Yep, just got it......Simple and sounds "Normal" but needs more testing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 12/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- Need help from European head-fiers about EU taxes Last post on 4/9/13 at 1:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Cowon D20 DAP Last post on 3/31/13 at 8:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- A new music player after a J3 Last post on 4/19/13 at 4:57pm in Portable Source Gear
- Which DAP has the best measurements? Last post on 4/3/13 at 7:30am in Portable Source Gear
- Sony F Series VS E Series Sound quality and components (DAC) Last post on 6/12/13 at 3:21pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
Best android music player app? - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I rest my case...of course, there is no requirement to listen "seriously". Some people like movies, some books, I like to listen while I'm doing something else as well, have music all day at the office, but it's not the same as listening while not multitasking IMO. Of course, everyone is different, but most studies suggest multitasking doesn't allow the same focus as doing a single activity.
This is absolutely correct. If I have music playing, and navigate to a web page and start reading it, then I lose all track of what I was listening to, it just becomes background noise.
I first realized this was true a while back, when I listened to a lot of podcasts........when I would have podcast audio playing....I would have to keep "rewinding" because I missed what someone said while I was reading something on my computer screen. Sure enough, the same thing ended up being true for music, and I am not talking about "listening for flaws in a recording"-type focus, just listening and enjoying the tunes.
X2 great combo on HTC one too.
So apparently the whole issue was that direct volume gain on Poweramp makes it so external programs do not work properly. I feel so stupid.
Testing the program out.... and I'm not sure if V4A really sounds "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. What settings have people been using? I'm driving Shure SRH840, and Pioneer SE-A1000.
I already did request, but that's not what I asked. I asked what people were using mostly. To my ears, it doesn't sound "better" than Poweramp with direct volume gain. I actually listen to music without any EQ or effects most of the time. E4A's effects sound different, but "better" is debatable.
I previously thought Google Play Music was best for me, but last few days I am back with Neutron again. I don't bother with EQ, but some of the little options for 64bit processing and jitter etc are nice to have. And more importantly I find the sound quality that Neutron output on my (unrooted) Galaxy S3 to be without equal - a demonstrably wider and deeper soundstage than other players, everything just sounds ace.
I use MixZing music player. It has a nice UI including the option to browse folders, and it just simply works. My headphones don't need any EQ, so I don't see a need for PowerAmp, or Neutron.
I'm giving Poweramp another try right now. So far I like it, still using no EQ on it though. The customization is ridiculous on it. There are so many options. I'll report back in a few days.
Is it me or does Poweramp, even with no EQ being used sound better than the more basic music players? Soundstage seems bigger and everything just sounds more clear and detailed. This is really sounding impressive with my Vsonic GR01.
- Best android music player app?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 1 second ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 53 seconds ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 1 minute ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Simple elecret mic pre-amp: What's causing my hum? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 3 minutes ago
- › Any good DAC+AMP+SPKS+CABLE setup under $150 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude