My friend has a pair of Beats Solo HDs and the ****ty plastic headband is cracking. He is going to replace them with another pair, but I want to tell him what other phones he should get instead of those pieces of overpriced plastic. Ideas?
Related Forum Threads
- Recomend me more headphones that sound how I want them to. (Denon D-5000's) Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best closed headphone setup for less than $400 Last post on 12/30/12 at 10:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Logitech ue 6000, Monster Inspiration or V-Moda crossfade Lp2? Last post on 5/26/13 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommendations for electronic music / glasses wearer Last post on 4/14/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- What to get for Christmas? Last post on 12/6/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs.post #1 of 1811/29/12 at 7:22amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 1811/29/12 at 7:27ampost #3 of 1811/29/12 at 8:00amThread Starter
The budget would be anything the same or less than the Beats Solo HDs and music genre is mostly drum and bass pendulum type stuff. In terms of design, anything closed will do.post #4 of 1811/29/12 at 8:02amAs nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.
But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.post #5 of 1812/2/12 at 4:15amThread Starterpost #6 of 1812/2/12 at 5:12pm
DO it! This is what I came to this thread to say haha
If you have the money and don't need noise isolation or portability the D5000's are amazing, hands down my favorite right now, but I'm guessing you need at least one of those, do id say M80, M100 or UE6000's. The M80's in black are $150 on amazon right now FROM AMAZON not 3rd party.
Then just give the solos to some little kid who will probably break them haha.post #7 of 1812/2/12 at 5:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Monir
As nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.
But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.
This. Miles better than what he's currently using.post #8 of 1812/3/12 at 9:14amThread Starterpost #9 of 1812/3/12 at 9:39amQuote:
Maybe you should Beat some sense into himpost #10 of 1812/3/12 at 9:44amThread Starterpost #11 of 1812/3/12 at 11:15ampost #12 of 1812/3/12 at 11:40amQuote:
Wait so what is he getting? LOL
Does he not like the M80's or UE 6000's? They should be blinky enough. At least try to get him into the Studio's instead of the solos.post #13 of 1812/4/12 at 7:26amThread StarterQuote:
I believe they're the studios. Either way, they're still beats..post #14 of 1812/4/12 at 9:01ampost #15 of 1812/4/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
Yeah so there boomy and over priced but at least it kinda sounds like music the Solo's are like muffled poo.
- Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado Fan Club! 50 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E11 - UK/Europe - You pay for shipping only 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 3 minutes ago
- › pupDAC Step-by-Step Build Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Studio Review 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob