or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread - Page 79

post #1171 of 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbman View Post

So basically there is nothing I can do unless I get a old iPhone female to lightning male and then plug it in that way or through the AUX? Something like this.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ZvLLnur.jpg[/img]
Yes. That's one way to. Hook it up. The other is with a 3.5mm to 3.5mm.
post #1172 of 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke7 View Post

I'm trying to decide between a Fiio E10 and a Fiio E07K and want to ask a couple of questions:


Does the device turn itself on and off automatically when plugged into a computer as an E10 would? and
Can I use my regular pc volume controls in place of the buttons on the gadget itself? Does it affect the sound quality noticeably?

I'm asking this because i think it would be uncomfortable to always fiddle with the small buttons on the E07K if I had to turn it on and regularly change volume.
If you are using the E07K or E10 on your computer, volume will be done on those devices. I would recommend the E10 if you're using it on a computer or laptop. That's what it was made for.
post #1173 of 1670

Vs: FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post

If you are using the E07K or E10 on your computer, volume will be done on those devices. I would recommend the E10 if you're using it on a computer or laptop. That's what it was made for.
+1
Standalone E07k is good for mobile uses but as desktop amp I too recommend E10. Much easier to use.
post #1174 of 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolok View Post


+1
Standalone E07k is good for mobile uses but as desktop amp I too recommend E10. Much easier to use.

Thank you for the responses, I hoped to get more functionality out of one device but i guess if I ever actually need a portable dac I'll get one separately. Getting an E10.

post #1175 of 1670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke7 View Post
 

Thank you for the responses, I hoped to get more functionality out of one device but i guess if I ever actually need a portable dac I'll get one separately. Getting an E10.

Thanks to everyone here for helping you out.

 

But remember to buy from an authorized dealer. There are multiple multiple versions of the E10 out on the market. Only authroized guarantee you warranty and service in case something goes wrong, AND it guarantees you the latest version. 

post #1176 of 1670

can the Fiio E7 improve the overall sound quilety in my ATH M50 using Colorfly C3 (Or PC) As sound source?

 

Cheers

post #1177 of 1670

I just got this but question, why wont it bypass my computer's vol control? it bypasses my ipod classic volume.

post #1178 of 1670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post
 

I just got this but question, why wont it bypass my computer's vol control? it bypasses my ipod classic volume.

The E07K was designed to not bypass computer control.

 

However, iPod w/ LOD auto bypasses volume control as the LOD does that (it disables iPod's amp). 

 

FiiO initially allowed full computer bypass but then took it out. Keep in mind FiiO has sold over a million units and not just audiophile's use it. Many users didn't understand why the E7 was not letting their computer's work anymore (thinking it breaks it) or some other reasons and so it sparked outcry

 

The new FiiO units STILL bypass computer, HOWEVER, it allows your computer to lower volume 

post #1179 of 1670
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

The E07K was designed to not bypass computer control.

 

However, iPod w/ LOD auto bypasses volume control as the LOD does that (it disables iPod's amp). 

 

FiiO initially allowed full computer bypass but then took it out. Keep in mind FiiO has sold over a million units and not just audiophile's use it. Many users didn't understand why the E7 was not letting their computer's work anymore (thinking it breaks it) or some other reasons and so it sparked outcry

 

The new FiiO units STILL bypass computer, HOWEVER, it allows your computer to lower volume 


Ah, yeah not a big deal.

This plus the DT 770 32 ohm sounds amazing. both from my laptop and ipod classic.

post #1180 of 1670

Which sample rates should I enable on my laptop e07k settings? By default only 48khz is checked.

post #1181 of 1670
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckavelli View Post
 

Which sample rates should I enable on my laptop e07k settings? By default only 48khz is checked.

As high as you want really. Most can go 96/24 which is the highest it supports but others will get computer crashes if they do.

post #1182 of 1670

iPod classic 5g 80g on it's way... Considering the E07K. Anybody have experiences with this pairing that can tell me how it sounds/ if it's worth upgrading from the 5g alone?

post #1183 of 1670

Hello I was wondering if this is correct behavior for E7K - when charging is disabled in menu and unit is used as DAC its still seems to use battery to the point where  battery gets flat and unit shut itself down (USB connected from PC and and power saving disabled for USB) so I need to start charging  to get it working. It this correct be behavior ? or unit is faulty ? I'm bit concern with battery life in this case.

 

Thanks !  

post #1184 of 1670
Charge the battery fully if you wish to do that smily_headphones1.gif

The 80GB itself is worth considering upgrading it's amp section as it sound rather bassy and loose at the same time not sure if it's DAC or amp section though but I am guessing it's amp' problem. smily_headphones1.gif

Just my 2 cent
Billson smily_headphones1.gif
post #1185 of 1670

Hello everyone, I someone can really help me.

 

I have been a very happy Andes E07K user for almost a whole year, until last Thanksgiving. I accidentally dropped my Fiio from my dining table to the carpeted floor. At first I thought is was fine. Since I was getting ready for the big dinner, I didn't test it right away. Anyways, a few days later, after all my out-of-town family guest had left, I finally had a chance to use it. To my horror, it would not play music. When connected to my Macbook Pro (MBP), all I could hear was a slow pulsing sound with some floor noise then a beep, then a 3-sec silence, then it would start all over again. So in my panic, I quickly turned it off. 

 

So now I tried to figure out when it made that noise. First I connected my headphones 1st without a source: No noise.

 

Then I turned it off, connected it to my MBP. A few seconds after I turned on the power button, that evil sequence of noise started up again. So I quickly turned it off, and unplugged it from my MBP. So then I tried connecting my iPhone 5s to the Andes unit via the 3mm port at the bottom of the Andes. Once I turned it on, that horrible noise came on again. So I quickly turned it off. I thought maybe the 3.5mm port I was using was bad, so I used the 2nd port. Same thing, noise happened. So I turned it off. 

 

But now, when I try to turn it on, the Andes would quickly turn on then turn off. So I thought it might be low on power. so I charged it up using a generic 5v 500mA USB wall plug. And that seemed to work fine as the charge light would turn on. 

 

 Now I try to turn it on, and it doesn't even power up, no led lights come on, nor any sort of sound or beep. When I connect it to the cable to the wall plug, even the charge led won't light up. 

 

Any one have any idea what's going on? 

 

I e-mailed Fiio several times during the last week of Dec and a few times last month, in Jan. But I have not received any responses! This is so frustrating.  I've been trying to get some sort of tech support from them, and even requested for any contacts as to where i might be able to send this unit in for repair. Still no answer. Is there a better way of contacting Fiio? 

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

-Flipboy02

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread