I know producting radio imaging and spots isn't ideal with headphone and should be used with a good set of studio monitors, however in my situation I'm having do to a lot of station imaging and spot production with headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750s but after having them for just over 5 or 6 year they are falling apart. Would to find something that would give me the best overall sound quality for production and can hold up with constantly taking them on and off again through out the day. Any help would be great. I was thinking about getting the Grado SR225i. Would ideally like to stay $200 or below. Thanks!
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/2/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for instrumental music and southern gospel? Last post on 10/12/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best home studio monitor headphones around 150$? Last post on 1/25/13 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
It has a solid build that if you want to break them, you should do something extreme to them. Still it comes with 2 years of warranty and if you do break these, you can get a new one at %50...
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Grado SR225i is a terrible headphone for radio production. It is an open headphone for one. It is very very bright sounding and not very detailed. If you go with a Grado the SR60 measures the same as all of the others up to the RS-1i so there really is no need to go beyond the SR60.
A few headphones that come to mind are the Audio Technica ATH-M50, AKG K 240 MK II, and Shure SRH440. Of those I think the AKG K 240 MK II is the best for radio production, but if your ears are sensitive to treble go wit hthe ATH-M50. All of those headphones are below $200 with the ATH-M50 being the most durable.
- Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 or HD 600 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 4 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for closed back portable headphones with great sound... 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 Central Florida Summer Meet @ LiveSoundWave in Orlando 8.1.2015 6 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Tube Rolling 8 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3