I have a premium account on Spotify (320kbps), playing from my iMac, with Audio Technica M50s, but would a headphone amp boost the quality?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E09Ktagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E10tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/30/12
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 11/30/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 11/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need alternatives for my HD650! Last post on 11/4/12 at 10:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What is better, the E7/E9 or the E17/E9? Last post on 7/18/12 at 6:18pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9) Last post on 8/28/13 at 8:32am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Amp/DAC?? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Portable Amp, which to go with? Last post on 10/11/13 at 5:07pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 611/28/12 at 9:45pmpost #3 of 611/29/12 at 1:16amQuote:
Having them with an amp I'd actually have to disagree. It's tightened up the lower end quite a bit as well as gave them a more forward sound.
Just my personal experience. Running mine from an E17.
Edited by Gnomeplay - 11/29/12 at 1:17ampost #4 of 611/29/12 at 6:52am
An amp will always increase the quality of sound no matter what phones you have, though this is to varying degrees. however please be careful, because one you fall in love with your setup, it gets so hard to resist the constant upgrade urge once you hear 'hifi' for the first time.post #5 of 611/30/12 at 1:46am
I think here it's more about adding a DAC (like the Fiio E10/17 are) than an amp. This could, I guess, give him a better Hifi sound?
I am actually in the same position, but for a PC with an integrated chip (ATH M50 also). :)post #6 of 611/30/12 at 1:50amQuote:Quote:
I agree with these two, an amp wouldn't really make a difference. However, a DAC will allow you to get "cleaner" sound. I would suggest a fiio, such as th E7/10/17 but if you wanted an amp go for a FiiO E9/E09k
- Would purchasing a headphone amp just for Spotify make a difference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Looking for a 2.0 Active speakers w/ Headphone Amp built in 29 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 34 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 59 seconds ago
- › Good ADC/DAC with RCA inputs 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2