- 77 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz R1tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFischer Audio Tandemtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 12/3/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12More
- productPhilips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Smart Headset for Sony Xperia S / P / Arc / Arc S / Ion / Neo / NXT / Play Mobile Phones with SmartKey Control - Blacktagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTDK BA200tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEM for under $100? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't understand why you'd spend $40 on an IEM that doesn't sound near as good as one that's $10 cheaper plus they both have close to the same sound signature with the S4 just having brighter highs than the MH1C. There's many more options at the price point the OP is looking at that getting the S4 is just selling your self short imo.
The S4 was my first over $30 IEM back in the day but if I knew about Head Fi and found IEM's around the same price that sound much better I would have never bought them. When I got my HF5 I gave my niece the S4 the next day.
I would highly advise against the S4; they're ridiculously bassy and are prone to sibilance (used my friend's, he also regrets buying it). Better options would be:
Brainwavz M4 ($28.50 when on sale)
U/V-shaped sound but are fun to listen to
HifiMan RE-0 ($50.00)
Incredible clarity/detail, but might need amping
VSonic GR06 ($45.00)
Mid-centric sound, got it for my bro (I never auditioned them)
Sony MH1C ($30.00)
I own them, pretty bang-for-the-buck (doesn't really do much wrong at that price range, but has too much bass for
my tastes. I'm coming from an RE-ZERO and an Etymotic HF3 though, so take my point on bass with only a grain of salt).
The Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 is no slouch and around $56 SHIPPED.
I have the CKM50 which is no where near as good as the CKM500 and I'm VERY HAPPY....there is not one genre it doesn't excel at.
For reference I also own the AD700 for reference so I know the AT house sound.
CKM77 is another option with a bit more of a bass tilted signature.
I have a pair of CKM500 on order so I'm walking the walk.
I also want to recommend Sony's MH1C like several others have as well as Ficsher Audio's stuff.
Regarding the replacement of your phone I am going to say that the Nexus or the S4 will definitely be better than the iPhone 5.
I'm not saying this because I am a Korean and anti-apple. I'm saying this because I have directly compared them before.
- Best IEM for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics,... 4 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 14 seconds ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 43 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 45 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 51 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Are the DX100 and AK100 Worth it? 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find the best way to solve a problem 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe