Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 82

post #1216 of 1404

Hi

 

I bought it a week ago... I was checking the downloads on FiiO for the e07k and found an ASIO driver with a relative new date... I supppose is better than the window default that is way older.... I kinda of hear the sound better...


Edited by LibiSC - 2/17/14 at 1:07pm
post #1217 of 1404

Can anyone else verify that? I just purchased the E07k from Headphonebar and I'd love to know peoples' impressions on different firmware sound before I try it out...

post #1218 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by batteraziiz View Post

Can anyone else verify that? I just purchased the E07k from Headphonebar and I'd love to know peoples' impressions on different firmware sound before I try it out...

this is not firmware, its a driver for windows. just to clarify. you can always remove the driver again, so why don't you try it out and report to help others?

cheers,
K
Edited by Koolpep - 2/18/14 at 9:05am
post #1219 of 1404

Oops, should have read up on it on the Fiio site before commenting :blink: Thanks :L3000:

post #1220 of 1404

Just snatched an open-box E07K from Headphone bar for $67, taxed and delivered!

 

Looking forward to this.

post #1221 of 1404
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

Just snatched an open-box E07K from Headphone bar for $67, taxed and delivered!

 

Looking forward to this.

Let us know what you think when you get it :D

post #1222 of 1404

Loving mine :) Need a better quality LOD for my Ipod 5g though....

Currently listening to: Depeche Mode - Condemnation on my K240 MKIIs. With a large smile on my face. :beyersmile:

post #1223 of 1404

I see that this device has an display off timer but does the amp itself have an auto power-off to save battery?

post #1224 of 1404
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonnixx View Post

I see that this device has an display off timer but does the amp itself have an auto power-off to save battery?
It has a sleep mode. I'll get back to you when I get home to check. My Andes is in storage. I'll answer you then fully unless someone else can before.
post #1225 of 1404
Thread Starter 

There is no auto off unless sleep mode is set. This is a per time basis however.

post #1226 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


It has a sleep mode. I'll get back to you when I get home to check. My Andes is in storage. I'll answer you then fully unless someone else can before.

yeap! There is a sleep mode. Just hit menu -> press the volume up till "SLEEP" is highlighted -> click menu again use the volume button to set the timer 

post #1227 of 1404

Thank you for your review. I am loving this DAC. My Sennheiser HD555s are sounding super SWEET!


Edited by phonnixx - 3/3/14 at 4:14pm
post #1228 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious Lab View Post
 

Just snatched an open-box E07K from Headphone bar for $67, taxed and delivered!

 

Looking forward to this.

Haha, I was going to get this same exact unit but decided to purchase the E07K and E09K bundle instead. I love the E07K when paired with the V-Moda M-100s. Great buy!

post #1229 of 1404

hello all, I'm relatively new to the rather scary audiophile world, and I think I might be spared the obligatory welcome slogan since I can already attest to the strain on my wallet ):

i hope my query will not be dumb or stupid in any way. please do bear in mind i have little to no knowledge as i'm still an infant with regard to this business (:

1) i am contemplating purchasing the E07K to use in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and Shure SE215 or Rock-it R50 IEMs. is this a wise decision or will the E07K not make any difference? and am i correct to say that using the AUX-in 3.5mm on the E07K to connect to my iPhone 5 will utilize the E07K solely as an amp (and not a DAC) since the iPhone 5 will already convert the digital signals to analogue?


2) i am also wondering, although i know the E07K is classified as a headphone amp/dac, whether i can actually use it as an offboard DAC in conjunction with my laptop and my creative t40 2.0 speakers.

from reading this thread as well as others, i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

any help on my queries will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance (:

post #1230 of 1404
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyx11 View Post
 

hello all, I'm relatively new to the rather scary audiophile world, and I think I might be spared the obligatory welcome slogan since I can already attest to the strain on my wallet ):

i hope my query will not be dumb or stupid in any way. please do bear in mind i have little to no knowledge as i'm still an infant with regard to this business (:

1) i am contemplating purchasing the E07K to use in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and Shure SE215 or Rock-it R50 IEMs. is this a wise decision or will the E07K not make any difference? and am i correct to say that using the AUX-in 3.5mm on the E07K to connect to my iPhone 5 will utilize the E07K solely as an amp (and not a DAC) since the iPhone 5 will already convert the digital signals to analogue?


2) i am also wondering, although i know the E07K is classified as a headphone amp/dac, whether i can actually use it as an offboard DAC in conjunction with my laptop and my creative t40 2.0 speakers.

from reading this thread as well as others, i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

any help on my queries will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance (:

 

1) Well, an amp is to have more sound than the phone can give, since you are using IEMS you don't need it. since you can have the same "bass boost of the E07k" via the EQ

 

2)

 

i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

 

I think that's right only DAC, not the AMP.

 

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

 

It will work, this is what i do with my Fiio E7.

 

 

the differencies are:

If you use the Mini usb of the E07k => you use his DAC + AMP

If you use the L7 with the E07k => You use only the DAC of the Fiio E07k, so you can connect another beefier AMP

 

If you don't have any AMP, you don't need the L7.


Edited by Harghan - 3/4/14 at 8:32am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread