Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Could someone recommend a Amp for LCD-3? Thank you!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Could someone recommend a Amp for LCD-3? Thank you!!!!!!

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 

Hi

I really really really want to find a suitable amp for LCD-3.My budget is about $2500.I'considering GS-X and WA22 with tubes upgrade,I'm confused about them.Could someone give me some suggestions?and some other amps recommend?Thank you very much!

Best wishes!


Edited by LYT1209 - 11/30/12 at 6:17am
post #2 of 18

Why not try the Burson Audio Soloist?  A review can be found here.  I have always been pleased by the products put out by Burson Audio.

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/burson-audio-soloist-headphone-amplifier

 

Keep in mind the unit does not have a DAC so if you need one you will have to order that as well.  I suggest the the HeadRoom Micro DAC @ $320.

 

Total Cost:

Burson Audio Soloist @ $880

HeadRoom Mciro Amp @ $320

Various interconnects @ $100

---------------------------------------------

$1220 US

 

You will have a separate DAC, separate amp, and plenty of power to drive almost anything out there.

 

Micro Amp Page:

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/headroom-micro-dac.php

post #3 of 18
post #4 of 18

I read the other day that Justin is reworking the GS-X so hold on for that one!  I own a Liquid Fire w/LCD2's and will be moving on to 3's at some point soon.  Sounds incredible for sure.  I did own a WA22 w/tube ups before the LF.

post #5 of 18

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632948/the-headamp-gs-x-thread/210

 

Here's the GSX thread.  Looks cool!

post #6 of 18
SPL Phonitor, top pro audio quality with the best cross-feed. smily_headphones1.gif
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

I read the other day that Justin is reworking the GS-X so hold on for that one! 

 

Unlike regular companies, with HeadAmp you want on the list BEFORE its done ;)  I believe there is still 1 left on this run.  Next run will cost more and not be ready for another year :p

post #8 of 18

Maybe keep powder dry for Schiit statement amp.

post #9 of 18

I would go with the GS-X over the Woo WA22.  I'm just saying..biggrin.gif

post #10 of 18

I'd second that having owned the WA22.  Of course I'm a Liquid Fire guy all the way.

post #11 of 18

New LF run hitting early next year. That's the way I'd go. It was easily my pick with the LCD 2.2. 

 

Synergy at it's finest, I'd say.

post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

New LF run hitting early next year. That's the way I'd go. It was easily my pick with the LCD 2.2. 

 

Synergy at it's finest, I'd say.

 

I didn't like the LCD 2s with the LF, too "smooth" for my taste.

post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

 

Unlike regular companies, with HeadAmp you want on the list BEFORE its done ;)  I believe there is still 1 left on this run.  Next run will cost more and not be ready for another year :p

 

i've already ordered the parts for the next run ;).  so hopefully no more than 2-3 months between.  but yes the price will go up a bit as i held the price of the old version for the first orders only.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

Reply
post #14 of 18

There's quite a few owners that'd disagree with you. wink.gif But more opinions is always good. What source did you hear it with just for curiosity sake.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubar View Post

 

I didn't like the LCD 2s with the LF, too "smooth" for my taste.

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

There's quite a few owners that'd disagree with you. wink.gif But more opinions is always good. What source did you hear it with just for curiosity sake.

 

X2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Could someone recommend a Amp for LCD-3? Thank you!!!!!!