I have a premium account on Spotify (320kbps), playing from my iMac, with Audio Technica M50s, but would a headphone amp boost the quality?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is better, the E7/E9 or the E17/E9? Last post on 7/18/12 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9) Last post on 8/28/13 at 8:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable Amp, which to go with? Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 611/28/12 at 9:45pmpost #3 of 611/29/12 at 1:16amQuote:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.
Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.
Edited by Gnomeplay - 11/29/12 at 1:17ampost #4 of 611/29/12 at 6:52am
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.post #5 of 611/30/12 at 1:46am
I think here it's more about adding a DAC (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound?
I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)post #6 of 611/30/12 at 1:50amQuote:Quote:
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › Megahertz amp for Taket H2, combo with the headphone. 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Which DAC would be a better buy? 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit One S 6 minutes ago
- › Taket H2 + Megahertz amp dedicate (combo) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)