or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best android music player app?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best android music player app? - Page 14

post #196 of 543

Just curious if all players support random album playback? I was really enjoying the feature during 4 hours long trip today. When one album was finished the player randomly selected another, so I didn't touch telephone at all. Surprisingly could listen to couple albums I usually miss. Battery life was good as well. I accepted couple call during drive and after 4 hours of use phone is still ready for another standby day. Finally Android killed iPod classic as in storage as in flexibility of playback as in quality.

post #197 of 543
I know Poweramp has it, and I know Play Music doesn't have it.
post #198 of 543

It looks like poweramp has every possible feature. I hope they will fix playback quality to be suitable player for audiophiles as well.

post #199 of 543

I use Google Play Music. Despite the awful icon (I only mention this because it used to be a really nice icon, then they made it bright orange), the app has just gotten better and better. And I subscribe to the $7.99/month streaming service. The latest update added an "I'm feeling lucky radio" button that is just awesome, as I get introduced to new music that is like what I listen to. 

post #200 of 543

Yes, it is neat feature to know more music genres and performers. You are certainly getting lucky  man. Unfortunately my phone doesn't have Internet connection so I am out of the game and need to spend time digging different music lovers forums.

post #201 of 543
Its rare to find people who like GMusic. I find it not bad, and the new Holo UI is very good, but it has problems with tags and is slightly feature lacking compared to its brethren. Just my 2 cents
post #202 of 543

I recently got a Samsung Note 3, and the inbuilt music player has a feature called "Adapt sound", which basically customizes the EQ curve according to ones hearing perception of various frequencies..

 

I loved this feature as it compensates for one's hearing pitfalls, and the result sounds more detailed to my ears.

 

Are there any music player apps that have such an option of customizing the EQ curve according to one's hearing perception?

post #203 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth R View Post
 

I recently got a Samsung Note 3, and the inbuilt music player has a feature called "Adapt sound", which basically customizes the EQ curve according to ones hearing perception of various frequencies..

 

I loved this feature as it compensates for one's hearing pitfalls, and the result sounds more detailed to my ears.

 

Are there any music player apps that have such an option of customizing the EQ curve according to one's hearing perception?


That sounds awesome.

post #204 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECHA View Post
 

Yes, it is neat feature to know more music genres and performers. You are certainly getting lucky  man. Unfortunately my phone doesn't have Internet connection so I am out of the game and need to spend time digging different music lovers forums.

 

Yeah, definitely not the player I would choose without a good (and unlimited) data plan

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor5cl View Post

Its rare to find people who like GMusic. I find it not bad, and the new Holo UI is very good, but it has problems with tags and is slightly feature lacking compared to its brethren. Just my 2 cents

 

Well, All Access and the I'm Feeling Lucky button are features that nothing else has. :wink_face: 

 

Also, I am not saying that it doesn't have issues with tags, but I haven't run in to any.


Edited by reginalb - 10/22/13 at 6:06am
post #205 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashanth R View Post
 

I recently got a Samsung Note 3, and the inbuilt music player has a feature called "Adapt sound", which basically customizes the EQ curve according to ones hearing perception of various frequencies..

 

I loved this feature as it compensates for one's hearing pitfalls, and the result sounds more detailed to my ears.

 

Are there any music player apps that have such an option of customizing the EQ curve according to one's hearing perception?

 

Isn't that what everyone uses an EQ for? :confused: 

 

Edit- Ah, it uses a program to test your hearing over the full Freq range and automatically adjusts the EQ accordingly.

post #206 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalb View Post

Well, All Access and the I'm Feeling Lucky button are features that nothing else has. wink_face.gif  

That's the only thing I would use it for, the streaming and radio stuff, that is until sthe big G finally releases the API so people can integrate into other players.
post #207 of 543

Hello,

 

What smartphone do you use? How to connect or whith which DAC I could bypass the phones internal DAC?

 

I like using Power Amp as well. But started to think about getting a DAP. But so many issues about firmeware and slow IU, can´t send certain files via Coax and DAP doesn´t remember at track positions,...

 

Could I still use PowerAmps EQ when connected to DAC? Looks like a cheaper and easier to handle solution...

 

:beyersmile: that´s what I am looking for

post #208 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post
 

Lots of posts and threads on this topic here already.

 

For pure sound quality people are going to recommend Neutron Music Player.

 

For overall SQ+features+UI you will get recommended a mix of PowerAMP and Player Pro.

 

There are dozens of other players but it is unusual to be recommended any outside of these three.

 

I use PowerAMP myself, but I'm doing all my listening via USB DAC/amp, so SQ is all handled off-device.

Hello,

 

What smartphone do you use? How to connect or whith which DAC I could bypass the phones internal DAC?

 

I like using Power Amp as well. But started to think about getting a DAP. But so many issues about firmeware and slow IU, can´t send certain files via Coax and DAP doesn´t remember at track positions,...

 

Could I still use PowerAmps EQ when connected to DAC? Looks like a cheaper and easier to handle solution...

 

:beyersmile: that´s what I am looking for

post #209 of 543
If you're using USB audio out to another DAC (digital 2 audio converter), your phone's DAC is not involved at all, and since EQ works with the audio stream in digital, your player's EQ is in charge. smily_headphones1.gif

Steve
post #210 of 543
Additionally Mid band 2 on Neutron can take care of that nasty ear-canal resonance @ 7.5KHz. Cool!!

Steve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Best android music player app?