I have a option to get one of these three headphones which one is the best choice in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and a bit of comfort?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD-518tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598 Last post on 4/28/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which would you recommend for producing/mastering? Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing one of these headphones? Last post on 1/23/14 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Speakers or Headphones? Last post on 8/29/13 at 10:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD518 is an open air headphone. Read it's description. Zero isolation (no sound cancelling). Note, that sound cancelling requires an active power source for a headphone designed to do that. What you're looking for is passive isolation. The HD518 lacks it completely. So scratch this off your list.
The M50 and Vmoda LP are very similar headphones. Similar sound quality (which is fairly mediocre), similar passive isolation (which is decent), comfort is very subjective, so I'll just say average (the LP clamped fairly hard though). Both of these headphones are over priced frankly. The good thing about them is that they're made well, good build quality, solid construction. But everything else about them is pretty average. If you can get them $80, maybe worth while (and $50 for the Vmoda maybe). More than that, and I would suggest different headphones entirely.
Honestly I wouldn't buy any of those three headphones.
But I guess it depends on your budget, and where you're buying from, and why you're limited to those three options.
- Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 40 seconds ago
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Limited Edition Woodies: ATH-ESW9LTD!! 3 minutes ago
- › Great Rock Albums! 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 8 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)