Neutron only has 4 EQ bands, but they can be set to any exact frequency you desire. Mmmmmm
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 6/12/13 at 3:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Best android music player app? - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I am even cheaper than you. I used DroidWall to block it from accessing the internet such that I can keep using it for free...
Has anyone tried Soundbest? This app does a 90 second audio response (hearing) test, then generates "optimized eq settings for comfortable and rich sound" for you. Lite version you cannot adjust the auto generated eq, maybe in the full version you can.
The only headphones i wish i could adjust the auto eq with were my AKG 301. The 3 IEMs i tried it with sound much more spacious and balanced to my ears after running the test.
I find myself using this app a bit more then neutron. YMMV.
Interesting find yesterday from AppSales (great app in itself!) - GoneMAD Music Player. Extremely feature-rich, and does a few things better than PowerAMP (10-band parametric EQ is a bit more granular, and can read Album Artist tags properly according to many of the reviews in the Play Store and I recall that was extremely important to some here). Has a two week trial period, and the unlocker is presently on sale (although not for much longer I think). No idea about SQ as yet, but overall seems like a very high quality package.
Edited by NZtechfreak - 2/10/13 at 6:24pm
I tried quite a few about 6 months ago and settled on Neutron. To me, there was a noticeable difference in SQ over apps like Player Pro, PowerAmp and Winamp. Neutron's UI could certainly be a bit better, but once you get it down it's not so bad. Having said that, I am always on the lookout for a music app that is feature rich and has a nice UI and sound quality - I think jetAudio might be that app. The basic version has plenty of options to play with and includes a 10 band eq. The plus version ($3.99) boasts a 20 band eq and unlocks some other features as well. I'll try to post back here if I end up paying for the plus version.
Thanks for the rec, NZtechfreak. I'll check that out for sure.
But as I said, I didn't mess with Neutron much. I'll play with it again when I have some serious time to do so.
Hehe, that's probably my problem... I'm by no means an audiophile, just really getting into the world of hi-fi, so the last time I messed around I got a bit lost. As I learn more, though, I'll be able to put that knowledge to good use.
- Best android music player app?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 1 second ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 20 seconds ago
- › Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound... 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › iFi New Product Launch. iDSD - The Future of Portable Computer... 2 minutes ago
- › $600 Classical and Opera headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 6 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi