- 34 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Beijing
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?
Poll Results: Preferred music format
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You should rename the thread to "What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?", as the lack of FLAC, APE and OGG is inexcusable. Otherwise, you're just misleading people into thinking it's a poll about all available audio formats.
If you're using an iPod, AAC is your best bet. A 256kbps AAC file is not audibly different from lossless or uncompressed, and you save both battery life and space by using it over apple lossless files. WAV , AIFF and ALAC(Apple lossless) are all technically the same when played back, and they all take up too much space. I don't think that WAV and AIFF drain your battery like ALAC does though.
Edited by chewy4 - 11/30/12 at 2:28pm
You should do some ABX testing in foobar to see for yourself if that's necessary before doing anything like re-ripping all your CD's.
- What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › Magnat LZR series 5 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 8 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 8 minutes ago
- › Onkyo teams up with Iron Maiden 9 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2