I know producting radio imaging and spots isn't ideal with headphone and should be used with a good set of studio monitors, however in my situation I'm having do to a lot of station imaging and spot production with headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750s but after having them for just over 5 or 6 year they are falling apart. Would to find something that would give me the best overall sound quality for production and can hold up with constantly taking them on and off again through out the day. Any help would be great. I was thinking about getting the Grado SR225i. Would ideally like to stay $200 or below. Thanks!
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/2/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for instrumental music and southern gospel? Last post on 10/12/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best home studio monitor headphones around 150$? Last post on 1/25/13 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Grado SR225i is a terrible headphone for radio production. It is an open headphone for one. It is very very bright sounding and not very detailed. If you go with a Grado the SR60 measures the same as all of the others up to the RS-1i so there really is no need to go beyond the SR60.
A few headphones that come to mind are the Audio Technica ATH-M50, AKG K 240 MK II, and Shure SRH440. Of those I think the AKG K 240 MK II is the best for radio production, but if your ears are sensitive to treble go wit hthe ATH-M50. All of those headphones are below $200 with the ATH-M50 being the most durable.
- Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 9 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 13 seconds ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 16 seconds ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 28 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Balancing Act 2 minutes ago
- › Lampizator Level 7 DAC with world class analog active volume control 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2