- 86 Posts. Joined 6/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
- productA161P Balanced Armature In-Ear (MEEA161P) -tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-CKM500 BK | Inner Headphones (Japan Import)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productBrainwavz R1tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productFischer Audio Tandemtagged by System, 12/3/12
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 12/3/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 12/3/12
- productJVC HA-FX40-B Earphone - KV6902tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productKlipsch Image S4i Premium Noise-Isolating Headset with 3-Button Apple Controltagged by System, 12/3/12
- productLogitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones - Dark Silvertagged by System, 12/3/12More
- productPhilips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 12/3/12
- productSony MH1C Smart Headset for Sony Xperia S / P / Arc / Arc S / Ion / Neo / NXT / Play Mobile Phones with SmartKey Control - Blacktagged by System, 12/3/12
- productTDK BA200tagged by System, 12/3/12
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 12/3/12
- productVSonic GR06 Pro Dynamic Noise Isolation Earphones Earbudstagged by System, 12/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's for electronic/house music under $100 Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Want to buy IEM under 80USD. Which one should be good? Last post on 11/29/12 at 11:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend me a good IEM without an AMP and etc. Last post on 9/16/12 at 10:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs with forward mids (budget around 70$) Last post on 9/21/12 at 8:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best IEM for under $100? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just don't understand why you'd spend $40 on an IEM that doesn't sound near as good as one that's $10 cheaper plus they both have close to the same sound signature with the S4 just having brighter highs than the MH1C. There's many more options at the price point the OP is looking at that getting the S4 is just selling your self short imo.
The S4 was my first over $30 IEM back in the day but if I knew about Head Fi and found IEM's around the same price that sound much better I would have never bought them. When I got my HF5 I gave my niece the S4 the next day.
I would highly advise against the S4; they're ridiculously bassy and are prone to sibilance (used my friend's, he also regrets buying it). Better options would be:
Brainwavz M4 ($28.50 when on sale)
U/V-shaped sound but are fun to listen to
HifiMan RE-0 ($50.00)
Incredible clarity/detail, but might need amping
VSonic GR06 ($45.00)
Mid-centric sound, got it for my bro (I never auditioned them)
Sony MH1C ($30.00)
I own them, pretty bang-for-the-buck (doesn't really do much wrong at that price range, but has too much bass for
my tastes. I'm coming from an RE-ZERO and an Etymotic HF3 though, so take my point on bass with only a grain of salt).
The Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 is no slouch and around $56 SHIPPED.
I have the CKM50 which is no where near as good as the CKM500 and I'm VERY HAPPY....there is not one genre it doesn't excel at.
For reference I also own the AD700 for reference so I know the AT house sound.
CKM77 is another option with a bit more of a bass tilted signature.
I have a pair of CKM500 on order so I'm walking the walk.
I also want to recommend Sony's MH1C like several others have as well as Ficsher Audio's stuff.
Regarding the replacement of your phone I am going to say that the Nexus or the S4 will definitely be better than the iPhone 5.
I'm not saying this because I am a Korean and anti-apple. I'm saying this because I have directly compared them before.
- Best IEM for under $100?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X1 or Fiio X3 7 seconds ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 36 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 43 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2