I have a premium account on Spotify (320kbps), playing from my iMac, with Audio Technica M50s, but would a headphone amp boost the quality?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is better, the E7/E9 or the E17/E9? Last post on 7/18/12 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9) Last post on 8/28/13 at 8:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable Amp, which to go with? Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
- Headphone Impedance
Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.
Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.
Edited by Gnomeplay - 11/29/12 at 1:17am
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.
I think here it's more about adding a DAC (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound?
I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Funny comments from the forums. 32 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 42 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Zero Audio BX700 Doppio 3 minutes ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 8 minutes ago
- › [Preview] FiiO E18 Kunlun – Surprise, Surprise. 10 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)