I have a option to get one of these three headphones which one is the best choice in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and a bit of comfort?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598 Last post on 4/28/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which would you recommend for producing/mastering? Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing one of these headphones? Last post on 1/23/14 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD518 is an open air headphone. Read it's description. Zero isolation (no sound cancelling). Note, that sound cancelling requires an active power source for a headphone designed to do that. What you're looking for is passive isolation. The HD518 lacks it completely. So scratch this off your list.
The M50 and Vmoda LP are very similar headphones. Similar sound quality (which is fairly mediocre), similar passive isolation (which is decent), comfort is very subjective, so I'll just say average (the LP clamped fairly hard though). Both of these headphones are over priced frankly. The good thing about them is that they're made well, good build quality, solid construction. But everything else about them is pretty average. If you can get them $80, maybe worth while (and $50 for the Vmoda maybe). More than that, and I would suggest different headphones entirely.
Honestly I wouldn't buy any of those three headphones.
But I guess it depends on your budget, and where you're buying from, and why you're limited to those three options.
- Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 10 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 34 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 52 seconds ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2