the motherboard connectors to the case. And the brass standoffs need to be done fully and correctly. 

I have an O2 and I have an E07K (obviously). The E07K is a bit bloaty in the bass department compared to high grade amps. That is for sure. 

What is your question.....what are you looking for?
That and with the high OI of E09K, it will makes things worse IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by skategm View Post

Will this amp/DAC combo drive some beyerdynamic dt990 pro 250 ohm cans off of a laptop or a Samsung Galaxy s4?

You are better off with something with slightly more powerful than the E07K. The E07K is best paired with 16 Ohm to 80 Ohm although impedance tell much but just a general idea. The E07K is not meant for high impedance headphones.

Hope it helps
Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #1404 of 1413

Hi Guys!

 

Im almost sold on the E07K. Can you please help me with a feel questions?

 

  • I know that the E07k can be used as a iPhone/iPod DAC (even tho its not advertised). How good is the internal DAC of the E07K compared to the iPod 7th gen? I would be better to connect to my iPod as a DAC or Line out?

 

  • Also, what is the difference in battery life time while used as a pure iPod amp, compared to connected as a DAC?

 

  • Finally, if the E07K can be connected to a iPod as a DAC can the E17 also work with my iPod as a DAC?

 

Thanks!

By the way this connection looks very very guetto! I'm gonna make my own custom cable if i do get the E07k 

post #1405 of 1413

what volume level do you guys set your e07k at? I use 0 gain and usually 14 or 16-18 depending on headphone.

post #1406 of 1413
Thread Starter 

It depends on your headphones and personal opinion really

post #1407 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglepuff View Post

what volume level do you guys set your e07k at? I use 0 gain and usually 14 or 16-18 depending on headphone.

With my ATH-AD900X I'm usually at 30-35 with 0 gain
With havi b3 pro 1 at 40-45 with 0 gain

Just to give you some idea... But basically what @bowei006 said.

Edit: Source: laptop -> usb -> E07K -> headphone/IEM
Edited by benandfaith - 9/2/14 at 2:51am
post #1408 of 1413

Hi everyone! Question for one and all. So I just paired up my E07K to my Galaxy S3 via micro to mini cable. Everything seems to work fine. What I was wondering is.. Since I'm listening through the E07K jack, am I also getting an amped signal from the Fiio too? Or just getting the DAC portion? Thanks!

post #1409 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlAgathon View Post
 

Hi everyone! Question for one and all. So I just paired up my E07K to my Galaxy S3 via micro to mini cable. Everything seems to work fine. What I was wondering is.. Since I'm listening through the E07K jack, am I also getting an amped signal from the Fiio too? Or just getting the DAC portion? Thanks!

 

Phone --> DAC (FiiO) --> Amp (fiio - how else would you hear it and adjust volume etc?) -->  Headphone out

 

note if you wanted to amp with another amp (not saying you need to or should but you can) with the FiiO L7

post #1410 of 1413
Quote:
Originally Posted by UprightMan View Post
 

 

Phone --> DAC (FiiO) --> Amp (fiio - how else would you hear it and adjust volume etc?) -->  Headphone out

 

note if you wanted to amp with another amp (not saying you need to or should but you can) with the FiiO L7

 

Apologies.. I know it was a very novice silly type of question.  I was just a bit confused because I keep reading (various reviews etc) about how people say it's a good external DAC for their phones, but never for the most part talk about the amping portion. The way I assumed it happened was the micro to mini cable sends the signals from the phone too the Fiio, than the Fiio re-amps and re-dacs it. 


Edited by KarlAgathon - 9/4/14 at 2:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread