- 34 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Beijing
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?
Poll Results: Preferred music format
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You should rename the thread to "What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?", as the lack of FLAC, APE and OGG is inexcusable. Otherwise, you're just misleading people into thinking it's a poll about all available audio formats.
If you're using an iPod, AAC is your best bet. A 256kbps AAC file is not audibly different from lossless or uncompressed, and you save both battery life and space by using it over apple lossless files. WAV , AIFF and ALAC(Apple lossless) are all technically the same when played back, and they all take up too much space. I don't think that WAV and AIFF drain your battery like ALAC does though.
Edited by chewy4 - 11/30/12 at 2:28pm
You should do some ABX testing in foobar to see for yourself if that's necessary before doing anything like re-ripping all your CD's.
- What kind of iPod-compatible format do you prefer?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 4 minutes ago
- › PRICE DROP > Fostex TH-600 (Lawton Level 1) 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 7 minutes ago
- › How To Disassemble Logitech Ultimate Ears 9000 Headphones - Battery... 8 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 9 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 12 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)