I have a option to get one of these three headphones which one is the best choice in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and a bit of comfort?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 518tagged by System, 12/2/12
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Stuck between Sennheiser HD 518 or 598 Last post on 4/28/13 at 12:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser build problems anyone? Last post on 12/15/14 at 6:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for home-use headphones Last post on 9/30/14 at 4:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which would you recommend for producing/mastering? Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Help Choosing one of these headphones? Last post on 1/23/14 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HD518 is an open air headphone. Read it's description. Zero isolation (no sound cancelling). Note, that sound cancelling requires an active power source for a headphone designed to do that. What you're looking for is passive isolation. The HD518 lacks it completely. So scratch this off your list.
The M50 and Vmoda LP are very similar headphones. Similar sound quality (which is fairly mediocre), similar passive isolation (which is decent), comfort is very subjective, so I'll just say average (the LP clamped fairly hard though). Both of these headphones are over priced frankly. The good thing about them is that they're made well, good build quality, solid construction. But everything else about them is pretty average. If you can get them $80, maybe worth while (and $50 for the Vmoda maybe). More than that, and I would suggest different headphones entirely.
Honestly I wouldn't buy any of those three headphones.
But I guess it depends on your budget, and where you're buying from, and why you're limited to those three options.
- Sennheiser 518 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50s vs V-Moda Crossfade LP?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 28 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Stockholm 2015 Mini Meet 9-10th September. Mark your calendars! 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 4 minutes ago
- › Which amp and/or DAC to get for AKG K712s? 5 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Cheap over ear noise isolating heaphones 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2