- 85 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz R1tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFischer Audio Tandemtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 12/3/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12More
- productPhilips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Smart Headset for Sony Xperia S / P / Arc / Arc S / Ion / Neo / NXT / Play Mobile Phones with SmartKey Control - Blacktagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTDK BA200tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEM for under $100? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't understand why you'd spend $40 on an IEM that doesn't sound near as good as one that's $10 cheaper plus they both have close to the same sound signature with the S4 just having brighter highs than the MH1C. There's many more options at the price point the OP is looking at that getting the S4 is just selling your self short imo.
The S4 was my first over $30 IEM back in the day but if I knew about Head Fi and found IEM's around the same price that sound much better I would have never bought them. When I got my HF5 I gave my niece the S4 the next day.
I would highly advise against the S4; they're ridiculously bassy and are prone to sibilance (used my friend's, he also regrets buying it). Better options would be:
Brainwavz M4 ($28.50 when on sale)
U/V-shaped sound but are fun to listen to
HifiMan RE-0 ($50.00)
Incredible clarity/detail, but might need amping
VSonic GR06 ($45.00)
Mid-centric sound, got it for my bro (I never auditioned them)
Sony MH1C ($30.00)
I own them, pretty bang-for-the-buck (doesn't really do much wrong at that price range, but has too much bass for
my tastes. I'm coming from an RE-ZERO and an Etymotic HF3 though, so take my point on bass with only a grain of salt).
The Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 is no slouch and around $56 SHIPPED.
I have the CKM50 which is no where near as good as the CKM500 and I'm VERY HAPPY....there is not one genre it doesn't excel at.
For reference I also own the AD700 for reference so I know the AT house sound.
CKM77 is another option with a bit more of a bass tilted signature.
I have a pair of CKM500 on order so I'm walking the walk.
I also want to recommend Sony's MH1C like several others have as well as Ficsher Audio's stuff.
Regarding the replacement of your phone I am going to say that the Nexus or the S4 will definitely be better than the iPhone 5.
I'm not saying this because I am a Korean and anti-apple. I'm saying this because I have directly compared them before.
- Best IEM for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-800 Headphones, Excellent 4 minutes ago
- › For Sale: HiFiMan HE-400i 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones for 50$ 7 minutes ago
- › Foobar2000 Dolby Headphone config - Comment & discuss! 8 minutes ago
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2