I know producting radio imaging and spots isn't ideal with headphone and should be used with a good set of studio monitors, however in my situation I'm having do to a lot of station imaging and spot production with headphones. I currently own a pair of Ultrasone Pro 750s but after having them for just over 5 or 6 year they are falling apart. Would to find something that would give me the best overall sound quality for production and can hold up with constantly taking them on and off again through out the day. Any help would be great. I was thinking about getting the Grado SR225i. Would ideally like to stay $200 or below. Thanks!
- productAKG K240 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 12/2/12
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by System, 12/2/12
- productUltrasone PRO 750tagged by System, 12/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Moving to a new level of headphone Last post on 1/24/13 at 11:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones for instrumental music and southern gospel? Last post on 10/12/12 at 8:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- Already done research, would like opinions on ~$125 Over Ear Open-backed Headphones. Last post on 1/31/13 at 2:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best home studio monitor headphones around 150$? Last post on 1/25/13 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- Big, comfy closed headphones under $150 Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The Grado SR225i is a terrible headphone for radio production. It is an open headphone for one. It is very very bright sounding and not very detailed. If you go with a Grado the SR60 measures the same as all of the others up to the RS-1i so there really is no need to go beyond the SR60.
A few headphones that come to mind are the Audio Technica ATH-M50, AKG K 240 MK II, and Shure SRH440. Of those I think the AKG K 240 MK II is the best for radio production, but if your ears are sensitive to treble go wit hthe ATH-M50. All of those headphones are below $200 with the ATH-M50 being the most durable.
- Best type of headphones for Radio Production.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony F887 (white 64GB) + USB DAC cable ((WMC-NWH10) + blue case +... 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Ultrasone Edition 8 Near Mint 4 minutes ago
- › What is the Monster "Magnetic FluxTube"? 4 minutes ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth adapter for powered speakers? 7 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 8 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for classical music set-up? 8 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)