I have a premium account on Spotify (320kbps), playing from my iMac, with Audio Technica M50s, but would a headphone amp boost the quality?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is better, the E7/E9 or the E17/E9? Last post on 7/18/12 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9) Last post on 8/28/13 at 8:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable Amp, which to go with? Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 611/28/12 at 9:45pmpost #3 of 611/29/12 at 1:16amQuote:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.
Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.
Edited by Gnomeplay - 11/29/12 at 1:17ampost #4 of 611/29/12 at 6:52am
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.post #5 of 611/30/12 at 1:46am
I think here it's more about adding a DAC (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound?
I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)post #6 of 611/30/12 at 1:50amQuote:Quote:
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Replacement cable for V-MODA M100 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 1 minute ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Lambda Thread 4 minutes ago
- › London Head-Fi Meet Up - Summer 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 6 minutes ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)