I know producting radio imaging and spots isn't ideal with headphone and should be used with a good set of studio monitors, however in my situation I'm having do to a lot of station imaging and spot production with headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750s but after having them for just over 5 or 6 year they are falling apart. Would to find something that would give me the best overall sound quality for production and can hold up with constantly taking them on and off again through out the day. Any help would be great. I was thinking about getting the Grado SR225i. Would ideally like to stay $200 or below. Thanks!
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/2/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for instrumental music and southern gospel? Last post on 10/12/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best home studio monitor headphones around 150$? Last post on 1/25/13 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Grado SR225i is a terrible headphone for radio production. It is an open headphone for one. It is very very bright sounding and not very detailed. If you go with a Grado the SR60 measures the same as all of the others up to the RS-1i so there really is no need to go beyond the SR60.
A few headphones that come to mind are the Audio Technica ATH-M50, AKG K 240 MK II, and Shure SRH440. Of those I think the AKG K 240 MK II is the best for radio production, but if your ears are sensitive to treble go wit hthe ATH-M50. All of those headphones are below $200 with the ATH-M50 being the most durable.
- Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 44 seconds ago
- › Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 3 minutes ago
- › Massdrop contact information 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN Series: 1/1es/3/5 -- Ti-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear"... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 11 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2