I have a premium account on Spotify (320kbps), playing from my iMac, with Audio Technica M50s, but would a headphone amp boost the quality?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is better, the E7/E9 or the E17/E9? Last post on 7/18/12 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9) Last post on 8/28/13 at 8:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable Amp, which to go with? Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 611/28/12 at 9:45pmpost #3 of 611/29/12 at 1:16amQuote:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.
Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.
Edited by Gnomeplay - 11/29/12 at 1:17ampost #4 of 611/29/12 at 6:52am
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.post #5 of 611/30/12 at 1:46am
I think here it's more about adding a DAC (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound?
I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)post #6 of 611/30/12 at 1:50amQuote:Quote:
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman HE500 with Focus Pads 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › HE-400 bass not as present as I expected 1 minute ago
- › Onboard audio or External soundcard or DAC??? 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › My Music Server! 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Volume settings when using PC + DAC + Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)