Yep, just got it......Simple and sounds "Normal" but needs more testing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 6/12/13 at 3:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
Best android music player app? - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I rest my case...of course, there is no requirement to listen "seriously". Some people like movies, some books, I like to listen while I'm doing something else as well, have music all day at the office, but it's not the same as listening while not multitasking IMO. Of course, everyone is different, but most studies suggest multitasking doesn't allow the same focus as doing a single activity.
This is absolutely correct. If I have music playing, and navigate to a web page and start reading it, then I lose all track of what I was listening to, it just becomes background noise.
I first realized this was true a while back, when I listened to a lot of podcasts........when I would have podcast audio playing....I would have to keep "rewinding" because I missed what someone said while I was reading something on my computer screen. Sure enough, the same thing ended up being true for music, and I am not talking about "listening for flaws in a recording"-type focus, just listening and enjoying the tunes.
X2 great combo on HTC one too.
So apparently the whole issue was that direct volume gain on Poweramp makes it so external programs do not work properly. I feel so stupid.
Testing the program out.... and I'm not sure if V4A really sounds "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. What settings have people been using? I'm driving Shure SRH840, and Pioneer SE-A1000.
I already did request, but that's not what I asked. I asked what people were using mostly. To my ears, it doesn't sound "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. I actually listen to music without any EQ or effects most of the time. E4A's effects sound different, but "better" is debatable.
I previously thought Google Play Music was best for me, but last few days I am back with Neutron again. I don't bother with EQ, but some of the little options for 64bit processing and jitter etc are nice to have. And more importantly I find the sound quality that Neutron output on my (unrooted) Galaxy S3 to be without equal - a demonstrably wider and deeper soundstage than other players, everything just sounds ace.
I use MixZing music player. It has a nice UI including the option to browse folders, and it just simply works. My headphones don't need any EQ, so I don't see a need for PowerAmp, or Neutron.
I'm giving Poweramp another try right now. So far I like it, still using no EQ on it though. The customization is ridiculous on it. There are so many options. I'll report back in a few days.
Is it me or does Poweramp, even with no EQ being used sound better than the more basic music players? Soundstage seems bigger and everything just sounds more clear and detailed. This is really sounding impressive with my Vsonic GR01.
- Best android music player app?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 15 seconds ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 1 minute ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › Hello from Missouri 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 3 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob