I know producting radio imaging and spots isn't ideal with headphone and should be used with a good set of studio monitors, however in my situation I'm having do to a lot of station imaging and spot production with headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750s but after having them for just over 5 or 6 year they are falling apart. Would to find something that would give me the best overall sound quality for production and can hold up with constantly taking them on and off again through out the day. Any help would be great. I was thinking about getting the Grado SR225i. Would ideally like to stay $200 or below. Thanks!
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/2/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for instrumental music and southern gospel? Last post on 10/12/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best home studio monitor headphones around 150$? Last post on 1/25/13 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Grado SR225i is a terrible headphone for radio production. It is an open headphone for one. It is very very bright sounding and not very detailed. If you go with a Grado the SR60 measures the same as all of the others up to the RS-1i so there really is no need to go beyond the SR60.
A few headphones that come to mind are the Audio Technica ATH-M50, AKG K 240 MK II, and Shure SRH440. Of those I think the AKG K 240 MK II is the best for radio production, but if your ears are sensitive to treble go wit hthe ATH-M50. All of those headphones are below $200 with the ATH-M50 being the most durable.
- Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is the Sennheiser HD 558 mod worth it? 29 seconds ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Under 800$, closed back, good for metal recommandations 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 , Sony A17 etc 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Straight Dope on Balanced out vs S.E on dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2