Yep, just got it......Simple and sounds "Normal" but needs more testing.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 6/12/13 at 3:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
Best android music player app? - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I rest my case...of course, there is no requirement to listen "seriously". Some people like movies, some books, I like to listen while I'm doing something else as well, have music all day at the office, but it's not the same as listening while not multitasking IMO. Of course, everyone is different, but most studies suggest multitasking doesn't allow the same focus as doing a single activity.
This is absolutely correct. If I have music playing, and navigate to a web page and start reading it, then I lose all track of what I was listening to, it just becomes background noise.
I first realized this was true a while back, when I listened to a lot of podcasts........when I would have podcast audio playing....I would have to keep "rewinding" because I missed what someone said while I was reading something on my computer screen. Sure enough, the same thing ended up being true for music, and I am not talking about "listening for flaws in a recording"-type focus, just listening and enjoying the tunes.
X2 great combo on HTC one too.
So apparently the whole issue was that direct volume gain on Poweramp makes it so external programs do not work properly. I feel so stupid.
Testing the program out.... and I'm not sure if V4A really sounds "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. What settings have people been using? I'm driving Shure SRH840, and Pioneer SE-A1000.
I already did request, but that's not what I asked. I asked what people were using mostly. To my ears, it doesn't sound "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. I actually listen to music without any EQ or effects most of the time. E4A's effects sound different, but "better" is debatable.
I previously thought Google Play Music was best for me, but last few days I am back with Neutron again. I don't bother with EQ, but some of the little options for 64bit processing and jitter etc are nice to have. And more importantly I find the sound quality that Neutron output on my (unrooted) Galaxy S3 to be without equal - a demonstrably wider and deeper soundstage than other players, everything just sounds ace.
I use MixZing music player. It has a nice UI including the option to browse folders, and it just simply works. My headphones don't need any EQ, so I don't see a need for PowerAmp, or Neutron.
I'm giving Poweramp another try right now. So far I like it, still using no EQ on it though. The customization is ridiculous on it. There are so many options. I'll report back in a few days.
Is it me or does Poweramp, even with no EQ being used sound better than the more basic music players? Soundstage seems bigger and everything just sounds more clear and detailed. This is really sounding impressive with my Vsonic GR01.
- Best android music player app?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 39 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio e7/e9 troubleshooting 7 minutes ago
- › SIngapore Meet : December 2013 8 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi