Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 83

post #1231 of 1407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post
 

hello all, I'm relatively new to the rather scary audiophile world, and I think I might be spared the obligatory welcome slogan since I can already attest to the strain on my wallet ):

i hope my query will not be dumb or stupid in any way. please do bear in mind i have little to no knowledge as i'm still an infant with regard to this business (:

1) i am contemplating purchasing the E07K to use in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and Shure SE215 or Rock-it R50 IEMs. is this a wise decision or will the E07K not make any difference? and am i correct to say that using the AUX-in 3.5mm on the E07K to connect to my iPhone 5 will utilize the E07K solely as an amp (and not a DAC) since the iPhone 5 will already convert the digital signals to analogue?


2) i am also wondering, although i know the E07K is classified as a headphone amp/dac, whether i can actually use it as an offboard DAC in conjunction with my laptop and my creative t40 2.0 speakers.

from reading this thread as well as others, i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

any help on my queries will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance (:

 

Welcome, and your wallet is still in danger. Worry not.

 

Nothing is too dumb to ask. Unless, of course, you ask what the difference between a toaster and the new X5 is. 

 

Your IEM's are not too high on the scale AND from what I have heard based on those IEM's, those probably don't need the E07K if you just need an amp.

 

That is correct. You will only use the E07K as an amp through the AUX in. And yes, the iP5 already converts it inside.

 

2:

Yes, you can with your laptop. If your Creative speakers have a 3.5mm input, then yes, you can use the E07K with it as well. You can use an adapter cable to change whatever the E07K outputs(3.5mm analog) to the format that you need.The Andes is used as an amp and DAC in this case

 

In the case you mentioned with L7, the E07K will act only as DAC with the amplifier being whatever you plug into the L7, be it another portable amp, or straight into active speakers. 

 

Yes, that will also work. In the case of USB to ANDES to speakers through headphone out. You are using the E07K's amplifier along with your speakers. This isn't bad and most do it. However most would say double amplification may not be needed OR, they would want to use just the speaker's own amp OR they will use E07K to another stereo amplifier for a speaker (2.0/2.1). Either way, its all up to user preference. 

 

Please remember to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and like my Facebook page :D Links in my signature below. Helps out a lot. I'm an active replyer and community person. And don't forget to give Audio360 some love as well

post #1232 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

Just snatched an open-box E07K from Headphone bar for $67, taxed and delivered!

 

Looking forward to this.

Let us know what you think when you get it :D

 

I just got it off the mailbox... my first DAC!

 

Now listening to various stuff (USB → Andes → HD600).  Rush, Pink Floyd, Broken Social Scene, orchestral music (Beethoven, Schubert, Stravinski) etc.

 

Very nice and neutral presentation.  The detail retrieval is night and day, compared to the PC's sound card... I keep hearing things I'd never noticed before.

 

Edit: OMG Neil Young.  All the little touches and twangs on the guitars revealed... *eargasm*


Edited by Delirious Lab - 3/5/14 at 6:43pm
post #1233 of 1407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

 

I just got it off the mailbox... my first DAC!

 

Now listening to various stuff (USB → Andes → HD600).  Rush, Pink Floyd, Broken Social Scene, orchestral music (Beethoven, Schubert, Stravinski) etc.

 

Very nice and neutral presentation.  The detail retrieval is night and day, compared to the PC's sound card... I keep hearing things I'd never noticed before.

 

Edit: OMG Neil Young.  All the little touches and twangs on the guitars revealed... *eargasm*

Glad you like it :gs1000smile:

post #1234 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

 

I just got it off the mailbox... my first DAC!

 

Now listening to various stuff (USB → Andes → HD600).  Rush, Pink Floyd, Broken Social Scene, orchestral music (Beethoven, Schubert, Stravinski) etc.

 

Very nice and neutral presentation.  The detail retrieval is night and day, compared to the PC's sound card... I keep hearing things I'd never noticed before.

 

Edit: OMG Neil Young.  All the little touches and twangs on the guitars revealed... *eargasm*


I just got my E07k 3 weeks ago (coincidentally from Headphonebar - Just not open box. Wish I'd seen that ;) ), also my first foray into the DAC/Amp world. Isn't it wonderful? :D Try some FLAC Floyd on a Rockboxed ipod 5g. Pure heaven.

post #1235 of 1407

can anyone confirm whether they have one of these working with a Note 3 please ? (I have the Snapdragon 800 version)

 

I had sort of assumed it would, as I know the E17 is compatible- and I think I'd read about the E07k working with the Note 2

 

but a report of it not working with the Galaxy S4 made me a bit nervous - and couldn't find any forum posts of someone using a Note 3 + E07k combo

 

would pay the extra for the E17 - but we have 2 IPADs in the house - and I'm pretty sure it won't work with those which is a shame

 

thanks

post #1236 of 1407
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster View Post
 

can anyone confirm whether they have one of these working with a Note 3 please ? (I have the Snapdragon 800 version)

 

I had sort of assumed it would, as I know the E17 is compatible- and I think I'd read about the E07k working with the Note 2

 

but a report of it not working with the Galaxy S4 made me a bit nervous - and couldn't find any forum posts of someone using a Note 3 + E07k combo

 

would pay the extra for the E17 - but we have 2 IPADs in the house - and I'm pretty sure it won't work with those which is a shame

 

thanks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/638910/fiio-e07k-andes-review-and-help-thread/960#post_9799318

 

So far, only Note 2 is confirmed.

post #1237 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harghan View Post
 

 

1) Well, an amp is to have more sound than the phone can give, since you are using IEMS you don't need it. since you can have the same "bass boost of the E07k" via the EQ

 

2)

 

i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

 

I think that's right only DAC, not the AMP.

 

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

 

It will work, this is what i do with my Fiio E7.

 

 

the differencies are:

If you use the Mini usb of the E07k => you use his DAC + AMP

If you use the L7 with the E07k => You use only the DAC of the Fiio E07k, so you can connect another beefier AMP

 

If you don't have any AMP, you don't need the L7.

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

Welcome, and your wallet is still in danger. Worry not.

 

Nothing is too dumb to ask. Unless, of course, you ask what the difference between a toaster and the new X5 is. 

 

Your IEM's are not too high on the scale AND from what I have heard based on those IEM's, those probably don't need the E07K if you just need an amp.

 

That is correct. You will only use the E07K as an amp through the AUX in. And yes, the iP5 already converts it inside.

 

2:

Yes, you can with your laptop. If your Creative speakers have a 3.5mm input, then yes, you can use the E07K with it as well. You can use an adapter cable to change whatever the E07K outputs(3.5mm analog) to the format that you need.The Andes is used as an amp and DAC in this case

 

In the case you mentioned with L7, the E07K will act only as DAC with the amplifier being whatever you plug into the L7, be it another portable amp, or straight into active speakers. 

 

Yes, that will also work. In the case of USB to ANDES to speakers through headphone out. You are using the E07K's amplifier along with your speakers. This isn't bad and most do it. However most would say double amplification may not be needed OR, they would want to use just the speaker's own amp OR they will use E07K to another stereo amplifier for a speaker (2.0/2.1). Either way, its all up to user preference. 

 

Please remember to subscribe to my Youtube Channel and like my Facebook page :D Links in my signature below. Helps out a lot. I'm an active replyer and community person. And don't forget to give Audio360 some love as well


Sorry for the superlate replies guys (school's been a mess)

Thanks very much for your clarifications. Much appreciated! (:

post #1238 of 1407
Hi guys
Does andes work as android usb dac?
post #1239 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post

Hi guys
Does andes work as android usb dac?

Not sure but you will need OTG Cable if it does smily_headphones1.gif there is also the E18 which is designed for certain Andriod phone smily_headphones1.gif

Hope it helps
Billson
post #1240 of 1407
Mini usb to mini usb?
Cause...phone and device have both only mini usb
OTG cable has mini usb on female usb bud
Am i correct?
post #1241 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmelidze View Post

Mini usb to mini usb?
Cause...phone and device have both only mini usb
OTG cable has mini usb on female usb bud
Am i correct?

What phone are you using? Hehe
post #1242 of 1407
Xperia Z Ultra
post #1243 of 1407
Not sure about that phone but here's a link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2420773
post #1244 of 1407
Thread Starter 

The E07K, like a few of FiiO devices are not fully compatible with every Android or USB OTG capable unit

 

You have to specifically check online to see if it is. And then once you do, it's a matter of also knowing if you have to have a specific ROM or software on it to get it to work

post #1245 of 1407
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The E07K, like a few of FiiO devices are not fully compatible with every Android or USB OTG capable unit

You have to specifically check online to see if it is. And then once you do, it's a matter of also knowing if you have to have a specific ROM or software on it to get it to work

What he said xD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread