Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim3320070 View Post

Getting some crackling with ASIO using JRiver 17 on V2. Kernal Streaming seems solid.

Edit- after a pause the music played back sped up like the turn-table was cranked. Very strange.

This might be a USB thing. Try using another port, or see the bottom portion of this guide to select a USB port that is not being shared with other USB devices.
post #167 of 364

2014V2 firmware flashed and 192k playback is back. SQ still great!

post #168 of 364

same problem here: no 24/192 support after FW-upgrade and driver update. ASIO still not working for USB. Listening with Win7-JRiver 19- nfb15.32. Just read about the V2-upgrade, let's hope it works.

post #169 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanus View Post
 

same problem here: no 24/192 support after FW-upgrade and driver update. ASIO still not working for USB. Listening with Win7-JRiver 19- nfb15.32. Just read about the V2-upgrade, let's hope it works.


24/192 is working now. Still no ASIO in JRiver. VIA ASIO panel doesn't work anymore ("Enumerate filter failed").

General impression of FW 2014 over 2013: works more smoothly, no clicks etc. any more (consumes less CPU ressources), KS and WASAPI without problem. Windows mixer disabled (I wondered why it had been active before in KS and WASAPI).

Good Job!

Stephan

post #170 of 364

I have ASIO working in JRiver17

post #171 of 364

Is it correct that the V2 version of the 2014 Firmware is a "BIN" and not a "DFU" file?

 

Thank you,

Davor.

post #172 of 364

double post, sorry.


Edited by stephanus - 1/27/14 at 12:11pm
post #173 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by davor281 View Post
 

Is it correct that the V2 version of the 2014 Firmware is a "BIN" and not a "DFU" file?

 

Thank you,

Davor.

I noticed that and was confused, too. But I dared and it worked.

Hope it helps.

post #174 of 364

Thank you Stephanus. Was confused because I was expecting a "dfu" file, but now I see it is O.K. and that it should be a "bin".

 

Cheers,

Davor.

post #175 of 364

I upgraded my Reference 5.32 firmware and driver with 2014 version. I also have issue with 16/192 and 24/192, no sound coming out. Beside that, sounds fine. This is on Windows 7.

post #176 of 364

Have you tried 2014V2? That solved the problem for me. The new version has replaced the old one on the audio gd homepage. (Don't be confused: the firmware appears as "bin" file instead of "dfu", but that's fine.)

post #177 of 364

I've tried the FW/Driver 2014 V2, I prefer the previous version, the newer sound cleaner, brighter but harsh.

 

I don't know if I will swap to previous version, I will try with warmer amp because I like the increased soundstage and clarity, extended treble that were a but muted on extremity.


Edited by Hun7er - 2/1/14 at 12:54am
post #178 of 364

Problem is that V1 doesn't work with 192kHz on JRiver, but V2 does.

post #179 of 364
Quote:
I upgraded my Reference 5.32 firmware and driver with 2014 version. I also have issue with 16/192 and 24/192, no sound coming out. Beside that, sounds fine. This is on Windows 7.

This morning pulled the Master 7 to the workbench for mods and upgraded the Ref 5.32 to 2014 V2 firmware.  No problem with 192kHz playback and also using Win 7 64.   The Ref. 5.32 never sounded better!   Sure you have the latest V2 version of the firmware?  

post #180 of 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DACLadder View Post
 

This morning pulled the Master 7 to the workbench for mods and upgraded the Ref 5.32 to 2014 V2 firmware.  No problem with 192kHz playback and also using Win 7 64.   The Ref. 5.32 never sounded better!   Sure you have the latest V2 version of the firmware?  

 

Looks like I didn't get the V2; I've re-downloaded and I'll re-apply firmware and driver. Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread