- 124 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz R1tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFischer Audio Tandemtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 12/3/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12More
- productPhilips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Smart Headset for Sony Xperia S / P / Arc / Arc S / Ion / Neo / NXT / Play Mobile Phones with SmartKey Control - Blacktagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTDK BA200tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, this is my firest review on Head-Fi. My name is Jonny, I'm 23. Masters student studying Future Design, I work part time in my local phone store and I've been in love with audio since I was...
I would like to thank Christian from plusSound for providing the X8 GPC in return for my honest opinion. Introduction PlusSound started making cables around 2012, and has consistently been...
I've recentlty bougth them for office. All i wanted was a pair of fairly decent cans within the budget ive prepaired for this occasion. Unboxing was a surprise, in the package we get a nice pair...
If you are a bass head and like still like to hear to rest of the music, then this Burson V4 could be for you. Charles at Burson had offered the V5 in exchange for a honest evaluation. I did...
Preamble: Founded just last year in 2015, ORIVETI (http://www.oriveti.com/) is still a new company on the market that is however not new to the audio business, having members in their...
Best IEM for under $100? - Page 2post #16 of 2612/1/12 at 11:03pmThe S4 isn't necessarily bad. For the majority of people, they will do just fine. For people looking for sonic supremacy under $100, you can do a whole lot better. But again, if you're not looking to plunge into the abyss of audiophilia, the S4 will probably suit your needs.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 2612/1/12 at 11:37pm
I just don't understand why you'd spend $40 on an IEM that doesn't sound near as good as one that's $10 cheaper plus they both have close to the same sound signature with the S4 just having brighter highs than the MH1C. There's many more options at the price point the OP is looking at that getting the S4 is just selling your self short imo.
The S4 was my first over $30 IEM back in the day but if I knew about Head Fi and found IEM's around the same price that sound much better I would have never bought them. When I got my HF5 I gave my niece the S4 the next day.post #18 of 2612/1/12 at 11:45pmpost #19 of 2612/1/12 at 11:54pm
I would highly advise against the S4; they're ridiculously bassy and are prone to sibilance (used my friend's, he also regrets buying it). Better options would be:
Brainwavz M4 ($28.50 when on sale)
U/V-shaped sound but are fun to listen to
HifiMan RE-0 ($50.00)
Incredible clarity/detail, but might need amping
VSonic GR06 ($45.00)
Mid-centric sound, got it for my bro (I never auditioned them)
Sony MH1C ($30.00)
I own them, pretty bang-for-the-buck (doesn't really do much wrong at that price range, but has too much bass for
my tastes. I'm coming from an RE-ZERO and an Etymotic HF3 though, so take my point on bass with only a grain of salt).post #20 of 266/14/13 at 11:17am
The Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 is no slouch and around $56 SHIPPED.
I have the CKM50 which is no where near as good as the CKM500 and I'm VERY HAPPY....there is not one genre it doesn't excel at.
For reference I also own the AD700 for reference so I know the AT house sound.
CKM77 is another option with a bit more of a bass tilted signature.
I have a pair of CKM500 on order so I'm walking the walk.post #21 of 266/18/13 at 10:28pmpost #22 of 266/18/13 at 10:29pmpost #23 of 266/25/13 at 1:10am
I also want to recommend Sony's MH1C like several others have as well as Ficsher Audio's stuff.
Regarding the replacement of your phone I am going to say that the Nexus or the S4 will definitely be better than the iPhone 5.
I'm not saying this because I am a Korean and anti-apple. I'm saying this because I have directly compared them before.post #24 of 267/28/13 at 6:15pmpost #25 of 267/28/13 at 7:47pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 7 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 27 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSine 20 by AudioJunki3
- › PlusSound X8 IEM Cable by flinkenick
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by d1554573r
- › Supreme Sound Opamp V4 by snellemin
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by HiFiChris
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by cleg
- › Meze 11 Neo by mgunin
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear