Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › iTunes 11
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iTunes 11 - Page 4

post #46 of 124
Thank you! Just did it, great, I really appreciate your help. And just did an album, all worked perfectly, thank you so much for taking the time to help me !
Edited by ianmedium - 12/3/12 at 6:57pm
post #47 of 124

beerchug.gif

post #48 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

Thank you! Just did it, great, I really appreciate your help. And just did an album, all worked perfectly, thank you so much for taking the time to help me !

My apologies for not being able to give you proper directions at first. However, I'm glad to learn all worked well either way. smile.gif

post #49 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

The sound should not be any different unless iTunes is either applying a DSP or not sending bit perfect, though I am pretty sure that it automatically sends bit perfect by default on Windows. Unless there is a DSP going on, which I doubt, then any perceived audible differences are just placebo.

Thanks for injecting your opinion.

 

Forget any change in sound, I don't like it aesthetically. Although, the mini player has some nice functionality. Hopefully

I'll get use to the looks over time.

post #50 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroysall View Post

My apologies for not being able to give you proper directions at first. However, I'm glad to learn all worked well either way. smile.gif


No worries mate, I was amazed to find the answer so quickly!
post #51 of 124

I have a Hackintosh with a Fiio E10 and Klipsch THX Promedia 2.1 speakers.  I immediately heard a difference.  Like others said, it sounds better but I can't put my finger on it ...

post #52 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post

it looked fine after installing it, but after the next reboot it had the problem

i miss the info bar at the bottom of itunes 10, where it showed how many songs, hours, and size
is there any way of getting it back?

Of course! View > Show Status Bar

Or Command > /
post #53 of 124
Hey guys,

Can someone help me?


Using iTunes 10 I noticed a bug, that really was a dealbreaker. I used the grid view with artists so there were this squares with artists, doubled-clicked them and it showed all the albums by them.
I love to sort albums by year, so I clicked "Album by artist/Year" on the column (once inside an artist), everything is good until you play a song. Leave the artist page and when you enter any other one it sorts it back to alphabetical order. Dissapointing.

Now that I upgraded I hate the new Artists view. So I use Albums, which is the same layout except you see albums. So I'm trying to figure out how to set them by year once you open the album's "folder" (that's the layout for an opened folder in iOS), because there's no column.

Any help?


Some examples:


post #54 of 124

Do you mean sort the albums of the same artist by year while using Albums mode?

 

In Albums mode > View > View Options > small box with two things shows up and then Sort by: Artist, then: Year.  Keeps me in alphabetical order by artist and then by year.

 

Maybe that's not what you meant...

 

 

700

post #55 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Do you mean sort the albums of the same artist by year while using Albums mode?

In Albums mode > View > View Options > small box with two things shows up and then Sort by: Artist, then: Year.  Keeps me in alphabetical order by artist and then by year.

Maybe that's not what you meant...



Yes! That's exactly what I meant! I forgot you could also do it from view.
post #56 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

Do you mean sort the albums of the same artist by year while using Albums mode?

In Albums mode > View > View Options > small box with two things shows up and then Sort by: Artist, then: Year.  Keeps me in alphabetical order by artist and then by year.

Maybe that's not what you meant...



Best thing is, they got rid of the bug.
post #57 of 124

I'm on a roll!

 

Good news about the bug I guess, though I never experienced it.

post #58 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

I'm on a roll!

Good news about the bug I guess, though I never experienced it.

Well, that's weird, cause I checked in hundreds of websites and they all explained it was a bug. Maybe that's why Apple noticed.
post #59 of 124

I've always used Albums mode and never bothered to sort by year, but by the default title.  Just because honestly I never cared enough to sort things by year.  So this was a discovery for me, and now I can sort things by year also.  As it should be by default in my opinion!  It did bug me a bit, but like I said, didn't care enough.

post #60 of 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eee Pee View Post

I've always used Albums mode and never bothered to sort by year, but by the default title.  Just because honestly I never cared enough to sort things by year.  So this was a discovery for me, and now I can sort things by year also.  As it should be by default in my opinion!  It did bug me a bit, but like I said, didn't care enough.

That's why you never experienced it smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › iTunes 11