My friend has a pair of Beats Solo HDs and the ****ty plastic headband is cracking. He is going to replace them with another pair, but I want to tell him what other phones he should get instead of those pieces of overpriced plastic. Ideas?
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltimate Ears UE6000 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-100tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for electronic music / glasses wearer Last post on 4/14/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- So many to choose Last post on 12/5/12 at 6:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Suggestions Requested: Transition from SHURE SE535 Special Edition to Portable Closed-Back Headphone Last post on 11/3/12 at 5:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs.post #1 of 1811/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1811/29/12 at 7:27ampost #3 of 1811/29/12 at 8:00amThread Starter
The budget would be anything the same or less than the Beats Solo HDs and music genre is mostly drum and bass pendulum type stuff. In terms of design, anything closed will do.post #4 of 1811/29/12 at 8:02amAs nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.
But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.post #5 of 1812/2/12 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 1812/2/12 at 5:12pm
DO it! This is what I came to this thread to say haha
If you have the money and don't need noise isolation or portability the D5000's are amazing, hands down my favorite right now, but I'm guessing you need at least one of those, do id say M80, M100 or UE6000's. The M80's in black are $150 on amazon right now FROM AMAZON not 3rd party.
Then just give the solos to some little kid who will probably break them haha.post #7 of 1812/2/12 at 5:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monir
As nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.
But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.
This. Miles better than what he's currently using.post #8 of 1812/3/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #9 of 1812/3/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Maybe you should Beat some sense into himpost #10 of 1812/3/12 at 9:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 1812/3/12 at 11:15ampost #12 of 1812/3/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Wait so what is he getting? LOL
Does he not like the M80's or UE 6000's? They should be blinky enough. At least try to get him into the Studio's instead of the solos.post #13 of 1812/4/12 at 7:26amThread StarterQuote:
I believe they're the studios. Either way, they're still beats..post #14 of 1812/4/12 at 9:01ampost #15 of 1812/4/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
Yeah so there boomy and over priced but at least it kinda sounds like music the Solo's are like muffled poo.
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 13 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH- ES 10 Appreciation Thread!! 14 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 19 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 41 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Question about amps for the Stax SR-009 2 minutes ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this forum. Could I get some much needed advice? 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude